Sign in to follow this  
vasgork

Radio alpha

How to make radio show up when u press 0-0 only when u enter some triger? and when u leave that trigger make it disappear? For example u can only use it when in extraction zone....

tnx

Um, try making the trigger, then in init.sqs put <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">1 SetRadioMsg "null" then add a trigger where you want it to be avalible, activated by "anybody", now on condition erase

this

and add <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">player in thislist (should work) and on activation put <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">1 SetRadioMsg "Whatever text you want" and on deactivation put <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">1 SetRadioMsg "null"

That SHOULD work, I'm hoping.

vasgork::

I have an idea! (Once I may be finally able to help biggrin_o.gif )

1. Create a trigger with your chosen A and B axis

2. Next, in the on activation field put <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">t1 = true

3. Make sure the trigger is activated by the person you want to activate this. To do this press F2 and drag a grouping line (blue) from that player and the trigger.

4. The trigger will be now only activated by that person when he is present in the radius you have created.

5. Create a second trigger with the same radius as the first and place it over the first trigger.

6. Make the type 'Radio Alpha' and have on the on activation field whatever you want to execute (eg a script or radio message)

7. Lastly in the condition this you want to type <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this && t1

I think that should, work but it is off the top of my head, and i've just woken up and in school sad_o.gif

Anyhoo, cya

Aook smile_o.gif

yes that´s the way it´s done.

MrZig is a bit confused I guess  tounge_o.gif

Oh yeah and set activation method to "once".

This way radio command will only be available one time.

I would like some help in this area aswell. I understand what aook002 said but I have a situation. What I have is multiple radio calls in a medivac mission with player as pilot. the double trigger wither player present wont work because you have to fly the same basic flight path both ways and the radio transmissions are going in and coming out. What I dont want is for both radio trigs to show on the 0-0 menu.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Pls describe your problem a bit more detailed. I can´t get what you want the radio to do. You want to receive radio call when you have to evacuate injured ones with position and such ?

And then you want the radio to guide you on certain routes ?

Pls explain more detailed.

Yeah, could you explain it a bit more clearly?

I'm confuzzled too sad_o.gif

Aook

vasgork::

I have an idea! (Once I may be finally able to help  biggrin_o.gif )

1. Create a trigger with your chosen A and B axis

2. Next, in the on activation field put <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">t1 = true

3. Make sure the trigger is activated by the person you want to activate this. To do this press F2 and drag a grouping line (blue) from that player and the trigger.

4. The trigger will be now only activated by that person when he is present in the radius you have created.

5. Create a second trigger with the same radius as the first and place it over the first trigger.

6. Make the type 'Radio Alpha' and have on the on activation field whatever you want to execute (eg a script or radio message)

7. Lastly in the condition this you want to type <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this && t1

I think that should, work but it is off the top of my head, and i've just woken up and in school  sad_o.gif

Anyhoo, cya

Aook  smile_o.gif

Been playing with this same situation recently. The above solution will only keep the Radio Trigger from activating, and won't keep it from being displayed in the 0-0 Radio action menu.

Although Mr. Zigs solution is more complicated, It would seem to keep the Radio trigger from showing up in the 0-0 action menu, but of course it would need to be tested.

Ok its like this. through out the mission I want the radio "alpha,bravo blah blah etc" to only show up after a specific event IE: "obj1 status "done" or "radio Alpha" and such like that. I want it to start with radio alpha then after said criteria are met have radio bravo become available and so on and so on. I dont want all radio to show up at the start of the mission. I want the player to stay on top of things and use the radio commands. The way I figure it if your a chopper pilot you have to stay on your toes and make sure and keep in radio contact with any ground units\bases you are working with. I can sort of relate because as a heavy engineer on any vehicle ops I did I had to remain in constant coms with my other platoon and company members as well CO HQ and occasionaly BAT HQ.

But as aook002 set it up the player has to "trip" the trigger by bieng present in order for the "radio" selection to become available. I plan on trying this on another portion of the mission but I cant use this at the beggining. So essentialy this is not an option for my mission as The flight path for the evac is from base to LZ back to the same base. I could change the end location for the evac but that would complicate this mission even further not to mention the creation of another base or at least the ocupation there of.

Hope that clarifies it smile_o.gif

PS. How could you not love Led Zeplin tounge_o.gif

My way works perfectly, just MAKE SURE you set the trigger that has

1 setradiomsg "Text"

is repeatedly, else you'll get the radio action when you go in the trigger, but you wont loose it when you dont go in it.

I tested it and it works fine.

Edit: Oh, and instead of

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">player in thislist

put

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">player in thislist OR vehicle player in thislist

I don't know if "player in thislist" really helps, cause I tried just "vehicle player in thislist" as a soldier and a heli, and it worked.

But use the one I just gave you, the code line.

Not to be a total Boner MrZig but when you put

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">1 SetRadioMsg "null"

does "1" refer to the "1" in 0-0-1rock.gif?

And again I can't have the radio command become available due to "presence" of any one. I want the radio options to become available sequentialy IE 1,2,3,4,5,. such as 0-0-1 "evac unit I am inbound on your position over" thus enabeling 0-0-2 "base on my way home over". etc....

This may not be possible but I don't see why not.

I tried making two civillians with names g1 & g2 and then setting the triggers to Condition: not (alive g1) etc so that radio alpha would kill g1 and thus activating bravo and it worked except the command still showed in the radio menu.

Again I am just a bumbbling Idiot when it comes to this stuff so any advice is a major bonus wink_o.gif

Thanks again

Radio alpha is 1

Why not in Your radio trigger have it enable the other radio? example:

init.sqs

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">2 setradiomsg "null"

3 setradiomsg "null"

4 setradiomsg "null"

5 setradiomsg "null"

Now on your 0-0-1 trigger, on activation put

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">2 setradiomsg "Text"

Now on 0-0-2 make it enable radio 3 to be avalible.

Easy stuff if you know what your doing.

I'm sorry man but when you put <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">2 setradiomsg "Text"

does the "text" refer the trigger back to the init?rock.gif

as this is sideradio and not sidechat.?

Like I said I am no pro and am fumbling and bumbling but the drive to make a good mission has kept me going and I just had a major break through in my understanding of scripting biggrin_o.gif

Er, no.

"text" means what you see when you go into 0-0

Do you just want sidechats? Or do you just want stuff to happen when you press 0-0-1?

No, no sidechat only sideradio (with audio)

What do you mean sideradio with audio?

You mean you talking and having a message at the bottom of the screen? That's not what radio triggers do, er, sorta.

You press 0-0-1 and you can have it activate a script, or say have it do this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">player say "yoursoundfile"

but you have to define it in your description.ext ect, I reccomend searching.

No man Example

Trigger,

activation:radio alpha

condition:true

on activation: ap sideradio "alph1_1"; (referring to my description for alph1_1.ogg" ) w1 sideradio "whisky1_1"; ap sideradio "alpha1_2"

You see I dont want text or "sidechat" text displayed. I want the sideradio option played. sound and text.

With <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">player say "sound OR text" dont work because if its say than said other player will "say" and I will never hear. and this is radio.

I guesse this is getting confusing I should have stopped at four beers tounge_o.gif

Sorry I don't understand what exactly you are trying to do.

As my buddy Tom says

"Non Importante"

I'll try and explain uno Mas

three trigs. radio alpha, brava, delta, I want them to be activated in order (not by presence of a unit though) starting with radio Alpha. And radio alpha being availible from the start. Player radios on the way to pickup then player flyes ino LZ and picks up wounded. once wounded's "getin" waypoint complete I want radio bravo to pop up on the radio menu so player can radio home base. Once plyer gets home it's all gravy because from there no flight paths are the same thus allowing me to activate radio commands via waypoint like last page.

Again this may not be gettin through but ope it does

AKK over!

Well then whever you want it to activate, say on the get in waypoint, have

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">2 setradiomsg "Radio home base"

All that does is make it so you can press 0-0-2

Hey thanks for all the replies, will try Mr. Zigs method now

Ok it was surely the beer talking that I drug on Like I did. MrZig I bow to you my friend you were absolutely correct.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">1 SetRadioMsg "null"

in the Init file and then

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">2 setradiomsg "Radio Home Base"

In the on activation of a way point or another trigger thanks MrZig.  

I am most humbled

guys how do you get writing up on the screen in team chat, for instance "PAPA BEAR: We have fast movers incomming to your position momentarially" ?

im stupid and stuck and i have no idea...

Try searching for chat and stuff, but I'll help you.

for anyone to sidechat, put

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">man1 sidechat "WE ARE UNDER FIRE! HEELLLPP!"

But for papa bear etc, put

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[west,"HQ"] sidechat "We have fast movers incomming to your position momentarially"

west being the side you're on.

is there anyway to get it so that the radio will only appear once you get to a certain place

cus i am making a mission where you are escaping from a base and you have to pick up your equipment so that you can radio in for help

cheers

Benny