Sign in to follow this  
ZiRo

Reminiscence

Quote[/b] ]August 7th 2002: Russia invades small island of Nogova in the Baltic Sea to remove the Terrorist Government.

August 12th 2002: Russia controls all of Nogova, little resistance met, Government and rebels are splinter into the mountains and countryside. No key figures captured.

March 23rd 2004: Russian Government accused of producing an array of unauthorized deadly chemical Weapons of Mass Destruction by the United States. United States produces "Substantial Evidence".

March 29th 2004: Russia gracefully allows UN Weapons Inspectors allowed to search.

May 19th 2004: UN Inspectors find no evidence of unauthorized chemical weapons production. United States undermined by many UN Members due to the lack of findings.

May 22nd 2004: United States Government brings to light no new evidence but claims the WMD are being produced and stored in Nogova, a Russian occupied Island in the Baltic Sea.

May 24th 2004: Putin makes a statement defending its occupation of Nogova as intervening to remove the terror government and capture Terrorist Leader 'Aslan Chehab Maskhadov'. During which Putin announced he had concrete evidence Maskhadov was still present on the island and all efforts were being made to apprehend him.

April 12th 2004: A UN majority vote found Russian President, Vladimir Putin to be true to his word and no reason seen to visit Nogova. For the past 5 months the Pentagon has been trying to prove Russia has unauthorized chemical weapons, but to no avail. So when are we staging the attack, Mr President?

-Use 400mb+ of extremely high quality addons.

-Take control of over 4 different characters serving in different military units.

-Participate in joint unit operations.

-Marvel at over 120 minutes of scripted dialogue and cutscenes.

-Strive to complete an array of diverse mission objectives.

-Battle in over 10 deeply submursive, multi-part missions.

Fight in Today's Battle!

Watch This Space!

Sounds intresting.Well my opinion is that any new campaign is a good campaign.

Is the campaign voice acted and how long until realese?

And 400 MB are a little to much for most of the people.I don`t mind but I hope they are extremly popular so people already have them.

And not to sound negative,I am gonna download your campaign,but with this amount of addons why didn`t you use a user made island like BAS Tonal,people are really waiting for a good campaign on it and I think that your theme with just small adjusments would have fit.

400meg is way too much for me, try to stick to popular addons and cut down on them. Please don't use large mods like clsa2 and fdf, people on slower connections such as 56k's like me don't find it easy downloading more than 100meg, I would prefer it to be on a good custom island like trinity but if you have already done a lot of work then i guess its ok.

Please cut down on the addons, I really want to be able to play this!

I can assure you i have taken all these points into account.

A brief run down of where the addon size is going:

-BAS Stuff (not tonal)

-Marine Addon Pack

-HYK Modern US Infantry

-VIT APC Pack

-CoC Torpedo's and Unified Artillery

-Sigma's Tank Packs

-DKM Choppers

and obviously some others...

but these are generally smaller files, which could be included as a large RAR/ZIP, seperate from some of the popular ones i mentioned above.

However I agree totally with your points about file size, i will cut out some less essential addons. Trying my hardest not to sacrifice the feel and atmosphere they create.

I need opinions on a possible "campaign cd".

Price:

Å1 - Å5 GBP

$2 - $7 USD

Contents:

All addons

Campaign

Extras? (hisky? wgl?)

Price will be calculated dependant on Shipping costs. No Profit will be gained!

Opinions Please.

ZiRo two things, firstly we don't allow cross-posting on the forums, that means two or more identical threads posted in separate forums to gain more attention, however I think in this instance your two threads are probably just about different enough to warrant two threads, but please be aware that they must remain two separate issues or one will be closed.

Also the whole aspect of charging people money for Opf content is a very dodgy area, I'm not a lawyer so I don't know the legal aspect of it, I can only advise and request that any talk of money be done away from the forums, you're making a campaign, that's great and perfectly allowable, however any legal minefields you may involve yourself in should not be walked upon in these forums and you should be aware that there is always a risk that if Codemasters or Bis feel sufficiently aggrieved legal action could well be taken against you.

As moderators of the Bis forums we cannot overlook or condone any aspect of discussions relating to money changing hands for Opf content, other than monies being paid to Bis/CM for Bis/CM content.

How big is the campaign PBO?

If its around 20-40 MB i'll d.ld it through my 56k , you can give us Addon d/ld links separatly too. CD can be used for people who live somewhere in the arctic or havent ever d/lded any of the popular addons tounge_o.gif

I probably have all the popular addons UNLESS its the CSLA mod or BOH which i dont have. IF you are using popular addons from well known Mod teams then forget the CD idea people have got all these addons probably.

The PBO hasnt been sorted yet.

The campaign hasnt been sorted yet.

It's being planned, everything sorted beforehand so there will be no delays in running off the missions. The amount of missions ive done before and the amount of scripts ive made there will be no delays in getting the missions done, only how much time i can be bothered to spend on them at a time smile_o.gif

Don't let this phase you, the campaign will be hopefully be completed within a month.

Expected delays:

Voice actors

Sorting out how best would be to distribute the campaign online.

I will not download this.

It seems like more, and more opinionated Anti-American Military stuff. I'm tired of people portraying the US as evil, and it's military as blatantly open to genocide. You're getting Bush confused with Hitler and Stalin again.

The US has helped the world, and you repay it with openly ignorant insults.

I'm done with that.

Another problem is the money issue. I'm not paying. I don't know if your campaign is CSLA2 or FDF quality, or if it ends up (I won't name names) half assed with microsoft voice synthesis and 5000 spelling errors. I doubt it will, but there's the chance that I'm not willing to part with 10 bucks for.

Rethink the concept, don't make America evil again, stop the Iraq Clone problems, and find a way to not charge anyone anything for this. Nobody has ever needed to distribute a campaign by CD, and why do you have to?

I'm not calling you a liar, but when money is exchanged, the $3.95 shipping charge can easily become a $10.95 "Error". Scams happen, and sadly, OFP could get to that, and I don't like the idea of paying for a campaign that "Wasn't making any profit".

Call me biased, call it flaming, but I'm not and this isn't a flame, more like a thrown glass of water. wink_o.gif

IMHO, you need to come up with a more plausible concept for a campaign. The US isn't going to be rattling its saber at a country with hundreds of nuclear missiles. If you want to do an anti-US campaign (And I'll admit that we have too many pro-US campaigns), then why not make a resistance campaign where you try to fight the Americans off your island?

Oh please its ONLY a GAME so let the person decide whatever scenario he wants , i dont give a damn who attackes who , i mean reallife scenarios are even shittier , a country got raped for charges that it could assault a country half way across the world with fake weapons crazy_o.gifblues.gif

This seems a lot saner and possible to me....

Hey Hey, lets not argue.

This is not an 'anti-american' campaign. Its simply a campaign using some "updated" units and weapons to have a nice campaign, completing realistic mission objectives (e.g peacekeeping, support, military arrests).

We've reconsidered the options available to us in terms of islands and adapted our story to a newer island.

Whilst on the subject of releases:

The campaign CD will be an OPTIONAL method of Distribution.

The campaign will be available to download - we just have to consider the sizes, with/without addons, etc.

Quote[/b] ]August 7th 2002: Russia invades small island of Nogova in the Baltic Sea to remove the Terrorist Government.

August 12th 2002: Russia controls all of Nogova, little resistance met, Government and rebels are splinter into the mountains and countryside. No key figures captured.

March 23rd 2004: Russian Government accused of producing an array of unauthorized deadly chemical Weapons of Mass Destruction by the United States. United States produces "Substantial Evidence".

March 29th 2004: Russia gracefully allows UN Weapons Inspectors allowed to search.

May 19th 2004: UN Inspectors find no evidence of unauthorized chemical weapons production. United States undermined by many UN Members due to the lack of findings.

May 22nd 2004: United States Government brings to light no new evidence but claims the WMD are being produced and stored in Nogova, a Russian occupied Island in the Baltic Sea.

May 24th 2004: Putin makes a statement defending its occupation of Nogova as intervening to remove the terror government and capture Terrorist Leader 'Aslan Chehab Maskhadov'. During which Putin announced he had concrete evidence Maskhadov was still present on the island and all efforts were being made to apprehend him.

April 12th 2004: A UN majority vote found Russian President, Vladimir Putin to be true to his word and no reason seen to visit Nogova. For the past 5 months the Pentagon has been trying to prove Russia has unauthorized chemical weapons, but to no avail. So when are we staging the attack, Mr President?

sounds familiar to me... rock.gif

it´s not because of anti- amercanism, but because of lacking originality.

this story comes straight out of the news, dude- sry to say sad_o.gif

better rewrite the story from march 23rd 2004, otherwise it´d be very odd.

but i still wish you good luck and happy editing with your campaign smile_o.gif

The objective is not to have an original storyline.

The objective is to have a fun, enjoyable, "different" campaign.

"different" in the way of missions.

Hopefully you'll see what i mean.

-ZiRo

Good that there's someone making use for these great addons. The diversity of addons has been a little problem because no one have made missions for them. I might be wrong but that kind of picture I have about these things.