Sign in to follow this  

Idea for anti-cheats - post here !

Hi !

I've got 1 idea for fight against cheat, why OFP have not a FileCheck program which is used at each start of the game and which stop the game if a file is modified ?  smile_o.gif

And can the update detect a cheat file and delete him automaticaly during the update with a message like

"It's bad to cheat - You're trainer was destroyed. Have a nice game with players who don't cheat"

It's cruel but  crazy_o.gif

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]delete him automaticaly during the update

That would be hacking - Deleting someones files without his permission.

program should edxplode the monitor, when it detects that some scum used cheat mad_o.gif

Some sort of system check to stop radeon 9800xt users with 3ghz pc's running in windowed 800x600 mode for 100000000FPS biggrin_o.gif

Registration before you can play MP.

Ban you from all MP games when you cheat or have Illigal Copy. (Ban your IP,name or/and id #)

Good idea?

Hey. The sweetest thing about running a 3ghz box is playing it in 800x600 for that silky smooth framerate. If others need pretty textures that bad. It's their own fault. Framerate is my personal OFP crack.  biggrin_o.gif

All I know is if things such as punkbuster, which as far as I know have something constantly running in the background (thus midly reducing server performance and increasing lag for the player) are used. I would feel just as uninclined to play as I do now for the simple reason that I can't deal with lag. I hate it too much.

That's why langaming is the best option for me.

Incidentally cheaters on a lan game are within fisiticuff range so that pretty much eliminates the necessity for any software. tounge_o.gif

please use search functions for pre-existing threads about cheats and counter measures.