Sign in to follow this  
hammy

Stupid modified data message

Almost everytime I join a multiplayer game, it says I have a modified file, then they kick me out because they think im cheating. I really didn't mind very munch, but when i joined this server, i got really upset here

why is the message there anyways? imo it should be removed in a patch.

gay as in stupid

Well if it's gay than you might have to deal with it. smile_o.gif

:P i ment gay as in stupid

I don't know, but, you just have a modified file like it says, perhaps the server uses addons to that file, or you have some sort of sound mod installed.

no, i dont have a sound mod installed

What langage version of OFP do you have ?

as far as i know (correct me if i am wrong) , the Czech version is a bit different from the Euro version i have (that have english/french/italian/spanish/german/ sounds) and i do not know about the Us version if it is the same kind of case , as Czech is not included in my Euro version , and because of that , i think that the Euro sound.pbo should not have the same exact size as the Czech one .

So there is the possibility that you have a version of the sounds that can be different from the one of the server making the check .

This , if you are not using any modified sound as battlesounds/dynamic soundrange etc... etc ...

If i am wrong on the Euro/Czech thing , and that you have no sound mods , that is very strange.

i bought my game in america

Although it's not a huge deal, please don't use the word "gay" as an insult or subsititute for the word stupid on these forums - it can cause offense.

sorry, wont do it again.

when im mad i have a tendinsy(sp?) to say things are gay instead are stupid wink_o.gif

As the "stupid" message "XXX is cheating with modified data" in not included in the original OFP distribution, and the other "smart" message "XXX Scanned and accepted" is not there as well, I guess the server in question is using some mod which modified some of the data files. The messages used in default OPF installation are "XXX uses modified data file" and "Player XXX Connected". Moreover, the message about the - RES file means the server is using different mod path than RES.

If you want to get rid of this message, consult server admin to learn what mod you should be using when connecting to the server.

I think the servers I've seen that do this basically call you a cheater if you use MOD folders. So the messages says "Player xxx is cheating with mod folder xxx".

Misleading, but as Suma says, put there by the server operator.

I've also seen some that say 'Bad Version, Server Rejected Connection' and that also seems to be some setting that doesnt allow MOD folders? Where you cant even connect if you have MOD folders activated.

ok, thanks for all the replys, it helped alot! smile_o.gif

@ Mar. 09 2004,22:56)]I've also seen some that say 'Bad Version, Server Rejected Connection' and that also seems to be some setting that doesnt allow MOD folders?   Where you cant even connect if you have MOD folders activated.

You can enable a command called "equalmodrequired" (sp?) by setting it to the "1" in the server config. Once activated it will only allow connections of people with the save modfolders activated like the server does.

So for example if the server is a default OFP:Resistance server, it will only allow people to connect that have Res as their modfolder (which everyone automatically has, when starting OFP in version 1.75+).

If the server is a Finmod server, you could thus prevent anybody from connecting, who doesn't have finmod as the server will only allow players to connect with the modfolder structure "Res;Finmod". However this also prevents people from connecting who might have finmod running but use yet another additional modfolders (i.e. "hi-sky", "ecp", etc...).

Almost everytime I join a multiplayer game, it says I have a modified file, then they kick me out because they think im cheating. I really didn't mind very munch, but when i joined this server, i got really upset here

why is the message there anyways? imo it should be removed in a patch.

gay as in stupid

Did you try and connect onto the Roughnecks server?

If so let me know, that's my clanserver