Sign in to follow this  
Lucretius

Vehicle replacement

Is there any vehicle packs to replace the standard ones in operation flashpoint?

The BIS ones are starting to look a little dated these day's and some of the mod's are looking a lot better aesthetically. smile_o.gif

Moving to A&M:C as I feel it's more at home there. This topic will end up in user-made addons anyway. ;)

Change the config.bin to a config .ccp or get it from INQ's mod (he's already converted it for you) and now just type the file name of the model you wish to convert it to i.e.

if I want to change lets say a officer to a coustom one I d/led, I will do the following.

Lets say the officer addon is in officer.pbo (this contains officer model [a .p3d file and textures] and the relevant textures [usually .pac or .paa rarely .jpeg]. Anyway i would find the configs of the officer in config.ccp and in there there is a line which says the model it should used you will change it to the following

model="officer (the pbos names)\soilder1.p3d (the model inside the pbo's name)" [remember to ignore the brackets and leave no spaces.]

to find the models name de-pbo the addon.

Oh yeah you will need to convert the config.ccp back to config.bin but remember to keep a backup of the original so if anythign stuffs up you can replace it to the default.

Once you've converted your first addon the resty are easy. But note you may loose you ability to play MP.

Well here's what I have done.

I've converted

Suchey's troops (reskinned) to replace the default troops

SIG M1a1 (MAF textures) to replace m1a1

actully all of sigs tanks have replaced all the default ones for me.

MAF 5ton replaced all default 5tons

Crew replaced by MAF 1st CDA.

and here's a pic to get you started

CPL_2.jpg

CPL_3.jpg

As you can see the default troops have been replaced

Man, sucheys troops look good in regular woodland! Quote GIMME! End quote. tounge_o.gif

Cop Punishment is there ne chance u could post your config file here plz plz plz Im hopeless with editing config files and it would b greatly appreciated biggrin_o.gif

Give those texture to Suchey and Earl so they can release an updated version with two types of camo!

I´d like to have marines in regular woodland....

I'd definitely like to replace the default BIS models and such to what corporal_punishment has but editing the config file is completely over my head.

Maybe someone could set something like that where you could use it in a mod file (like ECP). Something you could turn off if you wanted to play without it or play online.

Just a thought.

he should replace the most of original vehicle/units before publishment (if he want to do a pretty work)

Hey corporal punishment how do you change the bin files into .cpp files. Can't find the tool

I couldn't find the tool anywhere and the FAQ wasn't much help sad_o.gif .

So I got it from INQ's weapon pack the only downside is that your default weapns are replaced by high detail weapons, but in the d/l file there is a config.bin already converted into a config.ccp (you can d/l it at his page under addons).

Then edit to the addons you want and then change it to a config.bin

still havnt answered the request to hook us up with your config.bin with the changed vehicals. actualy if ur not too busy change the GMR explosion config bins to use the listed changes (new abrams, suchys troops, inq weapons.. the works) biggrin_o.gif please

yes corp punishment plz release it for us! wink_o.gif do it for us people who are hopeless at changing all of the stuff.

Yes, I have GMRmod, with INQ, blood, and DR and I am just waiting for someone to release a superconfig with replacement units and vehicles for all the default models/textures (I may be waiting a while!)  wink_o.gif

As it stands the only replacements I have are for the few vehicles that are found in the addons folder.

cp is thinking to himself right now "why in the hell did i tell them i had that config? why why why?" lol

help us CP you are our gawd now. show us the light biggrin_o.gif

Okay I'll make a deal when BAS release the Woodland version of their desert pack and RHS release their t72s and t80s I'll rewrite the config to support these addons, I will also reskin Suchey's troops properly so they represent Soviet and US troops.

and include the GMR config (perferably the one in flamer mode with the INQ weapons, blood, and DR sound pack) we love you.. but in a plutonic way tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

wouldnt it maybe be a great old idea to replace the troops with the wgl version??

(Can I do this myself? Wouldnt I need to know all the wgl soldier names and all their filenames somehow?)

(They never released those i think)

wouldnt it maybe be a great old idea to replace the troops with the wgl version??

(Can I do this myself? Wouldnt I need to know all the wgl soldier names and all their filenames somehow?)

(They never released those i think)

um if you can de-pbo the addon then open the config.ccp and look at the file names, if that doesn't work, there would be harder ways of finding out and i need to discuss this with other modders of my order who are both wise and powerful.

hey cp I found the utilility i needed to get the .cpp file. If you could show me just a few more examples, like how to change weapons and units I should be able to do it myself

thanks for the response biggrin_o.gif

looks like i'm gonna hafto wait with the rest of these guy's then tounge_o.gif

sample here too, i just editing config.bin files and

Replaced Guba, looks good smile_o.gif

in campaign screen

093.jpg