Sign in to follow this  
NeMeSiS

Interesting?

ok maybe im gonna make a campaign with a lot of close combat fighting... but i wanna know if people are interested  smile_o.gif

EDIT: mhm i think i didnt explain it good enough, i mean guys slapping eachother in the face tounge_o.gif

man my english sucks tounge_o.gif

That depends, if you mean close quarters combat as in room clearing et cetera I have to vote no (wich I did.. Heh...Why am I always so quick to press the "vote" button?) But if you mean house-house fighting or urban warfare I would have to say heck yes! Fighting rebels in Tonals bigger cities is really fun and exciting som, yes I would love to see a campaign like that smile_o.gif

mhm i think i didnt explain it good enough, i mean guys slapping eachother in the face tounge_o.gif

look at tracy_ts zombies, i modded the script a bit and now i can play g8 italian police with sticks vs zombies  biggrin_o.gif

mhmm, much more people here then on the OFP.info forums smile_o.gif

Boxing or Hand-to-hand fighting would be kewl, but the OFP engine is kinda screwed  regarding this type of fighting.  You literally have to beat some one to DEATH!!!  

H2H fighting would be better if you could subdue them in some way.  Maybe some kind of script that makes your opponent "give up" at .7 or .8 damage.

well, i use trokegun instead of strokefist, MUCH stronger  biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: by the way, if someone gets killed with a script you dont get the kill cuz you didnt kill him, the script did wink_o.gif

Guest major gandhi

I doubt that the AI really is capable of CQB. I really mean house-to-house fighting, clearing rooms, covering eachother and such things. Usally for instance on tonal the Ai uses to spread over the whole town getting massacred easily by the enemy.

If the player is the squadleader, it works better but then he has to give a waipoint for every single soldier to make the squad make move reasonably throught the streets.

I hope this get fixed in Ofp2, because it drives me crazy seeing marines or deltas acting in CQB like crazy chickens.

I doubt that the AI really is capable of CQB. I really mean  house-to-house fighting, clearing rooms, covering eachother and such things. Usally for instance on tonal the Ai uses to spread over the whole town getting massacred easily by the enemy.

If the player is the squadleader, it works better but then he has to give a waipoint for every single soldier to make the squad make move reasonably throught the streets.

I hope this get fixed in Ofp2, because it drives me crazy seeing marines or deltas acting in CQB like crazy chickens.

read the first post, then vote adn answer  wink_o.gif

EDIT:

Quote[/b] ]
*bump*

(is that legal? rock.gifwink_o.gif )

No.

then how are people supposed to know that this topic exists?

rock.gif

These results will certainly be hard to analyze! tounge_o.gif

If the topic was interesting enough to begin with it would generate a sufficient amount of replies that it would not get lost in the shuffle. So really it's just natural selection for threads. tounge_o.gif

mhm

crazy_o.gif

maybe i shouldnt have add that last option wink_o.gif

No, OFP just doesn't work in CQB. The physics bug, moving, and AI all suck terribly at CQB. Lots of street fighting MAYBE, but only if done very skillfully.

well, u cant really call it AI, atm they only thing they do is SLAM HIM NOW!! AARGH *punch, kick slam, slap* tounge_o.gif

but im working on that biggrin_o.gif