Sign in to follow this  
Sid

Error installing

Hello,

For the past 3 days, I have been trying to get Operation Flashpoint to work properly.

First of all, I have read through the Troubleshooting FAQ, Avon Lady's FAQ (Avon, you ROCK!), and I have browsed through the Troubleshooting forum section.

When I came across Avon Lady's awesome site, I tried every step she had.

First, I ran a Scandisk. - Nothing.

Then, I deleted everything inside my Windows/TEMP folder.

After that, I cleaned up a lot of junk and useless software on my Computer, and I also deleted all OFP-related contents.

AFTER that, I did a Disk defrag.

The Original Operation Flashpoint (European Edition) installs perfectly. (I tried installing it to both the default directory, and a new one).

Now, here's when odd things occur.

Sometimes (Yes, sometimes), when installing the Red Hammer Gold upgrade, I get a RANGE of different errors that happen to me.

This includes "File Copy Error (CRC does not match) Data.pbo.

And "Data.pbo" isn't the only file that gets an error. Sometimes it's "O.pbo" and others, too. But I atleast get one error when installing the upgrade. (If any - sometimes it installs).

When I do get it to install properly (Once), I go an install the Expansion pack, "Resistance".

I get errors (CRC) during it's installation, too.

But there was a time when both installed correctly. (The first time), and when I tried to Upgrade from 1.75 to 1.91, it had CRC errors, as well.

So I BEG to you, PLEASE help me find the solution to my desperate problem - for I want to play OFP once again!

Thanks for your time,

-Sid

So I BEG to you, PLEASE help me find the solution to my desperate problem

Your complete system specs would help smile_o.gif

So I BEG to you, PLEASE help me find the solution to my desperate problem

Your complete system specs would help smile_o.gif

Yes - I knew I forgot something.

2.8GHZ Intel Pentium 4, with Hyperthreading

1024mb of DDR Ram

Radeon 9800 128mb (Overclocked, slightly)

Windows XP (Fully Updated)

Soundblaster Audigy 2

Hmm.. I tried that Memory test thing, and theres nothing wrong.

Ugh! Whats happening to my computer?! sad_o.gif

What motherboard? What chipset is it based on? You said you've read Avon's FAQ so I take it you've checked your ASPI layer and installed the latest version if necessary?

Hmm.. I tried that Memory test thing, and theres nothing wrong.

You have to leave it running for some time (over night is best), so it runs trough some iterations. I also had memory problems (memory was ok, just the board didn't like the ram clock speed the bios selected on safe settings) and it never showed on the first run.

Some more hints: check that your FSB & ram clock are identical (that was my problem), also check wether switching between ACPI 1.1 and 1.4 may help you.

Also if you have two sticks of 512 try switching them around. smile_o.gif

What motherboard? What chipset is it based on? You said you've read Avon's FAQ so I take it you've checked your ASPI layer and installed the latest version if necessary?

I have an ASUS P4C800-E Delux (AI Series) - and I'm pretty sure it's fully updated... I remember having a hassle trying to update my BIOS, - but in the end (If I remember correctly), I got it sorted out.

And yes, I do have two sticks of Ram. How might I acsess it's clock speed settings?

Oh, and I'll let that Memtest run a bit longer this time, heh.

Thanks for your time,

-Sid

What version is your ASPI layer?

Also I remember reading about how the PCI latency setting in your bios can affect file copying errors on large files, lowering that if I remember correctly may help.

Basically some chipsets are poo at copying large files, VIA is a great example.

Alright - I think I may have.. done something.

I'm not exactly sure how to work all these utillities properly (MemTest, ForceASPI, etc.) but, I clicked somewhere within my ForceASPI folder (I think it was INSTALASPI.bat) - and low and behold, it installed version 4.10 (I think).

Now, I'm going to try and install Operation Flashpoint.

(If it makes any difference, here's the order I install it: OFP, RedHammer, Resistance, Update 1.91, Beta Update 1.96).

So far, I haven't got past Update 1.91. (And yes, I choose the 1.91 link under "Resistance").

Thanks for your time,

-Sid

NOOO!

ARG. I really thought I had it this time.

Call me crazy, but this is what I did:

I loaded up OFP CDROM, then restarted.

One my Computer booted up, I disabled the Internet, and killed all my Virus Scanners and my Firewall. I then proceeded to install OFP to the default Directory, and it installed perfectly.

After that, I loaded up my RedHammer CD, then rebooted. (I did the same steps as above). RedHammer installed perfectly.

Then, I put in the Resistance CD and rebooted. (I did the same steps as above, aswell). The download got 100% finished, but I got a CRC Error on Data.pbo. (It was the very last block, too!!)

I checked to make sure that Resistance was installing to the right place, too.

DRAT!

-Sid sad_o.gif

Have you tried copying the Resistance CD to your hard drive and installing it from there?

No, I haven't. I didn't even think of it! Thanks, Placebo, I'll go try it out and see if it works. biggrin_o.gif

No guarantee it will work because you're still trying to copy large files which is what your system is unhappy with, although copying those files within explorer may be easier for your computer to manage than the finicky Opf installer which is continually looking for CRC errors to ensure stability.

I know there have been people in the past posting that doing it this way did solve the problem for them smile_o.gif

Sorry for the lack of Reply; a lot of stuff has been going on over here...

Anyways, I tried installing Resistance the way you advised me, and it worked!

But when I tried to install the patch (1.75 - 1.91) I got a CRC error.

So I deleted all of Operation Flashpoint and decided to try again.

But this time, Resistance didn't install at all.

I got the error: "Res\ADDONS\noe.pbo (00000000!=00000001)"

And when I tried installing the patch, I got the following error: "Error found in Res\Campaigns\resistance.pbo (1996a085!=bedcf8e6)"

Thanks for your support,

-Sid

I had exactly the same problem a year ago, the only thing that worked was to use a different copy of resistance. (both were genuine) before any one moans. ghostface.gif

I can't install GOTY because of a scratch on second cd and it gives me similiar errors (usually data.pbo or something)

Your CD's are in GREAT shape? I say great as my scratch isn't very large.

edit: your problem with reinstalling...may have to remove registry entries for Operation Flashpoint and then reinstall

And like Placebo says...if your ASPI layer isn't correct it may not read CD's well.As a rule if you are abble to BURN a cd with the drive,should be ok.

Other solutions I have given in the past is to try a different cd drive (some are finnicky)

I have a cd burner in my sons computer that reads anything,I may connect to my computer and try

Hey! Good idea - I'll try the other CD drive!

I'll also check my Registry and I'll see about my ASPI again.

Oh, and my CD is in mint condition.

Thanks,

-Sid

No.. no luck.

I got as far as installing the Gold Upgrade when I encountered "VoiceRH.pbo"

I deleted everything involving Operation Flashpoint in my Registy prior to reinstalling it.

However, ASUS, my Motherboard manufacterer; it's update program keeps freezing, saying that it's missing files int he registry or something along those lines. (But it's not - I haven't touched the ASUS thing in my registry).

Anybody having problems with Operation Flashpoint and have the same motherboard as me?

(ASUS P4C800-E Delux (AI Series)

Well, thanks for the help anyways, guys... I guess OFP just hates me.

But it worked on my old computer; why not my new one? I just wish I could play it again... I'll keep trying - maybe I'll get lucky one of these days and it'll install... Heh.

Thanks for your time,

-Sid

Put the hard drive from your new computer into your old computer and install Opf?

YES! WHOO! YEEHAW!

Alright.. lemme calm down... whew...

Okay, first things first:

I managed to get an update for my BIOS, then, I went into my BIOS settings and tampered with some of the ASPI layer options (Some were shut off).

I also got some drivers for other Misc. parts of my computer.

I haven't installed OFP yet, but I'm going to try... wish me luck.

-Sid biggrin_o.gif

What a slap in the face. sad_o.gif

ERROR.JPG