Sign in to follow this  
Rudedog

Combat! discussion thread

*cough*Stryker*cough*

I wanna stryker too tounge_o.gif

Um a while ago TS asked if anyone was making a Stryker and i don't think anyone put up their hands, so hopefully TS is getting BAS to making one

Quote[/b] ]Look at the T55 Pack. ~1Year of waiting and now you can "only use them to make nice screenshots"

That's not true at all mad_o.gif . They're very nice in SP missions, and they make great targets for Sigma's M1A2 biggrin_o.gif .

Hey guys,

My brother, Pablo, wanted me to post some pics of the M113 variants he has in the works.  The pics are of the M577A3 Command Post, M901 Improved Tow Vehicle (ITV) and the M113A3 Ambulance (Yes, the ambulace is armed with a M2 in real life!)

M577a3N.sized.jpg

Hi-Res Pic

M901ITV4.sized.jpg

Hi-Res Pic

M113A3Amb2_002.sized.jpg

Hi-Res Pic

M113A3AMB1_003.sized.jpg

Hi-Res Pic

... M113A3 Ambulance (Yes, the ambulace is armed with a M2 in real life!)

Is that not against the Geneva Convention?

As if anybody would care these days...

As if anybody would care these days...

Maybe I am just upset that I was not allowed a GPMG on my Samaritan.

sad_o.gif

Looking very nice guys.

I've seen the M113 ambulances with M2 mounts, but I don't recall seeing them with an actual gun ever mounted. Then again, I've never met a medic who ever knew how to operate a .50 cal anyway. crazy_o.gif

Still, those screenshots look unbelieveable. I'm astounded by the level of detail you and your brother have accomplished. I can't wait to play with them.

Are you, by any chance, going to include new sounds with your vehicles? The diesel engines in-game sound so whimpy... I think the only vehicle I've heard with good, realistic sound is Sigma's M-1s (which sound like M-1s) and Marfy's M-1s (which sound like diesel-powered tracked vehicles).

Looking nice rudedog and Rudedogs brudda Pablo. One thing. The thing with the M2 on the Ambulance. If you played FDF mod. Look at the way the camera is with the gun in the Patria. That would make the Ambo a nice ass veichle.

Sorry but I was a medic in the British army (2RTR). And its totally against the GC to mount weapons on an ambulance.

Not sure about Americans though.

Sorry but I was a medic in the British army (2RTR). And its totally against the GC to mount weapons on an ambulance.

Well if you do that wouldent it be legal to shoot at you??

STGN

Well if you do that wouldent it be legal to shoot at you??

STGN

Thats not the point. If your country is signed up with the GC you have to follow the rules. It does not matter if another country has no regard for the GC and shoots at you. Thats why you have armour. Its a shit situation but thats the deal. Mounting a .50 is OTT and IMHO breaks the GC.

Its the same as treating and enemy first with a greater wound than your mate has.

Such is the life and duty of a medic.

In this day and age, where most of the enemies do not follow the rules of engagement set forth by the GC and make civilians and medical personnel targets of opportunity, they are now allowed weapons for defensive purposes only.

If you recall, up to WW2 and maybe even the Korean War, Combat Medics were not allowed to carry weapons, but they all do now.

Don't worry, I will be attempting to script it so it cannot be used as an offensive weapon, say for example, no ammo until fired upon.

In this day and age, where most of the enemies do not follow the rules of engagement set forth by the GC and make civilians and medical personnel targets of opportunity, they are now allowed weapons for defensive purposes only.  

If you recall, up to WW2 and maybe even the Korean War, Combat Medics were not allowed to carry weapons, but they all do now.  

Don't worry, I will be attempting to script it so it cannot be used as an offensive weapon, say for example, no ammo until fired upon.

I totally understand. It’s like someone waving a white fag, waiting until you advance then opening up on you. Waste them all I say.

It quite a grey area these days.

Good luck with that script, as it’s a good idea. IRL I would at least put a cover on it so it does not look aggressive until I needed it if at all.

Still think a .50 is OTT even for personal protection. But if its American SOP then so be it.

Just a some pics of armed ambulances

ausamb1.jpg

Australian M113 Ambulance serving in East Timor (November 1999).

kiwiamb8.jpg

New Zealand

what i´ve heard medics and medicla transportation vehicles are allowed to carry weapons for self defence...

but i think an 50 cal MG is abit of an overkill, a GPMG (like M240) is more apropriate for that task imho

Are you, by any chance, going to include new sounds with your vehicles? The diesel engines in-game sound so whimpy... I think the only vehicle I've heard with good, realistic sound is Sigma's M-1s (which sound like M-1s) and Marfy's M-1s (which sound like diesel-powered tracked vehicles).

Yes, they will have new engine sounds.

Quote[/b] ]but i think an 50 cal MG is abit of an overkill, a GPMG (like M240) is more apropriate for that task imho

OK, you can have the M240, I'll take the M2 biggrin_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]I will be attempting to script it so it cannot be used as an offensive weapon, say for example, no ammo until fired upon.

You could do that with the "hit" eventhandler. When the APC is hit, give it a box of ammo and make it target the shooter.

You could do that with the "hit" eventhandler. When the APC is hit, give it a box of ammo and make it target the shooter.

This doesn't work for tanks and small arms fire. The hit-EvnHandler is triggered only by "severe" dammage.

Hey guys, sorry if I upset anyone with the M2 on the M113A3 ambulance. This is my base vehicle for the M113 and I didnt think to remove it. Looks pretty tuff though for a medical vehicle. As Rudedog said we will make it optional, for all you that dont follow the GC.Thanks for the positive feedback though.

Pablo