Sign in to follow this  
Taconic

EECP - Enhanced ECP

Anyone else get the frequent crash to desktop when playing the resistance campaign with EECP installed? In missions where my squad is in tanks, it almost always happens. Crashes to desktop and then says "Error Loading Texture"

I belive i have the recommended versions of all the addons required by EECP

Thanks

Anyone else get the frequent crash to desktop when playing the resistance campaign with EECP installed? In missions where my squad is in tanks, it almost always happens. Crashes to desktop and then says "Error Loading Texture"

Thanks

Is there some T55 somewhere in the missions you said are crashing ?

If it is the case it can be because the following addons

* RHS T-55 Pack 1.0

* RHS Crew Pack 0.5

have been updated by RHS , and maybe you have downloaded the updated ones

And from what i heard , RHS changed some paths and names in the addons, leading to problems if you play E:ECP with the newer RHS tank pack.

The only solutions are

-waiting for the upcoming new E:ECP version that Kuruyami is working on

-download the old version of the T55 pack

-Update yourself the E:ECP config , but if you have never tried you should just wait for the new E:ECP version, it is really around the corner or hope someone will have the time to explain you in detail.

Of course, if your problem has nothing to do with the T55 , i am clueless sorry.

Thanks for the answer. Yeah, there are T-55s in the missions with that texture crash. But, I downloaded the original versions of the RHS stuff, so its not that.

I just happens when my guys are in armor, in general.

Hopefully the new version coming out will fix it. Thanks alot for the help!

Thanks

This means that something isn't installed correctly.

If it happens only when in tanks, you should take a look at the various tank addons required to make sure they're all present. You can use the editor to find out exactly what the problem is.

Beyond that.

Issue: Crashes to desktop

First off, allow me say that there are no errors in the config itself that should cause this--I would never release it if there were. There are several things that can cause this, so there are several solutions.

Solution 1: Check to ensure that you do not have an addon loaded twice -- especially two different versions of an addon (Ex: BAS Delta/Ranger 1.55 in @ECP\Addons and 1.0 in Res\Addons)

Solution 2: An addon is corrupt. You'll need to experiment to find the culprit.

Solution 3: You're using the incorrect version of an addon. Example: Somebody had a problem with crashes when they were using a different version of Marfy's M925 truck than I used in the creation of the config. His PBO had a different name than the one that the config was pointing at for the model, so this caused problems.

Solution 4: Replace the ECP settings scripts in the root ECP directory (\@ECP\) with the original unmodified files. You can do this simply by reinstalling ECP, but if you do that, you will also need to reinstall EECP. Dreamline has reported that fractional values in these files as selected through the ECP options menu in-game can occasionally lead to problems.

Reinstalled everything again, verifiying that all the version #'s of the required mods are correct. I installed all the mods to the ECP/addons directory.

Still does it. And, it only does it when ME/MY troops are in tanks. It plays fine when there are just other tanks around, friendly or enemy.

Hopefully a newer version of ECP and EECP will help with that. When are they coming out anyway?

PS:

1 slight discrepancy:

The installation instructions on page one of this thread say:

"5. Place EECP_RSC.pbo into (Your OFP directory)\@ECP\AddOns.

6. Place DTAEXT.pbo into (Your OFP directory)\@ECP\dta.

7. Play the game using your ECP OFP shortcut."

They do not mention the newer ECP_EFFECTS.pro included with the eecp 4.2.rar file. Does this file still need to be placed in the ECP/addons directory?

Awesome game and an awesome mod, nonetheless.

Reinstalled everything again, verifiying that all the version #'s of the required mods are correct. I installed all the mods to the ECP/addons directory.

Still does it. And, it only does it when ME/MY troops are in tanks. It plays fine when there are just other tanks around, friendly or enemy.

Hopefully a newer version of ECP and EECP will help with that.

If you're getting a missing texture error, a new version isn't going to fix anything. The only textures included within EECP itself are numbers for the CSLA units. Something is amiss somewhere else, and I can't really tell you what it could be.

Load up various tanks in the editor. When you find the one that is causing the error, perhaps I can offer more suggestions or at least another mirror for you to try.

Quote[/b] ]When are they coming out anyway?
I can't speak for ECP, but I'm probably sending out the 0.4.3 EECP beta today, so figure on about a week until it is publically released.
Quote[/b] ]1 slight discrepancy:

The installation instructions on page one of this thread say:

"5. Place EECP_RSC.pbo into (Your OFP directory)\@ECP\AddOns.

6. Place DTAEXT.pbo into (Your OFP directory)\@ECP\dta.

7. Play the game using your ECP OFP shortcut."

They do not mention the newer ECP_EFFECTS.pro included with the eecp 4.2.rar file. Does this file still need to be placed in the ECP/addons directory?

The readme has the proper instructions. I guess that I forgot to update that part of the post at the last release. I'll fix it for the coming release.
Quote[/b] ]Copy the new ECP_Effects.pbo into (Your OFP directory)\@ECP\AddOns. You may overwrite the original.

I can't speak for ECP, but I'm probably sending out the 0.4.3 EECP beta today, so figure on about a week until it is publically released.

Always did enjoy early X-mas presents.

Will the beta be on the web somewhere to DL? Or is it just for playtesters? Id like to give it a crack to see if it fixes my wierd Error Loading Texture problem.

I'll try to play with the editor and see if I can tell what does it.

-Tom

Will the beta be on the web somewhere to DL? Or is it just for playtesters? Id like to give it a crack to see if it fixes my wierd Error Loading Texture problem.

I'll try to play with the editor and see if I can tell what does it.

-Tom

Currently I have enough testers (don't want too many because it can get confusing on a small project,) but I'll keep you in mind if I ever need another.

Did you ever find out what was causing the missing texture error?

About the error, I havent fixed it yet.  However, it is less frequent.  It used to happen immediately after everyone had borded a tank.  Now, after the reinstall, its fairly infrequent.  I also left the ECP settings a their default setting.  Before, I had the ECP effect distance much higher.

Still waiting to try new version of ECP and EECP though.

Kuri,

Have you or the ECP team found a way to change tracers in OFP?

Not just yet. I do have plans for that area, though (I guess this is becoming my motto.)

I also guess that I should have stuck by my vow to never give a release date. I said to expect it in a week about a week ago. Everything on my side is pretty much wrapped up, but I'm waiting for the final translated readmes for a release.

Kuri,

I wonder if there is a way to make them ricochette? Proabally require changing the engine.

Kuri,

I wonder if there is a way to make them ricochette?  Proabally require changing the engine.

Ricochettes that s the same question that bothers me. Doeas anyone know if it is possible to make ricochettes tracers?

It should certainly be possible to create an effect that simulates that, but I think that it would be extremely difficult to implement in a way that looked halfway decent or realistic.

Release update: It turns out that the guy that was supposed t handle the German readme translation got sick and decided not to do it... and I only found out about it this morning.

I'm going to try to hand it off to somebody else, and if they can get it done within a day or two, I'll postpone the release until then. If they can't get it done quickly, I'll move ahead and just incorporate it into the next version.

Kurayami how long is the readme? You could try posting a request for help in Ofp.info's German forum? smile_o.gif

Release update: It turns out that the guy that was supposed t handle the German readme translation got sick and decided not to do it... and I only found out about it this morning.

So much for German efficiency......Vorch sprung durk technique my arse tounge_o.gif .

Kurayami how long is the readme? You could try posting a request for help in Ofp.info's German forum? smile_o.gif

It's not too terribly long. I'll try that if none of the other guys that helped me with the German translation of the string table manage to pull through. I'd rather not be viewed as a spammer. which would be hard to manage without being able to read the various forums. tounge_o.gif

Say Placebo sent you, they never get mad at me wink_o.gif

I can help you to do a translation to german smile_o.gif

Well, this is timely. My second German translator just told me this morning that he wouldn't be able to have anything done until after the 3rd... Thanks for your offer. I've sent you a PM.

Any chance of releasing it w/o German readmes?

I'd really rather not do that if I can avoid it. I spent the time translating the string table to German and French for this release, so it'd only make sense to get the readmes translated as well. The French translation is done and in my hands (courtesy of kikill.) Swedish is being worked on, but most likely won't be done before the German translation.

Hopefully it'll only be a few more days. I probably should have given the translators more notice than ~2 weeks.