Sign in to follow this  
Cannon Fodder

Here are a few screenshots....

whatm I don t get is how any of you dudes can play GR without a weapon view. That is the single most terrible feature of that game. You keep shouting realism, but your weapon is the real ghost in that game.

You look over at your squad and definately see a weapon in their hands, but you see d**k

all in your 1st person view. I do not give a rats ass how cool you think a game is, it is really lacking real immersiveness when starring you in the face is NO weapon view.

What a stupid design flaw, that needn`t have been so.

oh.. forgot that 3rd point..

In RS it was possible to tell your operatives to hold and they did it literally, not moving an inch and even pointing that direction where you left them.

In GR they'll run to 'better' position in best case and get shot.. not to talk about that they can't keep their FACING to the front, but rather look aside or behind.

Those squad mates are rather annoying when they follow so tightly, in RS you could of left them bit behind giving support fire while you attack.. now they just come after and get shot sometimes when they dont keep behind corner.

Even when I try and let the thread die out, as it's obvious some of you are still intent on ripping GR to pieces.... oh well.

I suggest we just let this thread die out. I came here and did what I wanted, to let you know about GR. I just seems that some people feel the need to rip the game apart on the strength of whether it has a weapon in first person(!).

Let's just let the thread die, eh? oh and I'll have the last word:

Ghost Recon is amazingly good! Don't let these fools tell you any different!

CF out.

the explosions on this game look pretty dam good smile.gif, there realistic, kicking up dirt, not a flame ball like ofp :biggrin:

both games have there good points, GR is not bad..but i would not compare it to OFP, its a lost cause for GR.

however, compare GR to any other game in the genre and it is actually pretty good, not breath taking, but still good.

its not a crap game, but its not what it was hyped up to be either...depends what you expect to find whether or not you like it.

Cannon Fodder, you can't make a thread saying that one game is better than another, and expect that other people won't disagree. You want to have your say, but not let anyone else have their's?

(Edited by Random at 10:40 pm on Nov. 24, 2001)

In case you didn't realise, it was a joke! I just wanted to satirise what many of you thought I'd become: a zealot, pledging myself to GR. I'm still a massive OFP fan, and on reflection it is better than GR. I just don't like to see poeple ripping a part a game that deserves some attention.

Anyone seen Medal of Honour Allied Assault? I just watched each video... jesus. That game is going to rock, big time!

CF out.

(Edited by Cannon Fodder at 1:20 pm on Nov. 24, 2001)

So how about more screen shots of british units cannon fodder ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Cannon Fodder on 2:19 pm on Nov. 24, 2001

In case you didn't realise, it was a joke! I just wanted to satirise what many of you thought I'd become: a zealot, pledging myself to GR. I'm still a massive OFP fan, and on reflection it is better than GR. I just don't like to see poeple ripping a part a game that deserves some attention.

Anyone seen Medal of Honour Allied Assault? I just watched each video... jesus. That game is going to rock, big time!

CF out.

(Edited by Cannon Fodder at 1:20 pm on Nov. 24, 2001)

<span id='postcolor'>

Medal of Honor is #1 on my wish list. It looks friggin great!

i bet medal of honor is going to SUCK! smile.gif

it will be too linear and limit the player a lot.

nononononnooo!!! You're wrong! You have always been wrong and you always will be! AAAHHH!!!

In my opinion you can't say that GR is better than OFP or vice versa: those are different kinds of games (but still, I prefer OFP). I have only said what I don't like in GR but maybe the future patches will fix it and I uderstand that Cannon Fodder loves this game and ready to sacrifice all to show us how this game rox wink.gifsmile.gif

Medal of Honor? from the screenshots I saw it looks like Day of Defeat mod, but I haven't seen much and would be pleased if anyone will tell me of MoH.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from DEATH AT THE DOOR on 5:28 am on Nov. 24, 2001

Ok, I have to admit that the graphics in GR are really good, but you need a monster system to enjoy them completelly when OFP doen't need 2 much. Yeah, the levels in GR are way too foggy (no good sniping) and the real star of Flashpoint is the ability to drive vehicles.

Then a note about the storyline: we all know about the cold war and that type of situatin could theoretically exist. But what about GR's storyline?! "In near future, the reds are on the path of war again" WTF is that?! Seeing the condition of ex-USSR makes a grown man cry, so how could the reds do it again?!

<span id='postcolor'>

Well all uniforms and armour in GR are current issue (in fact they did exellent job on that, uniforms are very well done). But what does tick me off is that they totally ignore and twist current geopolitical facts in their storyline. It is Georgia that harbours terrorists, and it is Lithuania which openly discriminates against Russian minority living there (they try to "look good" before "international community" by treating Russians living there like dogs, somehow it doesnt work so they try treating them worse). Then this whole "ultra-nationalists come to power" BS is getting old and currently unbelivable. Putin is as nationalist as they get, and yet him and Bush throw friendly jokes at each other in Texan schools and then relax at Bush's rancho. But i guess according to Mr.Clancy Putin is brewing an "evil anti-American coup to return the old USSR!". And that is considering that for some odd reason GRU supplies US with tactical information on afghanistan and GRU "Spetsnaz" had been reported protecting key Northern Alliance figures.

I dont know how they managed to spoil the whole experience with a ignorant and openly offensive storyline, but they did do that for me.

One model in GR looks a digital beast. Trees are very ugly, to much fog......... The game have a good points too, afcourse. I would gave that game 7 out of 10. And i would gave OFP 9.3 out of 10. In anyway. I agree with Gamespot's review. They gave it 7.3. Those are the right scores.

I nothest that review of OFP is written by the same person as Ghost Recon. So, we all know why he gave the game only 7 points. He plaied to much OFP.

Hey Krechet, ummm it's a fukn game, get a grip on life. I think it's funny how some folks get bent so outta shape over a game. Shheeessh.

BTW spaceAlex, why did u twist your Signature. Bush didnt say "this cowardly acts"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from WisdoM on 7:16 pm on Nov. 24, 2001

BTW spaceAlex, why did u twist your Signature. Bush didnt say "this cowardly acts"<span id='postcolor'>

Well. Mybee you didn't heard him. I did. This was i think, his first speech or second, after attack. I'm almoust 100% that he sed that. If i'm wrong, tell me what did he sed, and i'll fix the problem.

Well. It's really not important, but if you wan't to prove that i'm wrong, i won't stop you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Black Op on 2:21 am on Nov. 25, 2001

the explosions on this game look pretty dam good smile.gif, there realistic, kicking up dirt, not a flame ball like ofp :biggrin:

<span id='postcolor'>

Yes.. I thought that was pretty cool too

Until I noticed that they "kick up dirt" when they explode in the air

OFPs contact grenades suck. The explosions look pretty cool.. lacking in graphics, but grenades do have (a bit) of an explosion, then dust & smoke.

I love those movies where a bamboo bridge explodes in a massive ball of flame... lol... hilarious

GR graphics are nothing special. Much like OFP graphics. Except OFP has about a million more things you can do. I often find myself walking up to a support guy trying to pick up his Minimi... lol. "d*amnit. I'm off to play OFP"

The Bradley in GR looks no better than the one in Half Life (crap)

GR has some neat little things.. AI which hides behind trees.. but thats all trivial really, nothing special about it. They still sit infront of the enemy and get themselves shot. The soldiers look ok. The guns look worse than RS - They sound cool, but unrealistic.

GR isnt something I'd pay for. I might honour redstorm by buying a burned version of it for $2.. & playing it when OFP crashes

Did I hear spacealex say that trees in GR suck?

umm.. I assume that must be because of his poor video card.

I like distant trees and close in trees aren't bad either.

Perhaps tad too much fog.. at least at the swamp its annoying, but in fact there should be alot fog anyway.

Have you guys ever looked at the streets in map M10?

Reflections from puddles are very nice!

Look like Delta Force 2, if you ask me.

But I'm going to buy it neverless.

How is the Multiplayer like??