Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

Us presidential election 2004

Quote[/b] ]This is also nonsense. Iraq, like Saudi Arabia, Syria, UAE et al gave money to the families of suicide bombers. As a pension after Israeli bulldozers destroyed their houses.

But pointing out Saudi Arabia’s guilt does not excuse Moore’s blatant lie about Saddam Hussein’s innocence.

He made a point about Iraq not being a threat to the US, in which he was right. Iraq did not attack America. Iraq did not have any active interest in murdering Americans. Iraq had nothing to do with you.

Bush's argument for war was that Iraq was a clear and present danger to the US and to the American people. Moore counters this point.

Funny how people who were willing to go to war on a GIGANTIC and very obvious lie, now are nitpicking Moore's comments. And they even fail at that.

Quote[/b] ]He made a point about Iraq not being a threat to the US, in which he was right. Iraq did not attack America. Iraq did not have any active interest in murdering Americans. Iraq had nothing to do with you.

Bush's argument for war was that Iraq was a clear and present danger to the US and to the American people. Moore counters this point.

But, they tried but failed a couple of times.

Quote[/b] ]

(...he was a time a consultant of the American oil company Unocal that was then considering building an oil pipe line throuhg Afghanistan)

Quote[/b] ]

A Unocal spokesman denies it. "Karzai was never, in any capacity, an employee, consultant or a consultant of a consultant," Barry Lane said. He said Unocal also never had a plan to build a Caspian Sea pipeline.

What's true in the movie is that Zalmay Khalilzad, the U.S. ambassador to Afghanistan, was a Unocal consultant in the mid-1990s, Lane said.

Quote[/b] ]He made a point about Iraq not being a threat to the US, in which he was right. Iraq did not attack America. Iraq did not have any active interest in murdering Americans. Iraq had nothing to do with you.
Quote[/b] ]Jake Tapper (ABC News): You declare in the film that Hussein’s regime had never killed an American …

Moore: That isn’t what I said. Quote the movie directly.

Tapper: What is the quote exactly?

Moore: “Murdered.†The government of Iraq did not commit a premeditated murder on an American citizen. I’d like you to point out one.

Tapper: If the government of Iraq permitted a terrorist named Abu Nidal who is certainly responsible for killing Americans to have Iraq as a safe haven; if Saddam Hussein funded suicide bombers in Israel who did kill Americans; if the Iraqi police—now this is not a murder but it’s a plan to murder—to assassinate President Bush which at the time merited airstrikes from President Clinton once that plot was discovered; does that not belie your claim that the Iraqi government never murdered an American or never had a hand in murdering an American?

Moore: No, because nothing you just said is proof that the Iraqi government ever murdered an American citizen. And I am still waiting for you to present that proof.

You’re talking about, they provide safe haven for Abu Nidal after the committed these murders, uh, Iraq helps or supports suicide bombers in Israel. I mean the support, you remember the telethon that the Saudis were having? It’s our allies, the Saudis, that have been providing help and aid to the suicide bombers in Israel. That’s the story you should be covering. Why don’t you cover that story? Why don’t you cover it?

Quote[/b] ]

Note Moore’s extremely careful phrasing of the lines which appear to exonerate Saddam, and Moore’s hyper-legal response to Tapper. In fact, Saddam provided refuge to notorious terrorists who had murdered Americans. Saddam provided a safe haven for Abu Abbas (leader of the hijacking of the ship Achille Lauro and the murder of the elderly American passenger Leon Klinghoffer), for Abu Nidal, and for the 1993 World Trade Center bombmaker, Abdul Rahman Yasin. By law, Saddam therefore was an accessory to the murders. Saddam order his police to murder former American President George Bush when he visited Kuwait City in 1993; they attempted to do so, but failed. In 1991, he ordered his agents to murder the American Ambassador to the Philippines and, separately, to murder the employees of the U.S. Information Service in Manila; they tried, but failed. Yet none of these aggressions against the United States “count†for Moore, because he has carefully framed his verbs and verb tenses to exclude them.

LOL. I am so through discussing F911 with you. There's a bunch of negative things one can say about the movie, but you're completely missing them by focusing on truly irrelevant details. Watch the movie, then we can talk smile_o.gif

Anyone ever notice that the Men and Women doing the fighting are voting for Bush? I am and Soldier11B is, My squadmates and probrably my platoon is. So maybe, Bush isn't that bad, but yo Civilians are making a big frigging deal about it? rock.gifwink_o.gif

Also, Moore is a goddamn idiot, and, He should be hung.

Don't quote me or involve me in any of the discussion of this.

Anyone ever notice that the Men and Women doing the fighting are voting for Bush? I am and Soldier11B is, My squadmates and probrably my platoon is. So maybe, Bush isn't that bad, but yo Civilians are making a big frigging deal about it?  rock.gif  wink_o.gif

Your coalition of veterans for Bush is about as impressive as the President's coalition of nations in Iraq.

I know a lot of veterans (of this war and others) who will not be voting for Bush in November. We'll see how gung-ho you are when you get called back as an inactive reservist.

Anyone ever notice that the Men and Women doing the fighting are voting for Bush? I am and Soldier11B is, My squadmates and probrably my platoon is. So maybe, Bush isn't that bad, but yo Civilians are making a big frigging deal about it? rock.gifwink_o.gif

Your coalition of veterans for Bush is about as impressive as the President's coalition of nations in Iraq.

I know a lot of veterans (of this war and others) who will not be voting for Bush in November. We'll see how gung-ho you are when you get called back as an inactive reservist.

Well, You know what? These reservists shouldn't have joined up, if they didn't want to go to war, that Kind of what the Army is about. I joined the Army to fight. So I'm not some fat, annoying person challenging crap they don't know about. Don't call me gung-ho, I'm not some half-brained marine.

I joined the Army to fight.

Soldiers. Made in USA. © 2004

crazy_o.gifsad_o.gif

Yep, although I wasn't Manufactured! I am a true blue soldier, born and bred to fight. A graduate of the School of Hard knocks at Fort Benning, Georgia.

crazy_o.gif  sad_o.gif

Yep, although I wasn't Manufactured! I am a true blue soldier, born and bred to fight. A graduate of the School of Hard knocks at Fort Benning, Georgia.

So your ultimate goal, your ultimate duty, your purpose in life is to FIGHT?

If your CO gave you a choice, either to help firefighters near the San Francisco area to keep San Francisco from burning down, or to go down to Iraq, what would you choose?

Would you be disappointed if your CO sent you to Washington to be the honour guard at the grave of the unknown soldier? Would you be annoyed? Would you think your skills are being wasted?

Would you be annoyed if you were pulled from your war duties in Afghanistan or Iraq, only to help protect a white minority in Zimbabwe from being slaughtered by Mugabe's henchmen?

Would you be annoyed if you were pulled from war duties to simply go home and help feed the homeless?

Answer truthfully smile_o.gif

crazy_o.gifsad_o.gif

So your ultimate goal, your ultimate duty, your purpose in life is to FIGHT?

If your CO gave you a choice, either to help firefighters near the San Francisco area to keep San Francisco from burning down, or to go down to Iraq, what would you choose?

Would you be disappointed if your CO sent you to Washington to be the honour guard at the grave of the unknown soldier? Would you be annoyed? Would you think your skills are being wasted?

Would you be annoyed if you were pulled from your war duties in Afghanistan or Iraq, only to help protect a white minority in Zimbabwe from being slaughtered by Mugabe's henchmen?

Would you be annoyed if you were pulled from war duties to simply go home and help feed the homeless?

Answer truthfully smile_o.gif

I joined the Army to fight. The Word army means Purpose of life?

Mainly, no. Those are honorable causes. But, it's more honorable to fight for your nation, than to complain about how you got pulled from what you were doing to fight a stupid war. I've heard that from a reservist.

I don't really appreciate those questions though. Many reservists are just there to get their carrers started, thy never really consider what being in the Army means. I joined to make a difference and to be a Soldier, you know, like a modern day Knight. (so it sounds corny, sue me. Not really.) I respect the fact they were doing things that they wanted to do, but your service to your country comes above all. Many Civilians think they don't owe their country anything. I do, I owe america alot, an I am repaying her through this. I would be an Honor Guard. I would gladly do all those things, sure my skills would be wasted, but if my Commander told me to do it, I would, For America.

I do, I owe america alot, an I am repaying her through this. I would be an Honor Guard. I would gladly do all those things, sure my skills would be wasted, but if my Commander told me to do it, I would, For America.

Not quite the answer I was expecting, you surprised me there! (in a positive way)

Thanks for replying smile_o.gif

I do, I owe america alot, an I am repaying her through this. I would be an Honor Guard. I would gladly do all those things, sure my skills would be wasted, but if my Commander told me to do it, I would, For America.

Not quite the answer I was expecting, you surprised me there! (in a positive way)

Sure, It was all true. Every soldier knows this, you hear it alot from Foreign men and women who join the Army and Marines. I'm a Brit, and an Irishman. I miss Ireland, but I love america, she gave me alot of opprotunities and a new home and life. I hope everyone who joins the army feels this way!

Sure, It was all true. Every soldier knows this, you hear it alot from  Foreign men and women who join the Army and Marines. I'm a Brit, and an Irishman. I miss Ireland, but I love america, she gave me alot of opprotunities and a new home and life. I hope everyone who joins the army feels this way!

Ultimate question - would you kill for a proper pint of Guinness, shipped in with the Concorde, straight from your favourite pub wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Sure, It was all true. Every soldier knows this, you hear it alot from Foreign men and women who join the Army and Marines. I'm a Brit, and an Irishman. I miss Ireland, but I love america, she gave me alot of opprotunities and a new home and life. I hope everyone who joins the army feels this way!

Ultimate question - would you kill for a proper pint of Guinness, shipped in with the Concorde, straight from your favourite pub wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Aye, I would. wink_o.gif

Sure, It was all true. Every soldier knows this, you hear it alot from  Foreign men and women who join the Army and Marines. I'm a Brit, and an Irishman. I miss Ireland, but I love america, she gave me alot of opprotunities and a new home and life. I hope everyone who joins the army feels this way!

Ultimate question - would you kill for a proper pint of Guinness, shipped in with the Concorde, straight from your favourite pub wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Aye, I would.  wink_o.gif

Definitely Irish biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Adh mor! wink_o.gif

Hi Rishon

Consider the following.

You are asked to fight a war and you do your duty.

The Reasons given for the War are that:

WMD

1) The country you will invade is a threat to your nation having weapons of mass destruction. Your government and that of another allied country furnish proof of this threat from their intelligence departments but the intelligence departments of all other nations in world say hold on the evidence is flawed.

Links To Al Qaida

2) The country you will invade is accused of being involved in an attack that has killed many in your country.

Change To A Regime that kills, tortures, misrules and does not spend the profits from Oil on the people

3) The Man leading the country you will invade is a dictator all though not the worst in the world. You know this because he was your countries former allie under previous Republican Presidents and you country sold him the equipment and scientific knowledge to make the WMD and indeed after he gassed his own people you current Secretary of Defense shook his hand and sold him some more. The Regime is said to have been killing and torturing people for decades you know this because your own nations had strong links with it intelligence service and used to send it intell on a regular basis.

No WMD

1a) After you invade all investigations reveal there was no WMD. Further investigations by a duly appointed government committee show that the intelligence your President made the decision to go to war on was insufficient and faulty as the other nations in the world warned your President before he went to war.

No Links To Al Qaida

2a) After you invade all investigations reveal there was no link to the attack on you country. Further investigations by a duly appointed government committee show that the intelligence your President made the decision to go to war on was insufficient and faulty as the other nations in the world warned your President before he went to war.

No Change to A Regime that kills, tortures, misrules and does not spend the profits from Oil on the people

3a) After you invade no attempt is made to stabilize the country, the water and power plants are never fixed. Only a minute part of the aid promised is ever given out and most is left sitting in a bank account earning interest for someone but probably not the country you invade. The Oil pipelines are though and about 18 billion dollars worth of oil is taken out of the country and all profits are held in a bank by your nation. The former company of your vice president gets a 6 billion dollar contract to fix the oil plants this is paid for by your tax dollars. The worst torture prison in the country is rehabilitated by your own nation to once again be used to kill and torture people. Investigations seem to point to this going up the chain of command at least as as far as the Secretary of Defense and the Attorney General. Your armed forces regularly kill people who oppose the invasion and accidentally kill many innocent civilians on a regular basis even to blowing up weddings. Estimates put total dead of the nation you invaded at several tens of thousands. All in all when compared to the regime you have replaced; your nation its government, its flag and armed forces are left somewhat tarnished in the eyes of the rest of the world and indeed in the eyes of many in your own country.

After considering that you still wish to vote for the candidate who lead you down the garden path?

Kind Regards Walker

Hooray, everybody join the army, civilians just don't get it?

Perhaps civilians don't get certain things because their point of view is a little bit less biased? rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]Also, Moore is a goddamn idiot, and, He should be hung.

Hey, you said you want to fight... I guess for your country and its freedom. Read the bill of rights, amendment I...

Man, seems America got serious problems...

Hooray, everybody join the army, civilians just don't get it?

Perhaps civilians don't get certain things because their point of view is a little bit less biased? rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]Also, Moore is a goddamn idiot, and, He should be hung.

Hey, you said you want to fight... I guess for your country and its freedom. Read the bill of rights, amendment I...

Man, seems America got serious problems...

Excuse me, did I say everyone join the Army, no. I was just wondering if anyone picked up that trait. Obviously YOU'RE too small minded to do that. Figures.

Yeah, I'm perfectly aware of the Bill of Rights. Ammendment 1 is where we have the problems, Fat, Rich, Obnoxious men can voice their opinions even though Immigrants can't. I should know, when I got here, I liked to voice my opinion, Noone listen to that, I wasn't born here, theres your Ammendment 1 in action. Michael Moore should not be hung just because he spoke about the President, thats not what I said. He should be hung because he is an unpatriotic whelp. President George Bush was elected by a Majority Vote, only slightly, but he STILL WON. Therfor he is YOUR President, and you should respect him and his decisions as such. Ever notice noone asked these questions? Yeah, maybe its not Bush who does things, maybe it's you.

Iraq, it was going to happen, I knew it was. It was the best choice at the time with the Information he had, how can you know informations faulty, when you just got it? We tried to get UN permission. Russia and France secretly sold materials to Iraq for a profit, so they Vetoed it, no can do.

Thank you, goodbye.

Excuse me, did I say everyone join the Army, no. I was just wondering if anyone picked up that trait. Obviously YOU'RE too small minded to do that. Figures.

We'll see to this... a hint for you: sarcasm

Quote[/b] ]Yeah, I'm perfectly aware of the Bill of Rights. Ammendment 1 is where we have the problems, Fat, Rich, Obnoxious men can voice their opinions even though Immigrants can't. I should know, when I got here, I liked to voice my opinion, Noone listen to that, I wasn't born here, theres your Ammendment 1 in action. Michael Moore should not be hung just because he spoke about the President, thats not what I said. He should be hung because he is an unpatriotic whelp.

Even worse. Just kill someone because he seems to be an "unpatriotic whelp". Great. Dolchstoßlegende, eh?

Quote[/b] ]President George Bush was elected by a Majority Vote, only slightly, but he STILL WON. Therfor he is YOUR President, and you should respect him and his decisions as such. Ever notice noone asked these questions? Yeah, maybe its not Bush who does things, maybe it's you.

I suppose your "you" is meant figuratively. Anyway, Bush is not my president...

Quote[/b] ]Iraq, it was going to happen, I knew it was. It was the best choice at the time with the Information he had, how can you know informations faulty, when you just got it? We tried to get UN permission.

Everbody told the USA that the "WMD proofs" were unsustainable.

Everbody warned the USA about going to war.

All the USA did was calling the critics whimps and ignoring the UN.

Btw: If you recall the history of US intelligence it would be better to incorporate some kind of Kalman filter into US intelligence...

Quote[/b] ]Russia and France secretly sold materials to Iraq for a profit, so they Vetoed it, no can do.

rock.gif weed? rock.gif

Yeah, it was the Sarcasm that earned the Counter-Sarcasm.

So, your unpatriotic now, that warrants a "Get out of the country" or something, I won't say that..

Mainly I was joking, I'm sorry I didn't hint for you with the Emoticons, You must have been reeeeaally freaked out.

No, unless you don't live in america, he's your president.

Yes, france sold Missles and Jets to Iraq. Russia sold GPS Scramblers, BMP's and Tanks. Read the News, these were found at the begginning of the war..

No, unless you don't live in america, he's your president.

I'm a sal boche, a bloody Kraut... biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Yes, france sold Missles and Jets to Iraq. Russia sold GPS Scramblers, BMP's and Tanks. Read the News, these were found at the begginning of the war..

Many countries did trade with Saddam...

Quote[/b] ]Many countries did trade with Saddam...

I love when people bring things up from the 80s....