Sign in to follow this  
Taconic

EECP - Enhanced ECP

Ah. Figures that it would go up at ofp.info while I actually wasn't around. tounge_o.gif

Well, this took a lot longer than I intended it to take and it isn't quite as exciting as I had hoped it would be, but nonetheless...

041S_1.jpg

041S_2.jpg

EECP v0.4.1

Quote[/b] ]v0.4.1 [07/07/04]

Notes

The maximum effective range for MANPADS has been increased to 1,700m. While this isn't entirely realistic (the Stinger actually has a max range of 8 miles,) I think that this is a good "OFP value" considering that nobody can actually play with a view distance of 8 miles.

The Skorpion may sound a little odd in some situations. It'll be fixed in a later revision.

Bug Fixes

* Whiz-by sounds now work again

* M2A2ODS now has the proper carrying capacity (was 6, now is 7)

* M1 can no longer target air targets with its main cannon

* V-80 no longer has an option to lower (unworking) landing gear

* The Uzi no longer has the MP5's burst fire mode

* Everything now properly defined in CfgModels

Model Changes

* M113 : Combat! M113A3 (NATO)

* M113 Ambulance : Combat! M113A3 Ambulance (NATO)

Gameplay Changes

* Smoke grenades replaced with BAS' JAM some grenades, which actually block the AI's line-of-sight

* Destructive power of satchel charge increased (to balance against the increased armor values of MBTs)

* Destructive power of MANPADS increased slighty, indirect hit damage increased from 2m to 3.5m, max range increased to 1,700m

* Black Op (Handgun) now armed with MP5 Aimpoint (SD) instead of Uzi

* Spetsnaz (Handgun) now armed with AKS-74U Cobra (SD) instead of AKS-74U

* AH-1 armor values increased slightly

Realism Changes

* US pilot now carries M9 instead of M4

* Russian Pilot now carries Makarov PM instead of AKS-74U

* Resistance pilot now carries CZ75 instead of AK-47, also carries smoke instead of grenades

* Su-25 now armed with GSh-30-2

Miscellaneous

* BAS' MH-60 smoke effect scripts adapted (after a whole lot of work) to all BIS aircraft classes

* Lupus[WD]'s CfgTextureToMaterial and CfgMaterials classes incorporated into config

* CfgTextureToMaterial and CfgMaterials moved out of main config.bin -- now defined in EECP_RSC.pbo

* BIS handgun classes incorporated into main config

* Kegetys' Makarov PM incorporated into config

* Numerous sound effect changes/alterations (handguns no longer sound like polite knocks at the door, the BMP-2's cannon no longer sounds like Jiffy Pop, etc)

* V-80 incorporated into main config, renamed Ka-50

* Numerous corrections to BIS typos and inaccuracies

See the first post in this thread for updated requirements, links, and instructions.

This will most likely be my last release before the next version of ECP is released. As always, feel free to post any bugs/errors/etc. I also tried to include multiple download links for everything this time around (I couldn't find alternate locations for a few things, though.)

This includes that thing that makes the Textures all cool and shiny like right? by Lupus?

My I suggest you start a new thread for 4.1?

I may start a new thread for 0.5, which will mark the inclusion of the new ECP core, so that will be pretty major. I dunno, though. I like keeping everything in one place. Much easier to keep track of.

This includes that thing that makes the Textures all cool and shiny like right? by Lupus?

Well, it doesn't make everything shiney, but yes, this includes Lupus' classes. There are a few things that they don't have an effect on yet, but I'll fix that in a later version.

once again, i'm sorry for the delay, i couldn't check the mailbox earlier... great work Kurayami

once again, i'm sorry for the delay, i couldn't check the mailbox earlier... great work Kurayami

Not a problem. It was only a couple of hours, not weeks (you know... the measurement of time with which I always misjudge my release dates.)

is all the units etc replaced as they did with super config ?

It may be stupid what I say, but what the hell.

I would preffer to hear "LAST MAG" instead of "ammo low"

and "EMPTY" than "OUT of AMMO".

Also It would be cool to hear "LOADING" when a soldier is reloading his weapon.

Obviously, I watched BHD.

Also, I don't know if it's possible but IT'd be cool to make a soldier that went dry to get a weapon on his own, rather order him to.

Now, U can shoot the idea down.

is all the units etc replaced as they did with super config ?

I'm not sure what you're asking. Does this replace units? Yes. Remember, super config was originally based on this config. tounge_o.gif

If you're asking if I used the same units, then no. I've tried to stick to only the things that would actually be used in a given situation (I.E., no MH-47E to replace the CH-47D, not using AF Pavehawks in the place of Army Blackhawks, etc.)

Well this EECP just keeps getting better.Flashpoint has never been so good.My wife hasn't seen me for ages but she knows i'm around because of all those kick ass sounds.. tounge_o.gif .Thanks Kurayami for this superb config,and thanks to all those great addon makers...This will keep me going for a loooooong time. biggrin_o.gif

Well, I'll do that as soon as somebody sends me voice clips of them saying those things in good impressions of the OFP voices, including the Russian ones. tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Also, I don't know if it's possible but IT'd be cool to make a soldier that went dry to get a weapon on his own, rather order him to.

It should be possible, but I can't think of a way to do it simply offhand, so it would require a lot of work to even develop basic versions of the scripts. I think that it would be more problematic than helpful, though. When a guy runs dry, he'd automatically run towards the nearest corpse with the type of ammo that he needs, regardless of whether or not it's directly in the line of fire or not. It would be a great way to lose track of your people.

Newbie here! smile_o.gif

The readme says:

Quote[/b] ]If this is your first time installing EECP, go to (Your OFP directory)\@ECP\bin. Back up config.bin by renaming it to config.bin.1 so that you will be able to revert back to it if you ever wish to play on a normal ECP server

I am confused. I've installed EECP in one mod folder and ECP in another.

Do I now have to copy EECP's config.bin file from the EECP mod folder to the ECP mod folder? Is that correct? rock.gif

Well, I'll do that as soon as somebody sends me voice clips of them saying those things in good impressions of the OFP voices, including the Russian ones. tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Also, I don't know if it's possible but IT'd be cool to make a soldier that went dry to get a weapon on his own, rather order him to.

It should be possible, but I can't think of a way to do it simply offhand, so it would require a lot of work to even develop basic versions of the scripts. I think that it would be more problematic than helpful, though. When a guy runs dry, he'd automatically run towards the nearest corpse with the type of ammo that he needs, regardless of whether or not it's directly in the line of fire or not. It would be a great way to lose track of your people.

Then I think I have to watch BHD again, huh?

Newbie here! smile_o.gif

The readme says:

Quote[/b] ]If this is your first time installing EECP, go to (Your OFP directory)\@ECP\bin. Back up config.bin by renaming it to config.bin.1 so that you will be able to revert back to it if you ever wish to play on a normal ECP server

I am confused. I've installed EECP in one mod folder and ECP in another.

Do I now have to copy EECP's config.bin file from the EECP mod folder to the ECP mod folder? Is that correct? rock.gif

If you want to make a specific mod folder for EECP, copy your ECP folder and rename it @EECP (or whatever,) and do all of the updating to the files within that.

The reason that I suggest backing up the original ECP config if installing to the ECP directory is so that you can revert to it to play on regular ECP servers without getting modified config errors.

If you have ECP and EECP seperated, then you don't have to worry about copying anything between the two.

If you have ECP and EECP seperated, then you don't have to worry about copying anything between the two.

I've got them installed separately. Do I still have to rename the ECP folder's config.bin file so that it doesn't clash with EECP's config.bin? rock.gif

Hey AvonLady! I noticed you are now updating your OFP site again. Is this a sign of more good things to come?

I've got them installed separately. Do I still have to rename the ECP folder's config.bin file so that it doesn't clash with EECP's config.bin? rock.gif

As long as you aren't trying to run both at once, no. tounge_o.gif

If you've copied your ECP directory and renamed it to something else for EECP, that is the only directory that you should ever need to worry about unless you want to play normal ECP.

As long as you aren't trying to run both at once, no. tounge_o.gif

I am lost. sad_o.gif

I have to specify -mod=EECP;ECP

Don't I? ECP is required for EECP. So they have to work together.

Quote[/b] ]If you've copied your ECP directory and renamed it to something else for EECP, that is the only directory that you should ever need to worry about unless you want to play normal ECP.

Again I am confused. The Readme says both ECP and EECP must be installed - the EECP Core and the ECP Core.

So don't I need both directories listed on the -mod switch? rock.gif

You don't have to have both ECP and EECP in the -mod line. The reason you need ECP is that EECP only provides some updated files ( I think). So you copy your ECP directory, rename it to EECP, replace the files in the EECP folder with the updated files, and then use -mod=EECP.

I hope I've understood it correct, it worked for me at least smile_o.gif

You don't have to have both ECP and EECP in the -mod line. The reason you need ECP is that EECP only provides some updated files ( I think). So you copy your ECP directory, rename it to EECP, replace the files in the EECP folder with the updated files, and then use -mod=EECP.

I hope I've understood it correct, it worked for me at least smile_o.gif

Someone just helped me by email. smile_o.gif

To sum up, when starting from scratch and when you will not need the ECP mod in the future:

1. Install ECP core.

2. Install DR component for ECP into the ECP folders.

3. Install EECP core into the ECP folder.

I am lost. sad_o.gif

I have to specify -mod=EECP;ECP

Don't I? ECP is required for EECP. So they have to work together.

Quote[/b] ]If you've copied your ECP directory and renamed it to something else for EECP, that is the only directory that you should ever need to worry about unless you want to play normal ECP.

Again I am confused. The Readme says both ECP and EECP must be installed - the EECP Core and the ECP Core.

So don't I need both directories listed on the -mod switch? rock.gif

If you want to install EECP to its own mod folder:

1: Install ECP.

2: Copy the @ECP directory. Rename it @EECP.

3: Follow the EECP install instructions, but install everything into the new @EECP directory - completely ignore the old @ECP directory

4: Run OFP with a -mod=@EECP switch instead of -mod=@ECP

You need ECP installed for scripts and sound effects and nothing more. That's why you should copy the contents of the @ECP directory and rename it @EECP -- so you'll have them in the correct mod folder.

Hope that cleared things up.

Wow, that wasn't diffficult, I didn't even look at the Readme....

Installed everything to a folder named @EECP. That gave me an error that said script \@ECP\ecp_settings.sqs missing.

If I rename the folder from @EECP to @ECP, the problem is resolved.

Is the folder naming convention an ECP or an EECP requirement?

Great! As expected biggrin_o.gif

Will you release a config.ccp version of this too, like you did before?