Sign in to follow this  
m79

Info on Upgrade 4

"Just read over at ofpmatch.com regarding some news they have from Simon at Codemasters :

There's been a few sites talking about a christmas release patch for Operation Flashpoint, is this true?

News to me, though I've just found out from our own designers this is true! Good to know how good the communication is around here!! Upgrade 4 will comprise of further code updates, a new multi-player mission and possibly a new weapon. This will be confirmed as I find out more.

So another upgrade will be great, hopefully to also fix some repatching and re installing issues I am hearing reports of since 1.30."

Possible a new weapon.....SWEEEEETTTT!!!!!!!

Sweet news indeed!

Keep up the good work BIS and this will hopefully be the ultimate OFP version.

new weapon?..any info on it?

..i hope its a mortar.....(not likely)

wot is it with pete and mortars....... geez.

i hope its a shoulder launched nuclear missile

LOL

...I hope it's a grenade launcher!!! smile.gif

They have finally broke down and are now making this new Vehicle for me, for all the Tech Work I do for BIS

As for the New weapon, my sources tell me it's a 22 riffle, we seem to have a gopher problem in many of the blood soaked fields in the OFP theather

It's seems some now have Rabies, and have to be put down

(Edited by RN Malboeuf at 2:21 pm on Dec. 18, 2001)

I don't give a f**k about anything but weapons and new vehicles because I don't have problem with anything in the game.....I'd love to see a mission builder though that you could place stuff while seeing the in-game view.......

Thats what Preview is for, it does the job fine.

OFP needs a real netcode (dont tell me the current one is good because you all should know d*amn well it's useless)

Better aircraft realism too!

I don't want any new Addons, I want the most serious Bugs to be fixed.

The more new stuff, the more new problems, especialy with units and equipment that allready was fine, untill the next upgrade came.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from theavonlady on 7:45 am on Nov. 30, 2001

I want that AW50 I saw at Virtual Battlefield System.

<span id='postcolor'>

It looks like BIS pulled the Steyr AUG straight from the VBS1 software, so getting the Barrett is not outside the realms of possiblity.

However the Harrier; the S-65 Super Stallion; the AAVP7A1; the Tiger; and the M249 Saw which all appear in the VBS1 would all be welcome additions to the game, though not at the expense of some more Russian stuff, its usually much more exotic.

Makes you wonder who are the US and Aussies fighting against in VBS? It seems really lopsided that only US and Australians are getting all the new addons.

Unless..............................

The Aussies and US are fighting each other!

As for the gopher problem, use satchels and pull a Carl from Caddyshack!  wink.gif

Or, send "Hunter" from OILWAR...  He & that shotgun are otherwise useless...  smile.gif

(My buddies & I finally beat that map last night!  We stole the T-72 from the commies.  But then again, we suck...)