Sign in to follow this  
jaenak

Soldier get in gunner

If I have an M60 tank named tank1 and two soldiers, soldier1 and soldier2, to make the first soldier get into the driver position I type soldier1 moveindriver tank1 into the soldier's init field. How do I make the second soldier get into the gunner position of that same tank? My guess was...

soldier2 action [GETIN_GUNNER, "tank1"]

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">soldier2 moveingunner tank

wow_o.gif Oh my goodness, I can't believe I missed that one!

Okay, different one for ya. I have a helicopter and a group (I'm not in it). I have the group running to a spot near the helicopter and I want them to climb in the helicopter. I can put officer moveincargo chopper1 but I don't want him to just appear in the chopper. Once I did a: officer action["GETOUT","hummer"] and it worked. The guy drove the hummer through several waypoints, got out at the specified waypoint and walked to the next one where I was finally standing. Is there such thing as an: officer action["GETIN CARGO","chopper1"] that I can use?

Do you need it in a script?

can't you just add waypoints? Like make a WP for a heli and have it "load cargo" and then have a waypoint for the group getting in and put it as "get in" I think, then sync em and put an invisible H there and it will work methinks.

Okay, you just confused me there. No, its not in a script. And I tried te get in waypoint, it didn't do anything.

OK.

Make the heli, have it flying or whatever, then make it have a waypoint (not on itself, just where you want it to land) and make it "LOAD" i think, and then make a waypoint for the group getting in it, don't make it on the chopper, just make it near the choppers "load" waypoint, and make it "get in" I think, then press F5 and drag the helis waypoint to the get in waypoint, and it should work.

Why can't you use

soldier assignAsCargo vehicle

soldier assignAsCommander vehicle

soldier assignAsDriver vehicle

etc etc?

from script?

'Cause I don't want them to just appear in the helicopter. I have the helicopter decent to the tarmac in a cut scene and have four people climb in. It kinda defeats the whole purpose of a cut scene if everyone just magically appears in the helicopter.

Tracy_t's way doesn't, it assigns everyone to it and then I think they need a getinorder and they get in it.

Why not just use my way?

It's so simple, I'll give it in steps.

A) Make the chopper, make it have a LOAD waypoint RIGHT over a helipad

B) Make the group have a GET IN waypoint, RIGHT NEAR the heli's LOAD waypoint.

C) Syncronise them by press F5 and click and drag from the helis LOAD waypoint to the groups GET IN waypoint.

D) Watch heli land and soldiers get in.

SIMPLE

soldier assignascargo chopper1

[soldier] ordergetin true

That should work too wink_o.gif

or if you want soldier1 & soldier2 in cargo

"_x assignascargo chopper1" foreach [soldier1,soldier2]

[soldier1,soldier2] ordergetin true

Tracy_t's way doesn't, it assigns everyone to it and then I think they need a getinorder and they get in it.

Why not just use my way?

The reason why I haven't used anyone's way was because the particular cut scene was something I was fooling around with so as to get my first taste of scripting cutscenes. It wasn't actually anything I really needed to know for the level I'm making. It was just curiosity I couldn't solve.

'Cause I don't want them to just appear in the helicopter.  I have the helicopter decent to the tarmac in a cut scene and have four people climb in.  It kinda defeats the whole purpose of a cut scene if everyone just magically appears in the helicopter.

Actually

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">soldier1 moveindriver chopper

makes the soldier immediately the driver(pilot) ...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">soldier1 assignasdriver chopper

makes the soldier get in the driver (pilot) seat

rock.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">soldier1 assignasdriver chopper

makes the soldier get in the driver (pilot) seat

rock.gif

No you need to issue the order as well:

[soldier1,soldier2] ordergetin true

(as stated above)

I've never had to do that

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">soldier1 assignasdriver chopper1 in the init field of a WP works fine.The soldier will climb in the chopper and fly to the next WP