Sign in to follow this  
-SWAF-Stolz

Places

I am czech. Old OFP was super for becouse islands was unreal and fictive. But cities were super becouse it was cities that really exist but not in world somewhere on battlefield but really in czech. And it was the best thing. When I was shooting ruskyes near our hut in Frymburg. (yes we really have hut there) or when we were attacking Kvilda (highest placed town in czech).

So I think that should be better to dont place OFP somewhere to Africa or Asia where you will be in reall place. This was much more. My suggestion is to do fictivr areas again with this names wink_o.gif

The "Eastern Europe" campaign will almost certainly be Czech-themed. As for Africa and Asia, BIS could create their own fictional islands for each.

Africa isn't on the list anymore. And I know Marek Spanel said that you would be fighting in Czechoslovakia, but that was still in the "70's" days...don't know how that would translate to modern times. sad_o.gif

I really hope most of it won't be based in vietnam. when do the developers (with this I mean other companies not just BIS) abandon Vietnam and WW2 and go on with Korea or something. maybe WW1 biggrin_o.gif

Hmm, maby they do the vietnam campain in present day, and the Europe campain in the 70's...

That would be a change...  wink_o.gif

Africa isn't on the list anymore. And I know Marek Spanel said that you would be fighting in Czechoslovakia, but that was still in the "70's" days...don't know how that would translate to modern times. sad_o.gif

NO AFRICA ?! I had hope that even africa would have come.

So you mean we just have East-Europa and Asia left ??

Quote[/b] ]NO AFRICA ?! I had hope that even africa would have come.

We already have Tonal biggrin_o.gif .

We already have Tonal

we have SEB NAM too... so why should they bother even making vietnam?

I was really waiting for Africa... and as one of my friends said yugoslavia would be just perfect.

They are doing something modern. It's not set in the '70s anymore. All we know is that Asia and Europe will be the locations in the game. No more info.

WWI? Are you drunk? A horse drawn carriage throwing stones at the enemy or something?!

Quote[/b] ]we have SEB NAM too... so why should they bother even making vietnam?

Because by current standards, SEB NAM is not exactly up to shape.

Quote[/b] ]I was really waiting for Africa

And you got it. Not everything has to come from BIS, I'm sure BAS will be around to improve Tonal to OFP 2 quality biggrin_o.gif .

WWI? Are you drunk? A horse drawn carriage throwing stones at the enemy or something?!

obviously you don't know much about that show...

and btw I might have been drunk and I don't see any problem with it. I'm possibly drunk again tonight

Promessis is broken, no Africa and no 70's.

Whats next ??

BI crew, confirm what you are gone do. 70's or not ?

I'm slowly beginning to fear the worst. urban war in big cities like new york. CQB with pocketsized SMGs and sniping from rooftops. lately I've got this feeling that it's the thing people want...

I want variety!

I dont care if its set in a real world place or in some fictional Soviet block islands....OFP and Resistance islands were good because I found good variety in terrain when selecting places for my missions.

Mountains- Nogova or Kolgujev

Plains- Malden

Forrests with high visibility- Nogova or Everon

Forrests with low visibility- Malden

Larger towns- Nogova or Everon

Small towns- Malden

Best Military bases- Nogova, Malden

Warehouses- Nogova

Flat desert- Northern Malden

Hilly desert- Nogova

Bridges- Nogova

Ruins- Kolgujev or Nogova

I dont give a rats ass where the game is set, I just want even more variety in terrain and settings. Better boat docks, more warehouse districts, power plants, more cliffs, Rivers, natural caves or crevices to hide in, I could go on for hours..but I wont

Have nice day! smile_o.gif

I got an idea about variety. first tune up the game and put it where ever whatever decade. then maybe do some expansions. the conflicts from the beginning of 20th century to these days. "The century of modern warfare" biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I'm slowly beginning to fear the worst. urban war in big cities like new york. CQB with pocketsized SMGs and sniping from rooftops. lately I've got this feeling that it's the thing people want...

And I highly doubt that OFP 2 will be about warfare in large cities. I think changing the OFP engine to handle large-scale urban warfare would be too extreme.

Hopefully the new islands in OFP 2 will keep that wonderful rural feeling that all their islands (Especially Nogova) had.

Bigger urbanized areas aside with countryside would be neat. I mean, 5km x 5km (too big?) sized little towns or cities and big forests, mountains, hills or fields surrounding them.

OT: I just can't wait for OFP2   crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  smile_o.gif

When I ask for cqb, I just want something like the SAS hostage crisis to be possible. Large scale urban combat can become very lame especially with crime scenarios.

When I ask for cqb, I just want something like the SAS hostage crisis to be possible. Large scale urban combat can become very lame especially with crime scenarios.

we got the rainbow six series and stuff like that for people's hostage rescue needs.

I guess that's a point but what I mean is that you have all these mission makers that try to enforce cqb on the player especially Nagual in his Delta Hostage Rescue Mission (cluster-phobic clipping and AI that doesn't follow you tightly). Probably it's not the fault of the maps but when your fanbase keeps on making CQB situations there should map layouts that should better facilitate CQB like cover points, ect.

Hm, maybe you have a point. I'll give it a rest.

Oh! but I want buildings to have as few clipping issues as possible! tounge_o.gif

smile_o.gif Okay, I'll shut up about CQB even if there's a discussion

if people want CQB so much why do they even play OFP...

That's right, if people want CQB they play Delta Force Black Hawk Down, OFP is for large open area warfare wink_o.gif