Sign in to follow this  
Hans_Lenzer

Red hammer - return chopper help please!

Salute All!

Can I use a joystick to fly a chopper?

I tried and I could not get it to work.

I opened 'Controls' and 'enabled joystick' but it still did not work.

Is there a certain kind of joystick that will work with OPF?

I have a Microsoft Sidewinder joystick. It is the basic model without a 'hat' switch button.

I can use the Keyboard and Num Pad but it is very difficult.

Because of this, I can not finnish the OPF Red Hammer Campaign Mission: Return Chopper.

My main trouble is aiming to fire the rockets and cannons.

Thanks! S!

Do you use the mouse in conjunction with the keys? It makes it a bit easier than using the keys to aim.

[Gareth Gates must die]

I'm using wingman. it works with it.

Same here.

Wingman rumblepad.

I had problems with the microsoft sidewinder too. It is a problem with the joystick not the game. I ended up buying a Logitech Wingman (with throttle and twist handle rudder) on clearence at Best Buy for $5.00. It was originally a $40 stick. You can probably get one on E-bay for dirt cheap. On another note the Wingman does have a serious flaw. After a couple of months the potentiometer for the twist handle gets knocked out of place, causing the rudder control to go crazy. But it is possible to take the handle apart and glue the potentiometer against the handle thereby fixing the problem permenantly.

Because of this, I can not finnish the OPF Red Hammer Campaign Mission:  Return Chopper.

My main trouble is aiming to fire the rockets and cannons.

Thanks! S!

just open up the mission editor and practice firing on Armerd targets. how i started doing everthing. wink_o.gif

...I use the sidewinder. I have no isues. it's easyer to aim the ffar rockets from with in the cockpit view.

also press the star key on the num pad (this dissables the mouse). now switch to external view{enter}. you can now fly around and look in all directions with the mouse with out affecting your flight path (use the same technique in tanks(getin as commander first, order your team in, then move to driver seat, switch manual fire, and away to go)).

Just dont ask about flying planes, cant do it at all mate.

Quote[/b] ]I have a Microsoft Sidewinder joystick. It is the basic model without a 'hat' switch button.

I see, you have a different stick. Mine has a rudder and hat. But the advise will still work

This thread is over a year old, if he hasn't figured out the chopper problem by now he's probably given up wink_o.gif