Sign in to follow this  
OmniMax

Ak model spetznats-b

I was notified by some stranger who was a spetznats advocate (read: russian nut) that there was a superior AK model that spetznats operators used called "spetznats-b".

I was interested in what he had said because the M16 and Armalite series of guns really aren't up to my fancy. The sighting is well... clunky for me. I enjoy the AK series sight better then the M16 ring sight.

Being a gun advocate (read: gun nut) I would thought I would have heard praise from such a device since it is common knowledge that the AK-47 kicks like a mule and isn't the most accurate gun in the shelf, but rather, known for it's reliablitly.

I had searched for this weapon and all I came up with was airsoft guns on google. Airsoft guns.

It honestly sounds like this man is bullshitting me, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and ask here after my exausted search.

Anybody know anything about this rifle?

...through Janes or something? rock.gif

i think that this person who metioned this weapon to you is probably lying. i checked this Russian site and it has nothing by the name of spetznats-b. if there were such a weapon, i would guess it may have never made it off the drawing board.

Perhaps he was referring to the AK-107, AK-108 series?

From

Quote[/b] ] World.guns.ru

New modification of AK design - this time with balanced automatic gas driven engine. "Balanced" means that this system has 2 opposite moving gas pistons instead of one. main gas piston drives bolt carrier (via gas rod), secondary piston drives compensating mass (via its own rod) in direction, opposite to bolt carrier. This movement greatly reduced muzzle jump and increased accuracy in full-auto mode.

In my mind, that would be the more "accurate" that he was speaking of.

spetznats-b for balanced maybe? Although these models appear to be sporting models... as with the other 10x series...

AK-107\108:

mm: overall: 943; w. stock folded 700;

AK-47:

870 mm; barrel: 415 mm

AKS-74

Length: 943 mm (AKS-74 with folded butt - 690 mm)

Perhaps thats what he meant? Still doesn't fit in with the smaller size line he had said... But still, I like a average sized rifle anyway... And fixed stocks.

I think he was talking about the AK-104 or 105. The difference between those are the cartridge, 7.62mm and 5.45mm.

They are being used by the Spetsnaz. They are shortened but not as compact as the old AKS-74U which would make them more accurate.

AK-105

I think he is referring to the AK-47 in Spetznaz configuration, the weapon BIS used as the Speznaz weapon in OFP. You know, the "silver" one. Only in OFP it uses AK-74 ammo and is also used by crew. rock.gif

It is called the something-beta and is only used by Spetznaz, AFAIK. smile_o.gif I think this must be it. An AKS-47U or whatever they call the airborne/shortened version.

I think Hellfish is referring to the same thing.

the AN-94 akaban is a compleltly different rifle from the Ak-74 and i doubt even the spetsnaz use it because it is so expensive sad_o.gif

He was defiently mentioning a regular AK, blabbing about accuracy, reliability, size...

"Everything the AK is not."

Although, I never knew an AK with second action with recoil dampening existed. Learn something new everyday, huh?

The airsoft "spetznats-b" looks exactly like the newer AKs, all black, no more wood (synthetic grip and stock), et cetra.

So thats probably what he was referring to..

The recoil dampening probaby makes a word of difference.

Almost probably like shooting an M16A1. I'd like to buy one of those puppies. (7.62x39mm cart with sabot firing .223? Oh yeah...)

I'll talk to him tomorrow and squeeze more information out of the chump...

It probably isn't even his fault, probably a accidental misinformation handing out (example? People on the history channel pronouncing carbine funny... other little errs...)

But I wonder if these things are avaliable for sale on the commerical market...

He probably meant the "Beta SpetsNatz" which is a fictional AK airsoft gun that Tokyo Mauri came up with.

AK47 Beta Spetsnaz (fictional)

Product_1132.jpg

The closest thing to it IRL would be the AKS-74U, which is in fact in use whith special forces.

114-2.jpg

115-1.jpg

1191.gif

1181.jpg

1181.jpg

one Q,

what is that sub weapon attached to that AKS? is that a handgun?

http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/images/1181.jpg

one Q,

Its a grenade launcher, not 100% sure of its name/designation, but i think it might be the VOG-25. Not 100% sure tho, but I do know its defiantely a grenade launcher.

1181.jpg

one Q,

suppressed 30mm gl

http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/images/1181.jpg

one Q,

Its a grenade launcher, not 100% sure of its name/designation, but i think it might be the VOG-25. Not 100% sure tho, but I do know its defiantely a grenade launcher.

no, the VOG-25 is the one pictured on basic bis grenadiers for exemple

silenced gernade launcher? im no expert on military equipment but something about the idea of putting a silencer on a weapon that fires a projectile that explodes seems a bit pointless rock.gif are you guys sure that its a gernade launcher and not a pistol?

notice the small bullet next to magazine

1191.gif

silenced gernade launcher? im no expert on military equipment but something about the idea of putting a silencer on a weapon that fires a projectile that explodes seems a bit pointless rock.gif are you guys sure that its a pistol and not a gernade launcher?

notice the small bullet next to magazine

]http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/images/1191.gif

it's a grenade launcher and the grenade is ignited by the round you see i think

Description

The BS-1 30 mm silenced grenade launcher has appeared under the designation RGA-86 in Russian literature, but it appears that BS-1 is more widely accepted in Russia. Regardless of designation, the Russians have developed an innovative silenced grenade launcher for use by special operations forces.

The BS-1 is always seen mounted on a suppressed version of the 5.45 mm AKS-74U short assault rifle differentiated from the standard AKS-74U by a leather flap that fits on the forestock of the weapon and covers the BS-1 mount when the launcher is not installed; the designation AKS-74UB has been used for this rifle. A silenced grenade launcher is of great utility in a close combat situation as it not only reduces sound, but also reduces flash and smoke.

BS-1 launch cartridges are magazine fed using a bolt action and utilise a special star crimped cartridge. The grenade is muzzle loaded, as with other RFAS underbarrel grenade launchers, but there the similarity ends. Although there has been no explanatory literature as to the functioning of the BS-1, certain aspects of its operation can be deduced. The BS-1 launcher has a large containment chamber behind the barrel with a piston that launches the VOG-T HEAT grenade. The expanding gases of the launch cartridge propel the piston rapidly forward, pushing the grenade from the launcher muzzle. The piston obturates against a shoulder inside the containment chamber and, after the grenade is launched, the gases bleed off quickly enough to allow for a relatively rapid follow-up shot.

Specifications

Calibre: 30 mm

Operation: manual, muzzle loaded; launch cartridges fed from detachable box magazine

Weight: ca 1.5 kg

Length: ca 320 m

Effective range: ca 100 m

Armour penetration: ca 125 mm RHA

Manufacturer: Russian state factories.

Text Information from Janes Infantry Weapons

The grenade goes boom, but if it's firing noise were supressed, it would make it much harder to identify it's origin (And without immediate small arms fire as well, could cause confusion as to what was going on: Grenade, light mortar round, etc). More of an advantage it would seem with the firing method.

ok so i guess it is a "silenced" gernade launcher. but then theres the little problem of the very loud noise it will make once the gernade explodes. biggrin_o.gif

ok so i guess it is a "silenced" gernade launcher. but then theres the little problem of the very loud noise it will make once the gernade explodes. biggrin_o.gif

That's not the point.

As said by baron before, you don't know from where it's fired and can mistake it with anything from the light mortar bombing to the auto-cannon fire or even a landmine.

You won't give away your position and you're likely to cause confusion within enemy ranks.

i would have figured using good camouflage would be better at causing confusion than any silenced GL. but what ever works i guess.

i would have figured using good camouflage would be better at causing confusion than any silenced GL. but what ever works i guess.

use the two and get the best results

a grenade launcher going off isn't too quiet

In any case, the AK series with the recoil reduction gas pistons is very interesting.

Anybody have experience with these sort of weapons?

Russian military? Czech?

Or any experience with any series of AK or SKS rifle?

Especially 10x series?

I'd like you to share your experience well, because, it's hard to document accuracy on paper.... Every shooter fires different, experiences recoil different (varying shooter strengths, et cetra). I mean sure, you can calculate mechanical recoil for the impulse of a certain grain cartridge but that isn't going to help you very much unless you've fired a few of these weapons and cartridges to get an approx. "feel" of the numbers.

Like metric or any measurement. You don't know how far 300m is until you realize the sort of things that can be done at 300m. Measurements are abstract to the brain until you get a "feel for them".

So anybody willing to share some AK\SKS firing\handling experience?

P.S: Silent grenade launcher: fun.