Sign in to follow this  
Colossus

In res addons or addons?

I always wonder if its having any effect if I put my addons in the ¨Addons¨ instead of ¨RES/AddOns¨?

Those it matter when I got GOTY?

EDIT: Move it to ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSION.

Put them in a seperate mod folder. DON'T put them in the res/addons folder nor in the regular addons folder (except a few bugged addons that only work from these folders). For instructions on how to use mod folders check the OFP FAQ (search for 'mod folders').

Joltan, i wouldn't strictly recommend to only use modfolders,

as in case of servers which do not allow mod-folders it can

be of a problem then.

However, in general Joltan is right with pointing to modfolders.

~S~ CD

ok, but what if I want all of them in one version/mod.

Should I then put them in addons or a new folder (mod folder)?

I cannot use mod folders because addons placed in mod folders do not show up in the mission editor. So unless you never use the mission editor, I would advise against mod folders.

Quote[/b] ]I cannot use mod folders because addons placed in mod folders do not show up in the mission editor.

rock.gif They show up fine for me.

Quote[/b] ]I cannot use mod folders because addons placed in mod folders do not show up in the mission editor.

rock.gif They show up fine for me.

Same here rock.gif Use OFPAM by any chance? wink_o.gif

I cannot use mod folders because addons placed in mod folders do not show up in the mission editor. So unless you never use the mission editor, I would advise against mod folders.

Wha ? this is something new ... rock.gif

They show up fine for me too. Do you make a secondary AddOns folder inside your mod folder and then put the addons inside it Milkman?

That dosent answer my question.

Eh..just carry on

After searching a bit, I have found this in Avon Lady web

Quote[/b] ]There is one consistent case I know of where mod subdirectories don't work. If you have island addons, the cutscene animation that runs after playing a mission on an island won't run if the island's anim folder is kept in a mod subdirectory. To resolve this problem, place the addon's "anim" folder structure into OFP's \AddOns\ or \RES\AddOns subdirectory.

Maybe can help you.

I have all my addons in mod directories and works perfect except the issue mentioned above with island anim folders