Sign in to follow this  
MEDICUS

Suitable counterparts for some addons

Hi,

I'm just looking for some suitable counterparts for some addons whitch will make it possible to have fair conditions for both sides (for example in a CTI (Conquer the island))

I'm searching counterparts for:

- Vit-APCs (BMD3, BMD3M, BMP3)

- BAS Littlebirds (armed and unarmed version)

- BAS Pavehawk and BAS Blackhawk (especially for the great AH-60L ADP)

- KLR (at the moment i use the STT KLR)

Any ideas whitch addons i could use?  (want to use it for Multiplayer, so it would be nice if everyone could get the addons easy)

THX in advance,

MEDICUS

Already on a special MFCTI

Already on a special MFCTI

Yes, i know. But i'm searching for vehicles, whitch could play the east counterpart of this choppers...

... and for vehicles whitch could be the west counterpart of the VitAPCs.

Äšn the MFCTI you are talking about there are this choppers used for the west side ... but the east side doesn't have anything like that afaik ... so it's quite unfair in my eyes.

Any idea whitch vehicles i could use?

Mfg MEDICUS

about the littlebirds, maybe you could use the Mi-2pack by NO. It's a small chopper, allowing to transport few soldiers. There's different versions with different types of weapons. i don't remember if there is an unarmed version.

about the littlebirds, maybe you could use the Mi-2pack by NO. It's a small chopper, allowing to transport few soldiers. There's different versions with different types of weapons. i don't remember if there is an unarmed version.

yes, thought of this one too. The only problem is, that the Mi-2 flys like a bus and the littlebird, well like a porsche compared to the Mi-2. Isn't there something like the MD500 (out of the FDF-Mod) available (without installing a whole mod)?

the airwolf mods md500s have 2 russian types with miniguns and one with out

the airwolf mods md500s have 2 russian types with miniguns and one with out

THX sniperuk02,

i'll download the pack and have a look smile_o.gif

Mfg MEDICUS

Quote[/b] ]- Vit-APCs (BMD3, BMD3M, BMP3)

Rudedog's Bradleys smile_o.gif

Bah! Beat me!

Pavehawks and Bhawks are so far unmatched by the east, sorry.

Quote[/b] ]- Vit-APCs (BMD3, BMD3M, BMP3)

Rudedog's Bradleys smile_o.gif

This Pack is still "under construction", right? Or is there a download-version available?

Bah! Beat me!

Pavehawks and Bhawks are so far unmatched by the east, sorry.

That's what i was afraid off  sad_o.gif

Rudedog was waiting for crew last I heard from him, but last I heard from an unnamed source, they were done. Now we're back onto waiting for him.

Rudedog was waiting for crew last I heard from him, but last I heard from an unnamed source, they were done. Now we're back onto waiting for him.

So this unnamed source didn't give you the addon to beta test at all, because when i gave it to you i don't remember saying it was finised, I told you it was a beta.

As for my 2 cents I don't think its wise to counter directly but perhaps something more like if you give the West good choppers, perhaps give the east more anti air if you catch my drift.

one problem with better AA systems is then they cna over power the helo's.

DKM's aa systems are good and just rip any west helo to peices..

try the 'Our Weapons' Mi-2 pack... that would be a fair counterpart to the littlebirds... and its an awesome pack - gotta love those little choppers

blackhawks and pavehawks... well, nothing i can think of which has been released...

Just tested Airwolf-Mod's MD500-Pack and it works fine. They are nearly the same way as the BAS-Littlebirds are and at least, i can use them for the one or other coop mission, too  biggrin_o.gif

@ Messiah:

Thx for the link!

We have the "older" version of NO's Mi-2 on our server. And we tested the new pack, too. But we had a bug in this version. The pilots have been sitting on the top of the chopper, and not in the cockpit. Looked wiered  sad_o.gif

I'm not sure if the chopper itself made the problem, or if it doesn't fit with one of the other addons we have installed on our server. I'll have to test this again i think.

But, thx again for the link!  smile_o.gif

@ coporal_punishment:

Yes, i think that's the way i'll have to do it. West will get the Blackhawks and /or Pavehawks and East some nice AA-Systems (perhaps a Zu-23 (VitPAck) or a SA-13 (MTLB-Pack))

Too bad that there is nothing comparable for the east side  sad_o.gif

@ calm_terror:

You are right, the new Tunguska (by DKMM) is really overpowered  sad_o.gif

And if they start shooting, they freeze my game. crazy_o.gif

Would be hard to play if there are 3 or 4 of them in the map and all fireing at the same time (especially in a big mission like a CTI with lots of moveing units and stuff like that). So i think the ZU-23 or Sa-13 will do the same (or nearly the same) job as the Tunguska with much less lag.

Thanks a lot for your replys and suggestions!  smile_o.gif

Of course any new and different suggestions are welcome smile_o.gif

Mfg MEDICUS

Mi-2 works fine on my pc... so guessing it could be a problem your end...

Mi-2 works fine on my pc... so guessing it could be a problem your end...

Yes,

just found out that this only happend if you play a mission whitch uses the Mi-2 v1.0 and if youself use the Mi-2 v1.1  sad_o.gif

Example: Karrillion uses in his RTS the Mi-2 v1.0 and i used the Mi-2 v1.1. That's the mission where i saw that pilot sitting "on" the chopper, not in the cockpit.

Mfg MEDICUS

Well Inquistor did a desert verssion of the Mi24D hind with a differnt loadout and more cargo positions. In a desert cammo paint. CLSA did pull out their helos in the rip mod but still think it requiers downloading the whole mod, not tested it myself. Kinda content killing stuff with the hinds in the clsa mod outright.

DKMs Mi28N is still cool for going against the west apache and comanchee ships, but the radar jambing is a bit too much. BOH has AH64D longbows that hold up fairly well but again come part of a mod. Most of the hardcore OFPers mostlikely have all this stuff, just you got hold outs that won't get it and hold out in hopes the mod group will hack out just the one part just to please them.

Most of the other seperate east made choppers are delayed by bug issues. There was a KA50 pack where they were tampered with and the config enhnaced and new skins.