Sign in to follow this  
B-2-0

Ofp combat photography screensaver

Hi all.

As the quality of OFP photography work is so outstanding and i dare say the combat photography thread is most peeps fave thread on the forum, i would like to put together a collection of the best screens that have been displayed in the current, and the previous, photography thread and then create a screensaver for people to download.  I may also just put together a collection of screens for those that don't wish to have them in SS form.

I have already scoured the threads and have quite a few great shots but there is still room for more biggrin_o.gif

Credits will be given for each and every 'photographer' whos work i include.

If you have posted in these threads and don't wish your shots to be used then please let me know.

I would also like some screens from addon makers (yet to be released addons prefered biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif ), OFP websites and even game-server communities with their logos and addresses etc.

Unfortunately i can only fit so many shots in so only the best of the best will be selected. wink_o.gif

Shots must be in JPG, GIF or BMP format.

Please remove all crosshairs and game HUD stuff that makes the shots look ugly smile_o.gif

You can signature your screenies if you wish but keep it small and use a nice font so as not to spoil the shot smile_o.gif

All shots must be 1024x768 or smaller (but not too small).

There is no byte size limit for the shots but please keep them as small as possible to keep the overall size of the collection down.  Any shots bigger than 100kb should not be posted on the thread and will have to be ZIP'd and mailed to me at

B-2-0@OFP-ZEUS.COM with the title of the mail being 'OFP Combat Photography' so they don't get binned by mistake.

Regards,

B-2-0 [Zeus]

No replies as yet so i guess nobody minds me using their shots so far biggrin_o.gif

Hmm, maybe i should have put something in the post that people can respond to crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Would people be actually interested in downloading this screensaver should i create it?

I'll Download it

I did send you some Shots

My Ingame Name Is Snake Eyes/Or Before it was SGT.Snake Eyes smile_o.gif

I'll download it smile_o.gif

Reminds me that an ofp screensaver for my iBook would be pretty good, I'm tired of the LOTR I have now...

I'll downlaod it, how many pictures are you looking to include?

I'll Download it

I did send you some Shots

My Ingame Name Is Snake Eyes/Or Before it was SGT.Snake Eyes smile_o.gif

I aint recieved any shots yet. Did you title the mail 'OFP Combat Photography'? If not i may have thrown it out with the spam, sorry crazy_o.gif

Send them again if possible and thanx for the input smile_o.gif

I'll downlaod it, how many pictures are you looking to include?

Well i want to include quite a few as there are so many quality shots out there and i want to show OFP from as many of it's 'angles' as possible but it depends on how large the overall size is.

If i have 50 images at say 150KB each then that is going to be ~7.5mb. I could also put some OFP music in there too but that would increase the filesize further.

More images makes for a better SS but people may not want to download such a large file.

I'll leave it up to you guys to post suggestions and preferences.

Hi Again B-2-0

I Sent You The Screenshots again

Tell Me if you Get Them This Time,also if they're any good..

Being a lazy ass i cant be bothered to email/upload all of my good ones but you can use my shots ive posted in the OFP CP thread plus in the natural OFP:CP Awards too wink_o.gif

I might mail you later once my d/lding addons frenzy stops crazy_o.gif

Although not up to Acecombat & thirtyg standards, I thought this unedited pic of mine looked good.

Pavehawk

Hope it's worthy tounge_o.gif

Hi Again B-2-0

I Sent You The Screenshots again

Tell Me if you Get Them This Time,also if they're any good..

Yeah i got the shots and they are nice wink_o.gif

Feel free to send some more, i want some real nice action shots as well as some scenery shots. Like i said, i want to show OFP from all it's many angles. Tanks, choppers, planes, cars, soldiers, scenery, civilian stuff, modern, WWII the whole shabang!!

Do you want me to credit you as Lt. Schaffer or as Snake Eyes?

Remember, i can only use so many and as we have seen, the standard will be high.

@Acecombat, well you don't need to send me all your shots. Just send me ~20 of your faves.

I still need suggestions on how big the overall collection should be and whether i should add OFP music as you guys will the ones downloading it wink_o.gif

Ok will do b-2-0.

As for music which tracks will you use?

We've listened Seventh too much and i dont wanna re d/ld something i already have...

I still need suggestions on how big the overall collection should be and whether i should add OFP music as you guys will the ones downloading it wink_o.gif

I'd say 5-8mb. I'd be happy with that type of download. As for music it doesn't really interest me as i always turn off any sound option on my screensavers.

Well B-2-0

You Can Credit Snake Eyes biggrin_o.gif

Since Ingame I Took Those Shots As Snake Eyes smile_o.gif

i'll Try And Send Some More Shots Soon...

Although not up to Acecombat & thirtyg standards, I thought this unedited pic of mine looked good.

Pavehawk

Hope it's worthy  tounge_o.gif

Well nice shot but it still has the commander crosshair in it....not nice crazy_o.gif

I would suggest using this sweet little addon.

Its a cameraman and i find it the mutt's nuts for taking screenies wink_o.gif

As for music which tracks will you use?

We've listened Seventh too much and i dont wanna re d/ld something i already have...

Yeah, i was thinking the same. Music in screen savers is kinda cheesy imo so i think i will pass on that idea. No music means more room for shots anyways biggrin_o.gif

5-8mb u say....hmm....well you guys will have to try and keep the filesizes down as much as possible then....u know how hard it is gonna be for me to decide the final selection!?!? crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

i would like to download that, but im not sure if screen savers work for win 2000? i tried my red alert 1 screensaver pack but it refused to work but maybe it was to old crazy_o.gif to work on win2k.

i would like to send in some pics too, but have no time atm..maybe tomorow.

this screensaver is a really nice idea, thumbs up B-2-0 smile_o.gif

airfield.jpg

cobra1.jpg

green1.jpg

green2.jpg

green3.jpg

green4.jpg

This screen capturer makes my graphics look grody!  crazy_o.gif  

tounge_o.gif

BAHAHHAA, I put it in the wrong post!! DAMN you quick linking!

If possible, you should set up the screen saver to be able to add music to. For us, we would goto the screensaver preferences and tell it a music file to play, and be default have it be blank. I hope there's some way to do that... having some classic OFP music would be sweet smile_o.gif

I suppose i could make a version with music and a version without. smile_o.gif

b2, do you need me to select some of my picts or can you leach them yourself from our server??

I would like a 1024x768 version of that awesome burned style, collage type thing you did a while back if poss Sven m8....that was tight.

If you have the time inbetween playing OFP and playing OFP, can you make a kick-ass Zeus pic too? biggrin_o.gif