Sign in to follow this  
Harnu

Flashpoint2.com updated?

As the old thread about the site is too old to be dug up, and my search yeilded no further info about this. I just checked out flashpoint2.com and noticed the old era TV is gone, and now there is no picture. Replaced by a Supersoni X flat television, but no broadcasting. What this all about?

http://www.flashpoint2.com/

Just noticed it and you beat me to posting biggrin_o.gif

Those look like they are from ofp1  rock.gif

They are all with modern era stuff, isn't OFP2 supposed to be in the 1970's?

edit:

On the bottom theres a long rectangle just on the bottom of the screen. It folds out for more buttons. You can get more channels from them.

thats what bugged me as well, i have a feeling BIS changed theaters of ops as well as the era

also notice they implemented animals biggrin_o.gif

I think the change of TV from a 60's Black and White to a modern Flat Screen is pretty indicative of what BIS intends to do with OFP2.

If that is so then im happier, although theres nothing our excellent Mod community cant change im glad BIS hopefully are planning a more up to date OFP2.

I'm guessing that Maruk ended up getting himself a TV for christmas. wonder if Ondrej will steal it and put it in his room tounge_o.gif

i really hope MAruk did not go on a shopping spree like a girl. tounge_o.gifghostface.gifcrazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

blah! only 4 channels.

my guess is that those screenies might be just a show. am i only one thinkning BAS addons are used in one of them?

anyway, one of the screenies had a soldier aiming iwht M16+M203 ,and has a water canteen on his helmet. pretty consistent to what i've seen in Vietnam photos.

blah! only 4 channels.

my guess is that those screenies might be just a show. am i only one thinkning BAS addons are used in one of them?

anyway, one of the screenies had a soldier aiming iwht M16+M203 ,and has a water canteen on his helmet. pretty consistent to what i've seen in Vietnam photos.

Same here, I thought it was some BAS stuff too.

blah! only 4 channels.

I don't think the M203 was around in Vietnam.  They used the M79.  AFAIK.

oh thank you Mr. picky. 1 week ban.

tounge_o.gif

yes, that pick smells more like Vietnam, and other one where a soldier is aiming from left behind a rock to right handside has some detail like what seems like a vest.

Quote[/b] ]Same here, I thought it was some BAS stuff too.

either that or they finally got around making Hueys and other choppers too. i heard early in the release of OFPR that there was definition of a huey class or something like that, but it seems like BIS had to make the deadline and it was not complete.

He should have got a digital TV so we could see those screenies with better clarity. tounge_o.gif

Hmm, a littlebird. BAS's work or BIS's work?

Also noticed a four bladed huey like chopper in one of the littler pictures (USMC......probably, as it has a four bladed rotor, thus it's not a griffon), as well as a grey A-10 (Mayby Inquisitors work?).

I hate being teased so much, but you BIS boys can enjoy it while it lasts.

I hate to be a bug in the rug, but most of those look like pictures taken from mods for the current OFP. I swear I've seen a couple of those before.

I hate to be a bug in the rug, but most of those look like pictures taken from mods for the current OFP. I swear I've seen a couple of those before.

Yea but they do show new features (well at least different than in OFP). Look at the Littlebird cockpit lighting or the M2A2 sand dust ... In ofp you can't make it like that!

Hmm....very interesting indeed.

Swapping the old TV for a modern flatscreen.

Quote[/b] ]Experience the best modern military equipment.
Quote[/b] ]As part of an international coalition contingent your team will be deployed to dismantle a significant threat to the free world.
Quote[/b] ]The world has changed.  Heightened tensions across the globe have created the need for pre-emptive action to ensure ongoing stability.

There is something about all this that really doesn't scream 60's-70's era conflicts as was suggested before.

I draw the following conclusions (as inconclusive as they still remain)

1) BIS have changed their mind and decided to base OFP2 on modern military scenarios. smile_o.gif

2) They have plans to set OFP2 in multi-era military scenarios. biggrin_o.gif

3) They just thought 'Tell u what, let's totally screw with their heads so they don't have a clue what we gonna do' (which has kinda worked on me already crazy_o.gif )

How 'bout this, the aforementioned 60's-70's era based conflicts and also a totally fictional modern WWIII-esque, global conflict?

Blah blah blah....you'll buy it anyway, as will I tounge_o.gif

Stop bitchin', enjoy your Xmas Present or Santa will spank you! I think this is very neat biggrin_o.gif

Ehm....who was bitching?? Not me. I mearly said that i thought it was quite strange how the vision of OFP2 that BIS are giving us now, albeit a vague one, is not the same as the one they gave us previously. wink_o.gif

Yes, i will buy it regardless of what era it is set and what kind of military it contains as i know that no matter what the base game is like, the awesome community we have will totally change the face of it anyways with great mods and addons.

If i had to choose, i would rather it be based on modern warfare than a 60's-70's era but multi-era scenarios would really kick ass.

im just very happy its gonna be modern stuff

they might of been using some extra vbs technology for ofp2

ill end up buying it either way but ill buy it 4 sure if its modern

One of the pic is from Black hawk down. Sgt Sanderson laying in a the dirt with rocks in the air.

STOP TEASING ME BIS  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH  sad_o.gif

batdog

*edit- It sez battle across Europe and Asia. What happeded to Africa. I was lookin forward to tat.

Yeah, I was looking forward to Africa. And where do you guys see animals?  rock.gif

Edit: And those screenshots are from the VBS1 promo (with the Marines looking at stuff on the wall) and what looks like Tonal and BAS stuff to me.

Quote[/b] ]looks like Tonal and BAS stuff to me.

Naughty BIS tounge_o.gif !

The picture under the Join the Community heading looks like a British Lynx to me, not a huey.  Something about an international coalition is also mentioned on the site.

Looks like all of you "forenurz" can quit ur complaining about all the US stuff  biggrin_o.gif

Edit: I dont see any animals either rock.gif

It says stuff about animals on the bottom scroller news reel thingy. Read it, for a while, as it doesn't repeat at the same rate as the main picture. wink_o.gif

As for the possible use of user made addons in OFP2, I'm sure I read somewhere that BIS is well within it's rights to use those addons for it's own purposes. I don't know much about the legalities, but somewhere in the Oxygen legal disclaimers, I read somewhere that BIS can reserve the right to use materials created using it's programs for it's own puposes.

Anyway, I'd be rather proud if any of the stuff I'd make was put into a game officially, especially if you were to gain recognition for your work.