Sign in to follow this  
Lt_Damage

Australia - world's largest island

Initial work on the streets of Melbourne.

/avon scratches australia off vacation ideas list

Borrows coin from Avon and does the same with the Emirates travel brouchore  tounge_o.gif

Btw will there be a Ayers rock and local Aborgines like Tonal? Would be awesome for bandit sort a missions  wink_o.gif

Ummm... "Aboriginal bandits" won't be featuring.. neither will most misconceptions about Australia. No giant crocadiles roaming the streets, no killer Koalas wink_o.gif

Ayers rock is completed but awaiting correct textures, same with the desert sand which is temporarily using Nogova textures. Australia has uniquely red sand which we will need to get made once we find someone to help with textures. It can wait though, alot of other things to do. smile_o.gif

Thanks for your support Avon...  sad_o.gif

Those buildings look like the eastern European Soviet era tenament variety.

Where are the big private homes with the pools in the backyard?

Ah damn i would have loved some red neckish blokes hanging about who would shoot at you for fun tounge_o.gif , like tonals militia folks anyway what about drop bears? biggrin_o.gif

I know a person whos making a australian map myself he plans on making a open cut mine and stuff plus a Northern aussies look perhaps you could combine your efforts eh?

Btw will there be a Ayers rock and local Aborgines like Tonal? Would be awesome for bandit sort a missions  wink_o.gif

Don't count on the Aboriginal part. There really is alot the world needs to learn about Australian culture.

Lets just say, if ever we were to depict aboriginals like some kind of rougue bandit. The PC (politically correct) police would have a field day lecturing ya all.

I say this map looks like a good venue for a freindly little cross-tasman rivalry.

We'll hurl Croc Hunters at you whilst you hurl potential dole bludgers at us. All through CoC Artillery.

Fair? rock.gif  tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

No you got me wrong i never said the aborgines were rogue bandits or something i was merely saying if we got them that part in OFP over all they couldbe locals but in OFP they would go against the soldiers biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for your support Avon...  sad_o.gif

Those buildings look like the eastern European Soviet era tenament variety.

Where are the big private homes with the pools in the backyard?

We are not making models, this will not be a 150mb addon pack download. This will be accessible to everyone requiring very little to download.

The houses with pools in their backyard are great but what purpose do they serve in missions? None, so why make players download extra useless stuff?

The island will be for fun, for a blend of realism and its coming along nicely.

Keep the comments coming, both negative and positive, all helps shape the island.

No you got me wrong i never said the aborgines were rogue bandits or something i was merely saying if we got them that part in OFP over all they couldbe locals but in OFP they would go against the soldiers  biggrin_o.gif

We aren't making models, we are just making the island, there will be only minor modelling done, in regards to street and highway signs for the cities and certain unmistakable Australian landmarks.

No you got me wrong i never said the aborgines were rogue bandits or something i was merely saying if we got them that part in OFP over all they couldbe locals but in OFP they would go against the soldiers  biggrin_o.gif

We aren't making models, we are just making the island, there will be only minor modelling done, in regards to street and highway signs for the cities and certain unmistakable Australian landmarks.

*sigh*

No Sydney Opera house to demolish with a T-80  sad_o.giftounge_o.gif

Or will you guys make one?

Will have to wait and see, we have our hands full with just the island right now.

..and what about volcanos on New Zealand rock.gif Are these volcanos active on your map rock.gif

volcano.jpg

tounge_o.gif

If those in Australia can give me a town where they live and a description of what their house should be like I'll add it in.

Adelaide: An east-west rectangled shaped city. With Two of every church modelled in game! With a few minor Skyscrapers, surrounded by a rectngled parkland which is surronded by homes.

When you get to the point where you think you've place enough homes for the Adelaide suburbs. Put a reasonably big, old house ( my house) north of the last suburban house near a road that goes north and keeps going towards Darwin, and a junction that heads North-East to sydney. (40km's north of adelaide IRL)

This junction is basically my town, called Gawler, but it's probably too close to Adelaide to matter about the name. Put a hotel on the mainstreet (mainstreet heading north-south) of this town, with some houses, eateries, a church, town hall (the resistance building with the clock will do and of course a war memorial. In the town should be trees, and between the northernmost suburbs of Adelaide and this town, should be farmland. The farmland should go north until you hit desert.

That's not too detailed I hope.   wink_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

Ah....Norwood here buddy smile_o.gif

Adelaide could be fun to model. And BTW LT....I know someone is already at work on making the Sydney Opera House. Drop me a line and I'll put you in touch wink_o.gif

Oh and the desert does need to be bigger. smile_o.gif

Adelaide could be fun to model. And BTW LT....I know someone is already at work on making the Sydney Opera House. Drop me a line and I'll put you in touch  wink_o.gif

Oh and the desert does need to be bigger.  smile_o.gif

The people who are working on Adelaide are from Adelaide, I'm working on Victoria first because I'm from Victoria, so it's easier for me to start on.

Same deal with NSW, so when we get to doing that area we'll get in touch with the person doing the Opera house.

In regards to the desert thats not started, let alone finished, it was textured roughly to give as a guide and start planning, we need to get the right sand texture first smile_o.gif

We are getting there, its a fun project to work on, making the country where you live, even funnier is people who don't live in Australia telling us Australians how to make our own island tounge_o.gif

If any of you guys are interested in making a town to bomb, make it shepparton, victoria. 2 Hrs from melbourne, but on the map it should only take 5 minites to get there.

We are not making models, this will not be a 150mb addon pack download.

Great!! tonal almost melted my modem 0n 28.8k

Island looks Great.

Great Stuff

NZ and AUssie can finally go to war lol

You need any help with NZ?

Whos doing the work on that?

Great Stuff

NZ and AUssie can finally go to war lol

You need any help with NZ?

Whos doing the work on that?

Doc is working on NZ, if you wish to place finishing touches learn to use wrptool and get in contact with me on adamm_@hotmail.com

Will Ayers Rock be on there?

Ayers rock is there and I have just had word textures have been made for the Australian desert. I will have pictures when we have the first tests of the textures done.

edit-

Early texture work has been done for the desert.. there is still plenty of adjustment to be done in regards to textures and terrain, just remember we only started this project last week. tounge_o.gif

ayersrock.jpg

Please do make some models, seeing 1960s soviet slab construction on such a good island is a real pity!

Please do make some models, seeing 1960s soviet slab construction on such a good island is a real pity!

We will do everything possible without the aid of non-ofp textures and models, then we will assess whether it is worth making players download more by adding more models.

There is also the issue that we don't really have any modelers except me.. and you saw my hilux :P

Lt. Just put a shed with a sign say Denver in Victoria near Ballarat. There my house. And who was saying about rednecks. I AM ONE. Me and my dad drive around in a ford you with Bundie stickers on em and truck head lights. biggrin_o.gif

COOOL!!!!!!!