Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

When I try to convert the modified config.cpp to config.bin, the used program ccp2bin freezes after half work is done without an error message.

Is there another program than cpp2bin by Amalfi out there.

I searched for, but no luck.

I downloaded cpp2bin from different sources, tryed out a few times. It ended every time with a 100% CPU load and a non responding programm. Is there an alternative to cpp2bin.

Maybe it`s my Win2K, but I don`t think so.

EDIT:

Used binview to extract the config.bin, made the changes and used cpp2bin succesfull to reconvert to bin format. biggrin_o.gif

EDIT:

And now i get this:

ErrorMessage: config.cpp/CfgVehicles/AllVehicles.EventHandlers: Undefined base class 'ECP_EventHandlers'

Any idea?

Thanks for the help with the ICP effects as i am lost in random letters and number when viewing the config biggrin_o.gif

Pappy, would you be open to making a limited edition, director's cut of Y2K that would incorporate later developments such as FLASHFx, new HYK soldiers, tank flash, etc. for distribution through email? Pretty please... I am stupid when it comes to altering the config.

How can i let GMR 1.49 Work with y2k3?

GMR 1.49 has been in Y2K3 since day 1

Quote[/b] ]Pappy, would you be open to making a limited edition, director's cut of Y2K that would incorporate later developments such as FLASHFx, new HYK soldiers, tank flash, etc. for distribution through email? Pretty please... I am stupid when it comes to altering the config

no you iggnorant bastage tounge_o.gif . do you have the dodge challenger (red/black and sigma's reskin of it in white) and Rangers (latest version)? if so ill send you my config. cuz i got the lsr rangers as spec ops and dodge challengers as sports cars smile_o.gif along with the other new effects and tweaks

check your PM

Quote[/b] ]ErrorMessage: config.cpp/CfgVehicles/AllVehicles.EventHandlers: Undefined base class 'ECP_EventHandlers'

Any idea?

yup, and once yo solve that one you will get 9,384 more errors just like it wow_o.gif extracting the bined config uncomments everything that was commented. it only extracts about 3/4 of all the data from the bined format. thus upon re-binning your not getting all the data blues.gif

check it out brother. go to my site http://tootallinc.atwar.net go to my forums under trouble shooting and see if you can upload your config to the forum, my forum allows public uploads of no bigger then 1 MB. it allows .cpp, .bin, .rar, .zip, and some pic formats too. but you should be able to upload it, once i see it, ill download it, bin it, and send it back to you. alright?

Hi Pappy, first of all I love your mod, been using it since the betas xmas_o.gif

Now I got one question: In the config under "Class Man : Land" and "SoldierW/G/E and Civilian : Man" theres this part in the "Eventhandlers" section:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> fired = [...]; if ( (_this select 1 in [{Throw},{JAM_AT4Launcher},{JAM_RPG7Launcher},{JAM_M72LAWLauncher},{RPGLauncher},{LAWLau

ncher},{CarlGustavLauncher},{KEGRPG7LauncherMag},{AT4Launcher},{SUCHrpg16dAT},{SUCHRPG16dH

E},{9K32Launcher},{AALauncher}]) or (_this select 4 in [{JAM_MarkerGrenadeammo}]) ) then {_this exec {\JAM_Magazines\FX\firedEH.sqs}};if ( (_this select 1 in [{Throw},{smokeshell},{smokeshellred},{smokeshellgreen}]) ) then {_this exec {\JAM_Magazines\FX\man_popsmoke.sqs}}";

What does this part do exactly? I updated all effects with the Flash FX ones and got an error with the quoted part so I removed it. Now I just want to know if I want to check it all again to make it work or if I can just leave it out.

This eventhandler is for the exhaust script for the rocket launchers and the new smoke grenades.

Thank`s Pappy Boyington, config.bin uploaded to your Forum. xmas_o.gif

Thank`s Pappy Boyington, config.bin uploaded to your Forum. xmas_o.gif

i need the .cpp not the bin wink_o.gif give me the file that you fixed.. but are unable to cpp2bin due to PC overload

@ $cruffy: as homer said, that eventhandler is to ensure all people; civi, west, east, resistance, all have the AT backblast effect, the smoke grenade effect, and i belive i linked king homers M82 in there to ensure that all soldiers have the awesome effect from his M82 if they should happen to arm themselves with it in game

this is my first post after a lot of months playing to flashpoint, first of all , thank you a lot pappy boyinghton for this good mod, just love it...

so , just one question , is it possible to change ofp default watch ?

if yes , can you tell me how can i do , i have a watch.paa that i've done but i don't know how can i replace the old one by mine

edit : to mister Tea , do i need to download hyakyshi pack 1.5 ?

Done, it`s the converted version of my config.bin. smile_o.gif

ok bro check my reply in my forum has a link to the bined version of your config you sent me. however it is NOT tested in game thats up to you.

@tbird: you are most welcome. the watch however i do not know how to change sad_o.gif sorry

and i do suggest you downlaod hyk's 1.5 version of his soldier pack... BUT you will need to refer to the Y2K3 news post about how to modify your own config to utilize the new models (since theres some bugs when using 1.5 with Y2K3) not too bad thou

Many thank`s, will try out now. biggrin_o.gif

It`s working, it`s working. xmas_o.gif

Many many thank`s for your help bro.

This has already be mentioned.

Go to pappy website, you will find all the solutions you need.

For the google, it`s not a malfunction, it`s normal.

my site explains how you fix the double hat bug (introduced with the HYK infantry 2.0 (?) his latest version anyway.

and the "lower goggles" action was removed for the basic soldier due to 98% of all other "men" addons are based off of "soldierwb" so it would look weird to have, for instance, Martins DC3 pilot with the "goggles down" option even thou he has no goggles crazy_o.gif but since subclasses are rarely used as a base class i left the goggles option for them

Can anyone help me and write a config to incoporate the latest flashfx into Y2K3? I don't know where to start or anything sad_o.gif

ebns72

Assuming you know how to edit the config. Search through the config for both flash fx and Y2k3 's config.cpp's. Search for Eventhandler.

From there look at the differences and see if you can figure it out yourself intuitively. Also - make one change at a time. save it, convert to a .bin and then test.

You'll give yourself a load of trouble doing too much at once. An extra space or missing ; can be a nightmare to find when you do a lot all at once.

The eventhandlers are really the only thing that flash fx affects.

The eventhandlers are really the only thing that flash fx affects.

*restrains self* Calm down... he doesn't know any better... just let it g------I'LL KILL YOU!!!

Anyway, there is a LOT of stuff that isn't eventhandler related in the config. That's actually the hardest thing - remembering all the changes that aren't eventhandlers in the config. Some of the main ones are the new explosions, cratersmoke effects, bullet staying time(and the new model), the bullet-hit-water effect, the debris staying, and lots of other stuff.

I know there's more to it, bro. I think if he's asking something this generic / basic, the eventhandler's are the best / most noticable attributes of your awesome mod.

In addition, Y2K3 already incorporates some of those other things you mention. Just trying to get him a headstart w/o going into a full blown tutorial. Besides, this is Pappy's topic anyway. wink_o.gif

Besides, this is Pappy's topic anyway. wink_o.gif

*|gets out collapsable steel baton|* alright.. who's hijacking my topic?! hmm?! mad_o.gif

alright, anyway a couple pages back i breifly explained how to add the tank main gun with the awesome flash effect in it smile_o.gif

now remember one thing thou, and this goes for anyone that wants to combine flash fx and Y2K3, the more effects you add, weither it be debris staying or AT backblast, the more stuff you make OFP do the less memory you have and the more lag you get. now im not saying dont do it at all, im just fore warning you this could be the consiquences.

now, trying to aviod a turf war here (again) let me point out a few examples of what i mean: ECP is purely new fx aded via millions upon millions of scripts. with the optional INQ weapon pack or DR sound pack to enhance OFP. result is that it is laggy for most. EECP Incorperates all of the ECP Effects, Other Effects, and New models, which the new models and the effects make it playable for only the l337 f3\/\/. Flash FX adds alot of fancy visual enhancments at minamal performance hit, which is good if you just want new effects and orginal models (which in itself is also fine).

but with Y2K3-Performance Enhancer (PE) version, which id like to point out is my flagship config to this mod, althou it requiring a seperate download from the full mod, it is still my big selling point for the entire Y2K3 idea; which is New Looks, New Feel, New Sounds, with little to no performance hit.

The point to all this is, that you can make the attempt to combine the two but just understand that your basicly vioding the warrenty/guarentee that Y2K3 will give you all you want in a Total Conversion Mod that is usable by all types of users.

and just getting off topic here real quick, i know some of my comments about other modes like FDF, ECP, EECP, and a couple others have sparked some conflict, and i applogise for that but real quick, if i may, id just like to explainwhy i feel the way i do, and why Y2K3(PE) is the way it is. when i was in high school i told myself "if i become popular im not gonna forget who my real freinds are, even if they arent veiwed as cool" and in the 10th grade (year) i became popular.. but still hung out with my 'uncool' freinds. and when i started playing OFP i said "if i ever become a modder im not gonna make a super addon that has billions of awesome things thats playable by people with fancy computers; im gonna make a mod that is for everyone to use, a mod playable by mid range to high range"(since we know its virtualy impossible to factor in low-low range PC's into the eqasion too) and thats what i did with Y2K3. and the reason ive been so vocal about these other mods was that dispite my physical size i am "the little guy" im the person with a 1.5GHZ desktop with 256 ram. i cannot play with mods like ECP and FDF because they lag so horribly for me. and with all things considered they have but the best intentions in mind, but yet always refuse to think about people like me. that only have 1.5GHZ of processing and only have 256 Megabytes of Random Active Memory or lower. and im so vocal, especialy with the popularity that Y2K3 has gained, that im not here to nessacaraly compete with other mods in saying "im better then you" but more to say "the differnce between you and me is that my mod is playable by more then half* the community" *half the community refering to that if every single one of us downloaded and installed some form of Y2K3 more then 70% of us would be able to use it on a daily playing basis with little to no differnce then default, out-of-the-box, OFP.

im not here to "battle for the best mod" but hopefuly change the way modding is looked at and hopefuly see more modders out there try to consider that not everyone can afford an airwar with 400 scripts running on that plane, or a tank battle with 1800 scripts running per tank and hopefuly see a more community friendly modders.