Sign in to follow this  
da_ofp_man

Su-30

Since the RhS board is closed:( I have a queston.Are RHS going to make in future an SU-30 all variants? rock.gif Because it is one of the best Russian planes actually. Just my opinion.And it seems that now nobody is making it crazy_o.gif

actually we have discussed planes alot and came to a conclusion that fast air-to-air priority planes are really on the second shelf here. We think that it is much more playable with air-to-ground priority planes such as SU-25 so thats what we will concentrate on, untill then i cant confirm the Su30.

actually we have discussed planes alot and came to a conclusion that fast air-to-air priority planes are really on the second shelf here. We think that it is much more playable with air-to-ground priority planes such as SU-25 so thats what we will concentrate on, untill then i cant confirm the Su30.

SO it is a looooooooooong way till we see SU-30 plane in OFP sad_o.gif That's sad.

SO it is a looooooooooong way till we see SU-30 plane in OFP sad_o.gif That's sad.

i didnt say there is noone else workin on it smile_o.gif if fact I know there is, and believe me it looks amaizing tounge_o.gif

that's very good   smile_o.gif that raise up my morale biggrin_o.gif    And to man that is  working on SU-30 could you  show even one pic of it rock.gif  I'm verry curious how this great plane looks in ofp?

A pic of SU-30.

SU-30-11.jpg

Well actually the SU-30 is more on par with the F-15E Strike Eagle...It's more a tactical multirole attack aircraft than an air-air combat aircraft wink_o.gif

You must mean their SU-32  smile_o.gif

Can't wait for that to be released smile_o.gif

NO he got right hudson is making an SU-34 a multirole all weather attack aircraft not SU-32 because it is a navy antiship version wink_o.gif

We are actually making both a Su-32 F/N and a Su-27 IB, F/N being the navy version and IB being the ground pounder. wink_o.gif

We are actually making both a Su-32 F/N and a Su-27 IB, F/N being the navy version and IB being the ground pounder. wink_o.gif

That's cool can't wait till relase!!!! crazy_o.gif one question will this pack have the modify SU-34(SU-27KUB) with new radar and IRST an the nose???

Lol...The amount of times I've said this...The SU-32, as it is now officially designated iswhat used to be referred to as the SU-27IB and SU-34 respectively. SU-27IB and SU-34 were designations given to the Platypus during its development stages. wink_o.gif

Lol...The amount of times I've said this...The SU-32, as it is now officially designated iswhat used to be referred to as the SU-27IB and SU-34 respectively. SU-27IB and SU-34 were designations given to the Platypus during its development stages. wink_o.gif

hmmm....mayby not because in my book it says that first the plane was called SU-27IB then SU-32 and now officially SU-34 wink_o.gif

Yes I agree, I confused SU-32 and SU-34...The Platypus' official, current (yeah someone'll probably come along and change it again just to make things a little bit more complicated) designation is SU-34  smile_o.gif

I know this, from my vast collection of military aviation books, from various flight sims, from documentaries, from attending airshows, and from Yefim Gordon's excellent and very informative book,

"Sukhoi SU-27 Flanker - Air Superiority Fighter"

I'd reccommend any of Yefim Gordon's books to anyone who has the slightest interest in Russian aviation smile_o.gif

i vote for su35 SUPERFLANKER!!!!!!!!! COMON.....with working canard wings wink_o.gif

Well I'm still standing that the best plane is SU-30 wink_o.gif

maybe the ofp  community will say wich plane is better and wich plane they want first in ofp SU-30 ,SU-34 or SU-37 rock.gif   blues.gif

Any Air to Ground-plane. OFP isn´t suited for A-A at all, IMO. rock.gif If you want A-A, go play LOMAC. wink_o.gif

...yeah, yeah, and if you want tank battles go play Steel Beasts, and for infantry battles go play America's Army. But what if we want all of them?

Any Air to Ground-plane. OFP isn´t suited for A-A at all, IMO. rock.gif  If you want A-A, go play LOMAC. wink_o.gif

lol I know that.But SU-34 was built mainly to A-G and so did the SU-30MKI(which is  multirore fighter) tounge_o.gif It would be good to have those planes in ofp instead an old  SU-25 I have  only make mistake with SU-37 it is mainly to A-A mission but LOMAC dont have it  and it would be cool have one of this baby in ofp!! smile_o.gif

An Su-30MKI would be pretty sweet. Arguably one of the best 4th gen fighters. Anyone know if thrust vectoring is possible in OFP though? Or canards for that matter. Implementing missiles capable of targeting and firing at aircraft in the rear would be next to impossible though.

Implementing missiles capable of targeting and firing at aircraft in the rear would be next to impossible though.

This is actually the simple part, the thrust vectoring and canards are whats stumping us. To make a missile fire backwards in OFP all you need to do is set the speeds to negative values.

An Su-30MKI would be pretty sweet. Arguably one of the best 4th gen fighters. Anyone know if thrust vectoring is possible in OFP though? Or canards for that matter. Implementing missiles capable of targeting and firing at aircraft in the rear would be next to impossible though.

The SU-30MKI doesn't have rearward firing missiles...I know some of the Flankers have rear facing radars, but I don't think I've seen any implementation of rearward firing missiles

Implementing missiles capable of targeting and firing at aircraft in the rear would be next to impossible though.

This is actually the simple part, the thrust vectoring and canards are whats stumping us.

Quakergamer (I think!) did look into thrust vectoring for his F-22 Raptor but couldn't find a way in. Might be worth getting in touch in case he got any further.

...yeah, yeah, and if you want tank battles go play Steel Beasts, and for infantry battles go play America's Army. But what if we want all of them?

OFP is better than both Steel Beasts and AA in their respective areas. smile_o.gif Not more realistic than Steel Beasts, but a lot prettier and it has a lot more tanks, plus you can move outside your tank.

In OFP, planes are just a bonus. The only planes that are really usable are A-G ones, since OFP has poor flight modeling (seriously, what flight model?) and a short viewdistance, even when set on 5000. The only thing I might find good about OFP compared to LOMAC is the fact that you can eject, but jet fighters are so fast and OFP islands are so small that you´ll be dogfighting over the ocean 90% of the time, where the feature doesn´t matter...Just my opinion, of course. wink_o.gif