Sign in to follow this  
omon

Cheaters!

We have Res server running. (1.91)

And it has file checker that check all dta files.

And server has rule that Mod files = ban.

We try to have Cheating FREE Server.

NASF Ban us all from there server because they think we suck and we are noobies.

And they play on USI server cuz it doesn’t have file checker.

When they connect says modified res/data.pbo files they say oh man its my No Cd Crack or they say its my REAL SOUNDS.

Some times this messages comes out for people who didn’t install res right, or from some copy. But this people don’t shoot from fog, or kill u inside of the forest from 500 yards.

Seriously this fucking retarded kids should be banned from all servers they ruing the game. There is no more point to play it then.

Here is one pic of one fag.

realsoundsmyass.jpg

Here is link where our ban list is http://www.ofps.net/cheaters/ban.asp

I hope you do the same.

Omon

wink_o.gif

NASF Ban us all from there server because they think we suck and we are noobies.

When they connect says modified res/data.pbo files they say oh man its my No Cd Crack or they say its my REAL SOUNDS.

Some times this messages comes out for people who didn’t install res right, or from some copy. But this people don’t shoot from fog, or kill u inside of the forest from 500 yards.

Seriously this fucking retarded kids should be banned from all servers they ruing the game. There is no more point to play it then.

http://www.ofps.net/cheaters/realsoundsmyass.jpg

I hope you do the same.

Omon

wink_o.gif

rock.gif

*Consigliere hands out his finest quality chill pills developed over the years using the finest ingredients...*

Dude...Why ban people who use mod folders?  rock.gif

So that pretty much rules out anybody who's having memory map errors or who simply wants to organize their addons...Nice icon8.gif

I still say playing with people you KNOW is the best preventative measure out there. Don't like that? Does it reduce the amount of people you normally like playing with. Then you've got to deal with the concept that people you may not know and trust might cheat. OFP is flexible and because of that some people exploit it for the wrong reasons. That's why I never play with people I don't know. Simple as that.

I think if BIS made ofp more secure by not allowing people to customize the game the way they like it. I'd enjoy this game far less without the ability to change the game to suit the way I (and thereby through persuasion my friends) play the game.

Still. Yeah. Cheaters are stupid. I think anyone who uses one of those card tuners to jack up their viewable drawdistance other than that set by the server is the most blatant and hard to curtail cheat of all.

ppl can cheat with 1.91 and full checkfiles without having no msg, the only way is 1.92 with equalModRequired=1, and filecheck of data files, g36/steyr and merged.pbo

Ahh...merged.pbo...That's something I've seen more and more of...Anyone care to explain what it is/means?

well i see that alot on USI AND NASF CLAN

i really do not like this idea sad_o.gif

i get such msg's on almost every server 'cause i have russian version. but i have never modified any of these files and never used cheats! so u will ban me for NOTHING if i join your server.

i really do not like this idea sad_o.gif

i get such msg's on almost every server 'cause i have russian version. but i have never modified any of these files and never used cheats! so u will ban me for NOTHING if i join your server.

hey bro.

this people all in US. (NASF, USI)

Yes you have to feel sorry for the Russians who get a loada stick cos they display the modified \Res and \DTA messages when they join a server...

Relax on the name calling and accusations.  Calling people "fucking retarded kids" and "fags" certainly doesn't lend validity to your arguments.

For the record I was involved in some very intense checkfiles research both for our server 'The Citadel" and for the WarGames league.  Zinco from [uSMC] has also spent many countless hours in pursuit of the same thing.

I will just touch on a couple things that we determined through our research:

1. Checkfiles can be wildly inaccurate, and can be influenced by ambient network and hardware conditions.

2. Just because someone throws an error indicating a modified file doesn't prove they cheat.

3. Certain addons have the ability to cause modified messages for both data.pbo and dat3d.pbo.

4. Aboslute clean installs of OFP from a legally purchased CD, without addons, and without modified EXE's, has still resulted in a modified file error on ocassion.

5. Disk controller errors or failing harddrives can modify the CRC value of the file and result in a false positive.

6. CRC values of the PBO's on a dedicated server sometimes became corrupted and resulted in anyone joining getting an error message.

7. Monitoring of data.pbo and data3d.pbo is pointless due to many addons causing false positives.  The more important files to watch out for and always proved accurate in our testing was merged.pbo and config.bin.

8. Merged.pbo is where the soldier uniform textures are stored and where certain cheaters "spike" or paint fluorescent colors onto the uniforms so players stand out instead of being camoflaged.

9 The only files that the WarGames league concluded that are reliable enough to arouse suspicion are merged.pbo and config.bin.

10. Checkfiles does not work properly on Linux dedicated servers.

11. Certain European versions of files have different CRC values than North American copies.

12. Some sound mods do cause false positive checkfiles errors or messages.  The infamous and oft seen "Subdivisions" message is one example, which I belive is caused by Stachel's sound addon if memory serves me.

13. Shooting through fog has nothing to do with modified files and everything to do with people disabling "cloudlets" in their OFP config.

All I can say about NASF is that they just complted their first season in the WarGames league, and have never been accused of cheating nor did they appear to be "superhuman" during any of their games.  They have always played with honor and have made a meaningful contribution to the league.

Do some people cheat? Sure.  Is it as prevalent as everyone thinks? No.  Sometimes, belive it or not, players are just that good or just real lucky.

Just my .02 cents...spend it as you like.

Yep. My bet is that those people were not cheating. However it is a perfectly valid policy to not allow modified config messeges on a server.

Radishville has this policy, and false modified config messages really don't seem to happen that often when I play there. Because the admins all know me, they don't freak out when I join and I'm running ECP, but for people they don't know that get these messages, they boot.

My suggestion is to not ban these people. Be POLITE and explain that it is the server's policy to not allow any mod's running. It's not that hard to restart OFP without the mods, and rejoin. If they refuse, kick them, if they continuouly rejoin with modified files, and have a abd attitude then ban them.

Relax on the name calling and accusations.  Calling people "fucking retarded kids" and "fags" certainly doesn't lend validity to your arguments.

For the record I was involved in some very intense checkfiles research both for our server 'The Citadel" and for the WarGames league.  Zinco from [uSMC] has also spent many countless hours in pursuit of the same thing.

I will just touch on a couple things that we determined through our research:

1. Checkfiles can be wildly inaccurate, and can be influenced by ambient network and hardware conditions.

2. Just because someone throws an error indicating a modified file doesn't prove they cheat.

3. Certain addons have the ability to cause modified messages for both data.pbo and dat3d.pbo.

4. Aboslute clean installs of OFP from a legally purchased CD, without addons, and without modified EXE's, has still resulted in a modified file error on ocassion.

5. Disk controller errors or failing harddrives can modify the CRC value of the file and result in a false positive.

6. CRC values of the PBO's on a dedicated server sometimes became corrupted and resulted in anyone joining getting an error message.

7. Monitoring of data.pbo and data3d.pbo is pointless due to many addons causing false positives.  The more important files to watch out for and always proved accurate in our testing was merged.pbo and config.bin.

8. Merged.pbo is where the soldier uniform textures are stored and where certain cheaters "spike" or paint fluorescent colors onto the uniforms so players stand out instead of being camoflaged.

9 The only files that the WarGames league concluded that are reliable enough to arouse suspicion are merged.pbo and config.bin.

10. Checkfiles does not work properly on Linux dedicated servers.

11. Certain European versions of files have different CRC values than North American copies.

12. Some sound mods do cause false positive checkfiles errors or messages.  The infamous and oft seen "Subdivisions" message is one example, which I belive is caused by Stachel's sound addon if memory serves me.

13. Shooting through fog has nothing to do with modified files and everything to do with people disabling "cloudlets" in their OFP config.

All I can say about NASF is that they just complted their first season in the WarGames league, and have never been accused of cheating nor did they appear to be "superhuman" during any of their games.  They have always played with honor and have made a meaningful contribution to the league.

Do some people cheat? Sure.  Is it as prevalent as everyone thinks? No.  Sometimes, belive it or not, players are just that good or just real lucky.

Just my .02 cents...spend it as you like.

bs ho

I thinks thats a good enough reason to ban those kiddies. Or start using beta versions of ofp.

I hope you do the same.

Omon

wink_o.gif

Actually, checkfiles produces false warnings very often, and if i wanted to i could use any cheat without checkfiles finding it. So checkfiles is no help against cheating at all, especially not with servers that have version 1.91 or below...

If you want to be safe you have to use v1.92 or v1.94 on the server in combination with equalmodrequired and some clever checking setup.

You are right in that a modified data.pbo has nothing to do with sounds or nocd cracks, but besides that you seem to know nothing about checkfiles and cheating in ofp. And i don't like people that accuse other in public without so much as a proof. If you would know one little bit about checkfiles you would know how unreliable it is...

[Correct facts about checkfiles and its limitations]

bs ho

You do not know much about ofp servers at all it seems.

I've played with (and against NASF) many times, and never seen anything suspicious. I think they just had a really good game and perhaps lucky at times and may seem to some less experienced players as cheating.

Thanks for that info Sgt. Rock, and hope to see you in wargames maybe... smile_o.gif

i think this thread is stupid y

you can do everything possible and someone will always find a way to cheat

this is like the war on drugs it will never be won

So will disabling "cloudlets" simply remove the effects of smoke from weapons explosions and/or smoke grenades. Or does it allow you to also see beyond the normal drawdistance set by the server?

Disabling cloudlets has no effect on viewdistance, but does affect smoke producing devices and fog. In fact, setting a low viewdistance on foggy maps is a good way to prevent foghackers. wink_o.gif

So will disabling "cloudlets" simply remove the effects of smoke from weapons explosions and/or smoke grenades. Or does it allow you to also see beyond the normal drawdistance set by the server?

yeah, anything and everything that is a puff of something is effect. no exhaust explosions smoke or drpo effects etc

Do you also know the new NVIDIA drivers don't show fog?

Bannings a drastic move for anything unsubstantiated, especially in the "dwindling" years of OFP.

Modified DTA files is another story but Mod files are 1 of the few things keeping some servers running and their players playing.

Lol I'd like to have a sound off of every member and or moderator here that uses Mod folders.

Well up until a few minutes ago I used Mod folders, because the wiseguy I am just realised that seeing as I was using 1.94, I didn't actually need to use Mod folders, because 1.94 solved the green screen bug for me smile_o.gif

Checkfiles does not check modfolders. If i wanted to cheat i would put my cheat pbos into a modfolder and cheat away without a chance of checkfiles finding me. The only option to prevent this is to disallow modfolders at all with the equalmodrequired option. This is only available for 1.92+ servers.

Checkfiles produces errors as was described in this forum for nearly a year now in great detail. Zinco and i had lots of discussions about it. There were people with the same file as the server (checked with md5sum) which got modified warnings on my server. And Zinco found more of that....

So, all in all, Omon has a server which "encourages" cheating, as it is 1.91, which cannot detect modified pbos, but he publicly denounces players because of something that may as well be a well known bug. I use Kegetys HiSky pack, which modifies data.pbo. If i had not put it into a modfolder but into the res/dta(/hwtl) folder, i would get that warning on his server too. Although i do not cheat. But as i have it in a modfolder his server will never know that i play with a modified data.pbo anyway. For someone who tells us he is against cheating this sounds strange to me. Why has he setup his server to allow cheating but comes here telling us he is against cheaters and we should ban a certain squad? Especially a squad everyone else only told good things about?