Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

Us presidential election 2004

Hi all

I think it may be more that he cannot answere the questions put to him in Debate and he is being fed answers from other in party.

Is it within the rules of the debate for him to be given such a feed? At the very least it is cheating the debate.

In the UK it is against the laws of the house of commons to do that.

Rather worying if the president is that controled in what he says by faceless people among the NeoConMen.

Truly is he realy so controled by others?

Disturbed Walker

It's interesting that the so-called "security moms" are considered to be the one of the deciding factors in this election, and not soon after the news picks that up, suddenly terrorist disks are found supposedly with information about US schools, and alerts to schools are dispatched.

rock.gif

Mabye he has a cheat sheet under the desk, or writes stuff on his hand? He got nervous, started sweating and blurred it all.

Mabye its some kind of secret service presidential thing? Hes speech might seem like it dosent fit a logical pattern, but his brains probably all messed up from years of drug and alchohol abuse.

Personally I think it would be too much of a risk to bother cheating, also, if someone was helping him he should have done better. He just drives home the same message again and again because he cant argue his position on its actual merits (if any).

There was one part near the end of the debate, he was just completley disengaged - the question was about N.Korea and as soon as Kerry stop talking he launched into his usual speech aabout Saddam Hussein, and then... He.. gradually.. slowed down as he realised he was rambling incoherently.

P.S: I dont what America Coming Together is, but sign me up!

Hi all

I worry that all this wolf crying is reducing US awareness of when the real threat comes.

It is all the more worrying because so many people seem to believe that because there is war in Iraq that now the US and UK wont be attacked.

It is disgusting that TBA and their supporters are fostering this stupid myth. That is not how terrorism works. Particularly with Al Qaida and its franchises. They are constantly looking for the global spectaculars.

At a time when the US should be being more observant Homeland Defence has said it is now OK to once more bring guns into air ports. crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Weapons Rules Eased At Dulles and National

People soon will be able to carry guns and other dangerous weapons onto the grounds and parking lots of Reagan National and Dulles International airports, after officials yesterday eased what they said were overly restrictive rules.

Without debate, the board of the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority unanimously agreed to permit passengers and other airport visitors to carry guns, knives and other weapons as long as they keep them out of terminals and other buildings that access airfields. Passengers who are taking guns with them on flights still will be allowed to carry them into the terminal but are supposed to make arrangements with airlines in advance, officials said.

The action comes after pressure from an increasingly high-profile Virginia gun rights group whose members have taken to wearing firearms on their hips in public places to make their case.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A13174-2004Oct6.html

Is gun culture and the Charlton Heston crowd so powerful that even the fight against terrrorism takes second place?

WAKE UP AMERICA you are in very real danger!

Worried walker

I think so too walker. But on the other hand I believe that noone can prevent another attack to happen. From a logistical point of view, how much money would you have to invest to realy protect the US. It is definetly not possible!

Hi all

Promptergate has started to take off in the mainstream US media.

Quote[/b] ]What's That on Bush's Back?

Dave Lindorff writes in Salon: "Was President Bush literally channeling Karl Rove in his first debate with John Kerry? That's the latest rumor flooding the Internet, unleashed last week in the wake of an image caught by a television camera during the Miami debate. The image shows a large solid object between Bush's shoulder blades as he leans over the lectern and faces moderator Jim Lehrer. . . .

"Repeated calls to the White House and the Bush national campaign office over a period of three days, inquiring about what the president may have been wearing on his back during the debate, and whether he had used an audio device at other events, went unreturned."

For the latest in the breathless Internet speculation, go to isbushwired.com.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn....?nav=mb

TBA are obviously embaressed about it, as they are refusing to answere calls about it.

Muppet Bush yep thats right he is a muppet.

Kind Regards Walker

Quote[/b] ]Hi all

Promtergate has started to take off in the mainstream US media.

It is gate-fun!!!!

Quote[/b] ]For the latest in the breathless Internet speculation, go to isbushwired.com.

no...

I think both candidates need to be patted down before the next debate

"O.K mr. president sir, spread 'em"

Bush probably knows the drill better than Kerry

Quote[/b] ]I think both candidates need to be patted down before the next debate

"O.K mr. president sir, spread 'em"

Bush probably knows the drill better than Kerry

I think Kerry has been arrested before...

Quote[/b] ]Yeah, for protesting.

erm...Bush was protesting against the MAN for not him allowing to drink... unclesam.gif

erm...Bush was protesting against the MAN for not him allowing to drink... unclesam.gif

Was it snorting coke

Or was it Driving Under the Influence

Or was one a result of the other?

There is a picture of the car wreck somewhere.

Kind Regards Walker

And if it is a Secret Service monitor they won't admit to it,

And if it is a medical device they won't admit to it,

Come on, you're grasping at straws again here.

As for easing the airport rules,

Quote[/b] ]as long as they keep them out of terminals and other buildings that access airfields.

okay, so what else is new? If you go to the TSA website and get the list of can/can't bring items, you'll notice down on the bottom a note saying that the local office can amend those rules for their local area. I flew out of Seattle about a year ago and checked the list before I went. Nothing was said about 4-d mag lights, so since I couldn't find my 2aa pen light I grabber my big one. Plus I had a bunch of weird crap in my bag too. Well, Seattle TSA had decided 3-d's was okay but not 4, so I had to check it. No big deal, because I was 2 hours early, and not trying to 'wing' it.

What is a Secret Service monitor and why would the president be required to wear one during a televised debate?

What sort of medical device would the president need to wear during the debate and why would it need to be kept secret?

Let's see if you can answer any of these questions without grasping at straws.   rock.gif

What is a Secret Service monitor and why would the president be required to wear one during a televised debate?

What sort of medical device would the president need to wear during the debate and why would it need to be kept secret?

Let's see if you can answer any of these questions without grasping at straws. rock.gif

The Secret Service monitor I doubt, as the secret service were undoubtedly filling the auditorium.

But medical I can see (though I doubt). If it was medical, it would undoubtedly be kept secret ahead of the election because a) no one wants to vote for a president that might keel over, and b) no one will vote for a president that will keel over leaving Cheney in charge.

If it was medical, it would undoubtedly be kept secret ahead of the election...

But can you imagine a medical condition so bad that they'd rather allow the public to believe he cheated during the debate?

Hi shinRaiden

Here is the point where bush says to someone who is not up their on the stage with him:-

Quote[/b] ]"As the politics change, his positions change. And that's not how a commander in chief acts. * I, I, uh -- Let me finish -- The intelligence I looked at was the same intelligence my opponent looked at."

Here is a recorded exerpt.

http://nyc.indymedia.org/newswire/display/125456/index.php

For the original copy start up real player and paste the link below into Real players URL then ffwd to 40 min 30 sec and you can clearly see the tell tale bulge.

rtsp://cspanrm.fplive.net/cspan/project/c04/c04093004_debate1.rm

Here is a picture of the earpeice29484097-3d73-0131014D-.jpg

and here are some more

13.jpg

There is a CNN tape recording on the web doing the rounds purportedly of actual bleed thru from George Bush Junior's ear piece in a speech with Jacques Chirac on the occasion of the D Day celibrations.

I have listened to it. It is very clear but because Rebublican's have already been caught trying to fool journalists with fake stories they then scotch and the remarkably similar Dan Rather situation I want to confirm it with other sources before publishing.

As reported in USA Today The Los Angeles Times was the subject of a concerted effort by Republicans to place an article similar to that that was placed with Dan Rather so they could then scotch it. By Luck The Los Angeles Times staff spoted NeoConMens Con.

Quote[/b] ]Paper received e-mails assessing debate results before it began

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Los Angeles Times received more than 1,000 e-mails about the vice presidential debate, but about three dozen particularly caught the editors' attention.

The e-mails were all sent Tuesday, before the 6 p.m. debate began, but they lauded Democratic Vice Presidential candidate John Edwards' performance. They criticized Republican Vice President Dick Cheney, and some warned against the GOP's post-debate spin.

But when the Times reached one of the writers, the man said he was a registered Republican and that he sent the e-mail as a test "just to see if we were checking," the newspaper reported Thursday.

Andrew Schoppe, who signed his name as Andy Taylor of Venice in an e-mail sent at 5:33 p.m. Tuesday, told the Times "he was 'very, very pleased' that we hadn't fallen for his prank."

The Times was not immediately able to reach the authors of the other e-mails.

Three of the e-mails were printed in the paper's op-ed section.

In his e-mail, Schoppe wrote, "John Edward was amaezeing!" adding, "I know the GOP will start to spin this as soon as they can..."

Both campaigns on Tuesday urged supporters to vote in online polls, conducted by most major networks after the debate, as well as to e-mail, write letters to newspaper editors and spread the word about their candidate's victory.

In letters sent Tuesday, Republicans asked supporters to defeat the "Kerry campaign spin machine."

Democratic National Committee Chairman Terry McAuliffe told Democrats in a letter, "it's important that we redouble our efforts from the last debate, because the Republicans are now copying our strategy."

http://www.usatoday.com/news....s_x.htm

The similarity to what happened to Dan Rather is remarkable.

Kind Regards Walker

If it was medical, it would undoubtedly be kept secret ahead of the election...

But can you imagine a medical condition so bad that they'd rather allow the public to believe he cheated during the debate?

No. One can easily imagine they thought it was not noticable. Obviously "they" were wrong.

Its GO TIME!

First, observation.

No bulge in the jacket tonight.

EDIT: The rhetoric has begun.

Quote[/b] ]The similarity to what happened to Dan Rather is remarkable.

It is called CBS News did not get the facts rights. They are ones to ran to a handwritten expert and not to the right expert. Also, now it is a republican conspiracy, Walker.....

Debate gone for 20 minutes now, on the first note it seems that Bush has recovered from his terrible 'hangover' he had last week. Looks like a bit better debate than the first, too bad the issues seem to be repeated from the first debate.

Bush is certainly better than the last time. Kerry ain't too bad either.

"More effective equipment"rock.gif

EDIT: Woah....Bush freak out