Sign in to follow this  
dayglow

Cat 4.1 problems?

It's the only thing I can think of. Since I've upgraded to the 4.1 cats I have problems with OFP. Basically all player and vehicle models disappear in T&L mode. I can see shadows and weapons floating in air, but no models. Now if I run it in Direct3d mode everything is fine, except the fps plummet sad_o.gif not good. Is it the drivers or am I missing something in my configuration

Here's my Dxdiag:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 1/30/2004, 23:49:37

Machine name: BIG-NASTY

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp2.030422-1633)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: VIA

System Model: 7VRXP                          

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: AMD Athlon™ XP 2400+,  MMX,  3DNow, ~2.0GHz

Memory: 1024MB RAM

Page File: 164MB used, 2297MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0902 32bit Unicode

------------

Ati's driver team strikes again!! tounge_o.gif

Have you tried reverting back to the old drivers, or can you even do that with Ati drivers?

I have an Ati video capture card and you can't roll back the damn drivers for it. crazy_o.gif

If you can roll back the drivers, I would suggest doing that and seeing if the problem goes away. Then you'll know for sure if it is a driver problem.

yeah I can, but for the first time in a long time with the 4.1 cats Forgotten Battles works in perfect mode crazy_o.gif

I forget if it's the 3.6 or 3.7's where it last worked. If I go back to the 3.10, then I lose FB looking sweet

Radeon 9800 here, Cat 4.1's, HW T&L, 1.96, all works fine smile_o.gif

Radeon 9700 Pro 4.1 cats 1.96 all hunky dorey (for a change :P)

hello!

same problem for me with 4.1's...

here's how I solved it..

while in game..go to video options..then change your refresh rate... 75-85 or 85-75 etc..

voila smile_o.gif

hope this helps.

Radeon 9800 here, Cat 4.1's, HW T&L, 1.96, all works fine smile_o.gif

Same here, don't have any problems since I bought the a Hercules 9800 pro smile_o.gif

If U have radeon 9800PRO or XT and u have problems running OFP, than You have to change AGP aperture value in the BIOS.

With the last drivers (Cat. 4.2) I found that the AGP aperture must be rised to the maximum (256Mb) and then press ALT+TAB to switch between game/desktop and again to the game (else You will see the landscape with only SOME 3d objects). That's the only (sad) way to play OFP after cat4.2 was relased.

With previous graphics drivers the AGP aperture option must be 64Mb and no ALT+TAB trick is required.

I hope this will resolve your problems n I hope You'll understain my poor english wink_o.gif

I'm running a gexcube radeon 9800xt, with 4.2 catalyst.

With a fresh install of ofp all worked great,

Following: 1. Install game.

2. Patch

3. Run preferences "Auto Detect"

4. Play

It was only when I tried turning everything up in the options, things turned bad!

Definately 75-85hz seems to work okay even 100hz worked.

High detail turned right up was okay.(Not Terrain Detail).

FPS maxxed was good.

Distance maxxed everything still good, but a bit choppy p4 3.2ghz. 1gig Ram

Terrain Detail from Normal to Very High,only after turning down the view distance to make Very High available.

This was the straw that broke the camels back!!

Game crashed big time with a cannot createVertexPixel (static, "something else cannot remember") out of memory ?

Or something very similair to this.

And wouldn't get past the splash screens, without the same Error msg.

With a solution, replacing the config and preferences from an earlier installation, this would allow game to load allowing me back into options, manually changing figures in file didn't work.

But now I had invisible units with floating guns....hmmm

Fresh install followed the 4. points above clean or with addons all seems to work on the radeon. with AA, and A-stropic right up, I was grabbing for a box of tissues.