Sign in to follow this  
Sigma-6

Talk armour and tank addons

Sigma... so what about the Stryker idea? I don't know if you read the follow up posts regarding the remote .50 cal turret and all that. I think it should be possible even if gunner was invisible or a dummy AI position that the player couldn't use. Plus the slat armor could be added to your Canadian LAV-III's.

Anyways I hope you at least that you toy around with it to see if it's possible since you already have the basic LAV-III model (aside from the turret).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I dream about a config.cpp

Not a full addon, just a cpp...

Not a cpp for my-tank-from-my-country-wich-kickass, but for BIS light armored

I searched "BMP" in addon's ofp.info section and found nothing really good.

FDF and CSLA made it, but it's a complete mod (not a light stand-alone addon).

I would like to know armor and scanrange parameters and many more, also for weapons etc.

I'm sure there is a lot to talk about it

wrong, some small models changes are also needed, so it will mean redownloading the whole addon again.

Well even if only config changes were required you would still need to re-download the whole addon. Basically I just meant that if there is minimal work needed to implement the suspension effect on existing tank addons, there's no reason why it can't be done, and if for example RHS were planning on releasing a newer version of their T-64 pack for whatever reason (the usual bug fixes etc) they could put it in then.

Quote[/b] ]CSLA made it, but it's a complete mod (not a light stand-alone addon

CSLA have said that they are working on a patch which will allow their units to be used independently of their mod. (Thanks again to CSLA for doing this BTW.) smile_o.gif

we split up the actual models from config and scripts, and i allready am so used to that idea that i assumed everyone with half a brain would do that.. smile_o.gif

most problems are caused by config and or script errors, so updating and releasing a new script for a certain addonpack saves A LOT of bandwidth, as opposed to incorporated config/scripts with the models/textures.

sounds, models and textures take up 95% of the addonsize, if not 99%.

creating a separate pbo with only the scripts and config in them might also be the better option for other addonmakers.

fixing a small config problem is done in a few minutes, but re-uploading and everyone redownloading the full addonpack again uses up loads of reasources.

Anyway, thats why i said the whole addon would have to be redownbloaded.

Yes I am a big fan of DKM's (or is that IDM) system of splitting.

Makes alot of common to me.

Problem is, the main addon sites keep archives of all the addons released, so people are likely to download a copy without that config fix. Happens more than you'd think. A config fix doesn't end up being hosted with the addon on a site like Cz, more often than not.

@miles. I'm always keeping the Stryker in the corner of my mind. . . when I come across a reasonably implementable idea, I'll definitely do it.