Sign in to follow this  
Morph

Favourite music in OFP?

Just out of interest.. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the best piece of music in OFP.

My personal favourite has to be 'Walk'.. Its so much different to the rest... Great piece of music...

Oh, I think they did a bad job with the music. It is too theatralic. I think there is a little programm published where you can integrate any wav into the game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Albert Schweizer on 5:06 pm on Nov. 23, 2001

Oh, I think they did a bad job with the music. It is too theatralic. I think there is a little programm published where you can integrate any wav into the game.

<span id='postcolor'>

What did you expect? Some Duran Duran music? lol

Nah.. it really suits the game.. After all it is a military simulator kind of game...

Yeah, but whenever I was looking for a good music for my Intro I couldnt. There is just not enough choice for the different athmosphere. There should be a real sniper one. There should be a music that changes corresponding to action. Many games have it. Come on, playing war with music is already pretty sick. So a change of music wouldnt be bad.

(e.g. the typival 60ies songs for the Vietnam mod)

what about "beautiful day" by U2

or "make it a better world" by Michael J

"Dont worry be happy"

"Always look at the bright side of live"

Mine is called "Casualties of War" or something very similar along those lines. It's perfect for those moments you realize that shit's gonna hit the fan and you better get the hell outta there.

secret, and lifeless for me.

Secret never fails to get me in the mood for spec ops missions (which i o so love), and lifeless just kicks ass, pure and simple.

Unles the choppers or tanks have speakers mounted on them, ala Apocalypse Now and Kelly's Heroes. tounge.gif

Walk is realy nice, but does not realy suit in a big battle.

Decisions (how is it spelled?) is a very nice track for intros, its slow and dark, telling you, "Ok, today its gonna be hot..."

Lifeless also rules hard, especially in great battles with many tanks biggrin.gif ... and Hunt, its pretty slow, and a perfect rythm...like Heroes, and Secret is also very good, i cant choose a single one, the OFP music is one of the best ive ever heard in a game...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ April 19 2002,08:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Unles the choppers or tanks have speakers mounted on them, ala Apocalypse Now and Kelly's Heroes.  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Right, I love Apocalypse Now Redux tounge.gif

Place few Resistance units to the southern mountains near the castle on Everon, set time to 5.30 and use music "Fallen" and you'll see how "romantic" it is. wink.gif

I like "Slow Blades" the best - "Walk" is good too...

BTW does anyone know any decent .ogg plugins for Winamp, or failing that, any good Ogg Vorbis players?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Nov. 23 2001,16:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think there is a little programm published where you can integrate any wav into the game.<span id='postcolor'>

You think? I'v put my own music into this game and some of the music i put in were from other games also just to try it out. Its all on Avon Lady's web page.

My faverate music in OFP has to be "Slow Blades" followed by "Secret"

Yeah, there's many good tracks in OFP. I just don't want music during player action. If I'm stressed or trying to listen for enemies, it feels like having my senses clipped and annoys me insanely.

But it's great for cutscenes... a must have.

the only time i use music is for choppers. music isn't going to make you hear any lesser really when you're in the air.

I depboed all the music and put it on a CD to listen to. My favorites are all the seventh songs, they kick ass!

while on EX. we would put Metallica's "Hit the lights" on the internal radio system biggrin.gif

boy, thats a real rush, we would then shoot like madmen!

Lifeless. When it kicks in in the Russian campain where the tanks come at you biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Top Stuff!