Sign in to follow this  
MLF

French headscarf ban recommended

Well considering you had secular leanings so i thought you would generally? smile_o.gif

Yeah... obviously all people who do not beleive in the Quran beleive in something else, and they all believe in angels....... rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Dont you believe there could be life out there then?

*could be* is not the same as *I believe in aliens.*

Quote[/b] ]

Excuse me there are lots claims in it that are true , read before you spout crap , The Quran tells about the Universes Expansion , it also tells about its contraction , it also supports the theory of evolution , it also predicts the end of the world and even said about the Plate movements 1400 year ago plus many more facts.

I'll quote those to you if you want.

No, it doesn't. There are some vague wooly ramblings that can be interpreted to mean something approximating real facts, IF you look at it with hindsight. Its like a horoscope: zero facts, vague statements that can be taken to mean anything.

If you're going to quote something, it had better be on the lines of 'The speed of light in a vaccum is ....' not vague twaddle.

Neither was the religion made up by old men (some were probbaly but not the divine ones) who wanted to see their societys changed no one goes through all that crap they did no one bears so much nonsense and hate for nothing.

Yes they do. People are stupid and get brainwashed. Are you saying that because people suffered for their beliefs that makes them true? So every single religion in the world is true? Do you need the problem in that scenario explained for you? They cannot all be true - they contradict each other.

Quote[/b] ]

If you can come up with better ideals on how a society should work and how the world works plus how did the universe came in to being then show me the direction of your house i'll start worshipping you crazy_o.gif

Do unto others as you would have done to you. *

Do some research yourself. Don't worship anyone.

Quote[/b] ]

I'd rather believe in a GOD who created ths world rather then living a confused life wondering how did we materialse from ?

Once again, what you want has ZERO to do with reality.

I'm sure your little delusions feel nice right now, but that doesn't mean they are true; to use an often quoted phrase, 'Its no more relevant than the fact that a drunk man is happier than a sober man.'

Quote[/b] ]

Hes basing it on Quran and i explained why too read that ... but hes explaining things in a scientific manner and isnt saying this is true because i said so ... as you are.

He isn't doing it in a scientific manner. At all. To you it might appear that it is, but if you had any education on the subject you would see the huge problems with this nonsense.

I'm not saying anything is true because I say so. Research it yourself. Do not take my word for it. Learn.

*don't even try to say this is a religious concept. Its not. It was in hammurabi's code of laws for goodness sake; it's a concept that is nessesary for human culture and society.

Quote[/b] ] no observation of odd EM signals from all human beings has been detected

Well the angels dont reside inside our bodies you know wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]At least one of them must be wrong.

Yes its the one that says they deliver it in Gods lap , thats not the way its done IIRC theres another mention about this in the quran of a tablet or something where they put down all this.

Quran already states that GOD KNOWS whats happning and WILL HAPPEN , our destiny's were sealed the day we were created hence no need for him to know anything we do live here. Only our records are written by angels with for the final verdict on Judgement day which will be read to us then.

Theres a lot of speculative theorys in here i think if more muslim scientists care to give a thought about this then we might get someplace atm we are too lacking in it. Apart from that we also need to advance more in these various scientific theories and make sure they dont remain theories anymore to basically prove anything right or wrong.

@Bals.

That wobble wobble gulp isnt the jelly monster or is it?

tounge_o.gif

Grenades, who want Grenades ?

We also sell assault rifles and satchel charges at good price.

New customers, you are welcome

and finally we offer discount percentages if you want to purchase in bulk unclesam.gif

Quote[/b] ]Just give ourselves a rendez-vous after our death, we'll all laugh about that current discussion

Maybe yes, but it is indeed a problem of our times. National identity in our modern times means that everyone can live his national traditions in different countries. To a certain extent. If you attend a school where you (according to visual impression) think you are in Islamabad school it raises problems.

I dare both,  the immigrants and the regionals. Both have to give up something. If not there will be people living besides each other. If everyone contributes a little, gives up a little there maybe will be a common living.

If none works I call my friends  biggrin_o.gif

borg.jpg

Errr... sorry not Bjorn Borg but

THE

borg.gif

Borg  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Do you need the problem in that scenario explained for you? They cannot all be true - they contradict each other.

Whoa your understanding of religion has come crashing down ... every new religion that was sent down was because the old one got void , by human editting and corruption in it. Every new religion over wrote the previous one. They dont contradict each other they compliment each others existence.

In other words youve probably got this whole wrong.

Quote[/b] ]Do unto others as you would have done to you. *

Do some research yourself. Don't worship anyone.

Seriously research on what? tounge_o.gif

That the big bang happened ok i wont ask why it happened or how just explain to me where did that material come from? popped out of nowhere? Or maybe we live in a big dustbin where someone threw something in and voila the universe crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Once again, what you want has ZERO to do with reality.

It has very much to do with your perception of reality .

As the Quran says:

"What is reality?"

Can you explain whats real or not? FOr all i know we might be living in a matrix controlled by machines wink_o.gif , the real life is after our judgement you can enjoy these little earthly years so will i , but we'll see for sure for ourselves what was true and what was not after we die , either way a believer in GOD wont be at a loss.

Quote[/b] ] it's a concept that is nessesary for human culture and society.

Too bad though cause quite the opposites been happening around the world these days huh?

Just leave all your fu.....g beliefs, scientific or not and try to live with the others among what unite us and not what divide us.

I have my own beliefs, perceptions, spiritual questions ans own chosen path to find answers.

I don't fell the urging need to wage a words war to be animally pleased for trying to have the upper-hand over others' arguments.

I don't have to sententiously "mark my territory" against others. Mankind do it well since the beginnig, like any animal specie. Everyone is so sure about what he/she knows, while his/her knowledge, its source, was already biased by his/her education, familiy, village, country, civilization.

And all this, just for a scarf crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Whoa your understanding of religion has come crashing down ... every new religion that was sent down was because the old one got void , by human editting and corruption in it. Every new religion over wrote the previous one. They dont contradict each other they compliment each others existence.

I might have misunderstood you, but there are plenty of religions that have contradicted each other. Basically anything from just one god to multiple, from glorifying violence to preaching peace and understanding.

Whoa your understanding of religion has come crashing down ... every new religion that was sent down was because the old one got void , by human editting and corruption in it. Every new religion over wrote the previous one. They dont contradict each other they compliment each others existence.

To put it mildly, this is not universally agreed to.

If you are stating this in the name of your religion, then make yourself clear.

I might have misunderstood you, but there are plenty of religions that have contradicted each other. Basically anything from just one god to multiple, from glorifying violence to preaching peace and understanding.

Yeah religions tend to be whacky, but are usually intertwined with metaphysics. Every metaphysics path ive ever looked into has deliberate, inbuilt and ingenious "contradictions" designed to make their students stretch or break their current way of thinking, and keep outsiders out, which they do exceptionally well at. The outsiders will use the contradiction to prop up their current worldview (usually "that religion sucks') and eventually leave it alone in their smug-ness.

Acecombat dude, theres no use getting worked up about any of this, peeps will believe what they want, which is fair enough.

Keep in mind the only true knowledge comes from direct experience, actual real perception, and i very much doubt all this angel stuff is coming from such a source, and sounds like a weave of book-smarts (eg, the thing that huffs and puffs and pretends to be true knowledge).

It's called faith for a reason. Note the second entry.

faith

n.

1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.

2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See Synonyms at belief. See Synonyms at trust.

3. Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.

4. often Faith Christianity. The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.

5. The body of dogma of a religion: the Muslim faith.

6. A set of principles or beliefs.

QED biggrin_o.gif

QED biggrin_o.gif

Quantumelectrodynamics? crazy_o.gif

I hope I don't get reported for using such words! wow_o.gif

Quod Erat Demonstrandum  - "Which was to be shown".

Used in the end of mathematical proofs smile_o.gif

Quod Erat Demonstrandum  - "Which was to be shown".

Used in the end of mathematical proofs smile_o.gif

And I thought my Latin improved since I began watching I Love Lucy reruns! biggrin_o.gif

mmm, faith, sounds great, as long as it isn't blind.

Each to his own as they say...

As it seems that some religions possess all the clues about the Universe, what is the supreme and extraordinary Truth, the Holy Ghostly link between Quantum physics and Einstein Physics ?

Maybe while playing harps, some had already discovered the cords theories ?

*sigh* What has this thread come to...

Why don't we just believe what we want to believe, and stop preaching to eachother this and that, through our petty differences. Besides, you'll believe it when your desired evidence will come...if it's meant to come.

I find it quite typical that we're having a discussion about the existance of God, angels, ect.

Personally, I believe in God, and I believe in what the Qur'an states. But I surely do not like argueing with atheists or whoever that they have to. And at the same time I don't like them telling me what to believe in. See what it's coming too?

Oh well...I can just aswell sit back and laugh at people fighting over religion, if breaking it up doesn't work. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Whoa your understanding of religion has come crashing down ... every new religion that was sent down was because the old one got void , by human editting and corruption in it. Every new religion over wrote the previous one. They dont contradict each other they compliment each others existence.

No i meant divine religions only firstly , secondly the reason why they contradict each other is because of human tampering.Thats the reason a new religion was sent in the first place.

@Avon: Thats universally accepted if not then there was no need for religions such as Islam and Judaism and Christainity to even exist.

Quote[/b] ]Personally, I believe in God, and I believe in what the Qur'an states. But I surely do not like argueing with atheists or whoever that they have to. And at the same time I don't like them telling me what to believe in. See what it's coming too?

Well yes its getting repititve too even so i'll drop the argument here and let the original one takes it course smile_o.gif

I'm starting getting tired of Monothestic religions that forgot that while some still live in Middle-ages while others lives like slugs into abundancy, the majority of EARTH population is polytheistic, andhas only faith to keep a small bit of hope.

Chineses and Hindus should have a very good time laughing at those puny religions or sciences without soul-centring, thinking that they possess the ABSOLUTE Truth  biggrin_o.gif

And for your own information, even Far-Eastern, or South-American culture did wage religious clashes, but to a lesser degree : skirmishes between rival tibetan bouddhist schools, japanese suppression of japanese christians,...

All religions has blood on its hand, and the first trying to argue against that is a real bullshit brainless worm that used to learn barking and dribbling as Pavlov's dog (education, on a lesser dgree two, but the system is the same) what taught him his local education autorities (learn first about the psychological role of the recognized social autority in a human group  mad_o.gif ).

After all, animism, polytheism, Bouddhism, Zen, Hinduism, confucianism, taoism, shintoÄsm,...

...Are all these bullshit ?

Stop, tiny laughable and childish humans, hypocriticaly starring at your navel  mad_o.gif

Dear Moderators, the firing squad can shoot at me  wink_o.gif It's time to act and close this sensless topic.

Peacefull Death, welcome me in your warm arms

Fighting is a human trait not a religious one if you arent able to grasp that .....

Nearly every religion preaches patience ,tolerance , and the likes. Show me one which says you have to go and kill someone without a valid reason?

If there wasnt any religion present i can guarentee you that we would have been fighting over something else..... like i look more white then you ...blah blah

*sigh* What has this thread come to...

Why don't we just believe what we want to believe, and stop preaching to eachother this and that, through our petty differences. Besides, you'll believe it when your desired evidence will come...if it's meant to come.

I find it quite typical that we're having a discussion about the existance of God, angels, ect.

Personally, I believe in God, and I believe in what the Qur'an states. But I surely do not like argueing with atheists or whoever that they have to. And at the same time I don't like them telling me what to believe in. See what it's coming too?

Oh well...I can just aswell sit back and laugh at people fighting over religion, if breaking it up doesn't work. smile_o.gif

Very wise words and i completly agree with you.

Faith is not a subject of debates in any ways.

Atheist or religious people have very different view despite they share the same science knowledge (as there are known and great atheist and religious scientifics) .

All is about perception of the science , one can see science to come from God and find in their Holy Book an explanation of it , and the other can see the opposite : it is just a quesition of point of view.

But Faith has nothing to do about science or non-science.

Personnally i have ,what i hope to be strong enough, Faith in God , and i follow the scientific research with interest without seeing a contradiction in any ways.

I fail to see an interest on the debate that is running there.

As at the end of that repetitive and annoying fight , atheists will stay atheist and religious will stay religious, because they are looking at the same science but with a different point of view that the other will refuse .

Fighting is a human trait not a religious one if you arent able to grasp that .....

Nearly every religion preaches patience ,tolerance , and the likes. Show me one which says you have to go and kill someone without a valid reason?

If there wasnt any religion present i can guarentee you that we would have been fighting over something else..... like i look more white then you ...blah blah

First of all, I'm not atheist, but deist  rock.gif

Second, those so great religions spreaden through the word (oh that's so cool) and the sword (sorry not only the corrupted ones take the opportunity to use it).

In the past, in Africa, Catholic, Protestant and Muslim devouts compete, struggling against each others, to conquer the heart of the so-savage and uncivilized natives living in harmony with natures...

... Animism is so disgusting, so barbarian, isn't it, ISN'T IT ?

If you knew history a bit (the one studying all sources, not just one-sided ones), that some religion benefit from the collapse of an Empire (due to its own weight and barbarian assaults, not always for destroying, but often to find a better land... just immigrants coming with swords, instead of cameras  biggrin_o.gif ) for spreading with swords and camels full of goods (recall me America and it's consumering culture  crazy_o.gif ), just to be stopped by reorganized semi-barbarians at Poitiers... fast striking cavalry against Line Infantry.

Who to thank for the victory ?

God ? it is the same for the two opponents !

Corruption ? alter all, corruption explains all problems !

Something else ? just wonder !

Quote[/b] ]Show me one which says you have to go and kill someone without a valid reason?

If you had just a nut of history knowledge, even this soab of Hitler never tell to the german people just :"kill kill kill and let's God sort the survivors out !" He charmed them, promizing to bring health, strength, wealth, old historic lands retaken,...

A big motto from him was "Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Führer", One People (yes all together my friends), One Land (Our land, not this old distingrated by Allies in 1918), One Guide (A visionnary man above childish human desires)

In others conflicts, a cross or a crescent as emblem, it was against the pagans, the unfaithfulls.... so to means the others, because they are different. And it's easier to fortify the bonds of a community by designating another one as its ennemy (they want to spoil us, they are differents, they have strange customs  crazy_o.gif .... Let's defend ourselves, our land, our people and our cause against this threat that won't wait for long to destroy us)

This is basic sociology... Ever heard of ?

Even in the biblen, old testament, the Torah as you want, Joshua/Josué/... 11-11 : the capture of the city of Hacor and the others Northen towns => The order of anathema (curse)coming from Moesus, servant of God, what is it ? for the readers who don't know, that is just Mass Genocide  crazy_o.gif

But they were surely also corrupted  wink_o.gif

EVERYBODY ALWAYS FIND A REASON, EVEN THE MADS, TO MOTIVE THE BODY TO ACT.

AND ONLY THOSE WHO DO NOTHING CAN'T MAKE MISTAKE.

No need to dig too deeply to find blood, massacres, and Truths that had to be protected against tne pagans and the unbelievers.

As those "white", "pale" occidentals, you also a descendant of conquerors !

Oh no, it can't be ! Surely occidental propaganda. After all their leaders are so corrupted.