Sign in to follow this  
Badassdom

Large ships

Quote[/b] ]if your ship is a solid ship with no cutaway sections    (cough cough.............destroyer    )

I think this applies to any static object. I'm guessing static objects are used for large ships, because of a 64m size limit on regular OFP vehicles?

but what if you have your object (that is a moving object) and you can position those 64m size objects in to the correct place, to represent a ship  tounge_o.gif   blues.gif

I dont know what happens to an object when it goes over the size limit or what can be done with static objects that you cant do with regular objects.

But you would at least be able to accelerate at a sensible rate, and it might even be easier to position each section if cargo proxies are not limited by the size restrictions.

BUZZARD @ May 26 2004,15:45)]Well, the LSD is larger in size than the Arleigh Burke and THAT was made in 1 piece...  wink_o.gif

Nope. The LSD that's ingame (made by TOW) is about 80 meters long. The Arleigh Burke is 140 meters long and it has to be made in 2 or 3 pieces.

Quote[/b] ]Nope. The LSD that's ingame (made by TOW) is about 80 meters long. The Arleigh Burke is 140 meters long and it has to be made in 2 or 3 pieces.

Don't forget that the scale of things IRL is not the same of stuff in OFP. But IRL the LSD which is of the Whidbey Island class is larger in size than the Arleigh Burke (at least if FAS.ORG is to be credited with reliable info...).

what about hovercraft :d

ohand ill ask to see if we are still doing ships (ToW)

I very much hope so... and FUNCTIONAL PLZ!!! biggrin_o.gif

BUZZARD @ May 27 2004,23:29)]
Quote[/b] ]Nope. The LSD that's ingame (made by TOW) is about 80 meters long. The Arleigh Burke is 140 meters long and it has to be made in 2 or 3 pieces.

Don't forget that the scale of things IRL is not the same of stuff in OFP. But IRL the LSD which is of the Whidbey Island class is larger in size than the Arleigh Burke (at least if FAS.ORG is to be credited with reliable info...).

I thought we were talking here about the LSD 48 Ashland (?)that is made by TOW & already ingame.

For hovercraft, would it be possible to have it behave like a boat in water, and then switch to acting like a land vehicle (maybe like the Star Wars speederbike addon) when it hits land?