Sign in to follow this  
Harnu

Day of defeat

I find it odd that many people are complaining about shotgun MGs while the true (auto)shotgun is MP-44. I mean it has great accuracy for automatic weapon, nice 30 rounds mag and more power than other smgs. In narrow maps it's the ultimate weapon. I remember capturing all points and killing all allies I saw along the way with another MP-44 player, in less than one minute.

It's not an SMG, it's the first ever (supplied to troops) assault rifle. IE it fires a rifle round, not a pistol round like an SMG.

Theres nothing wrong with using the MGs on the hip, it's not impossible.

d... all in all it is a very painless game to play.

I think I'm so frustrated is because there was a big change whith th newer versions. I remember playing the old, old, old beta versions. Guess I never adopted the newer versions.

Maybe I'll give it another try.

Yeah, in the newer version if you stick with a weapon or two and learn how to use them effectively, you become good.

But DoD is fun assuming you can find an admin heavy server (to ward off cheaters).

I was actually a very good grenadier. With the railgun, err kar, I could hit a moving target halfway across the map. But then, I doubt the game realistically programs bullets. So all you have to do is wait for them to get in your crosshair.

Anyways, I use to be really good with the Kar and MG34. As British, I was effective with the Bren and about the same with the Enfield. Americans, I was OK with their rifles and weapons.

But the game grew frustrating beyond the point of playability, often resorting in me swear and cursing even in the presence of god(father). Especially with the lame deaths.

A server like the kustom Kettle required you to run a program called "cheating-death" wich was quite effective in erradicating cheaters.

Even then ,since their were so many good players on that server you often had the feeling "he's cheating". tounge_o.gif

Much of the "cheating" in Dod only exists in the minds of those getting killed over and over again.

My favourite weapons were the Kar and the Mp40 ,Mp40 for its versatilety ,and Kar because overall it was simply the best weapon.Accurate ,1 shot kill even when firing standing up and even just when stopping on the move ,with a handy bayonet that was even effective in psychologicy demoralizing the enemy.Kar bayonetting was fun ,the mere mettaly sound of "tsjak-tsjak" was frightning enough to parralize most players so that you could kill them easily when fighting on close to eachother. biggrin_o.gif

True ,the Kar was hard to master ,especially in the earliest versions ,however when mastered this was the best weapon you could have.

Wait, was it implyed in this post that HL is now free?

Or am I acting with ineptitude again?

If it is free and that is the case...

I think it would be an appropriate time for me to frag some moderators. wink_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

It's not an SMG, it's the first ever (supplied to troops) assault rifle.  IE it fires a rifle round, not a pistol round like an SMG.

I know. But in DoD it can be compared easily with the real smgs or BAR, in narrow maps and close quarters combat I mean (or was it battle?).

I was great with the MP44 at long ranges. All you have to do is short, controlled bursts in front of a running target and you either hit them three times, twice, or once if your just holding the trigger down for a short burst.