Sign in to follow this  
bonko the sane

Sea demon mig29 v2.02

Just spotted at http://flashpoint.ru/ that SEA DEMON released his updated Mig29...the page is in russian but a good addon addict backs away for nothing!!!

i just tried it and im speechless,its very very good...1 version for west(german) 1 version for east (russian) dload page here at flashpoint.ru

TXS SEA DEMON

Unfortunately for VIta this addon binarezed and at him will fail to steal model and to give out her for the.

Quote[/b] ]Unfortunately for VIta this addon binarezed and at him will fail to steal model and to give out her for the.

What? Did you mean:

Quote[/b] ]Unfortunately for VIta this addon is binarized, so he can't steal the model and distribute it.

Just wondering...

Looks good, I'll give it a try when I get home. Finally, I'll have a good-looking plane that can splash one of Hudson's F/A-18s biggrin_o.gif !

I wish he inclouded a Serbian version from the Bosnian conflict sad_o.gif

I'm happy with that anyway.

This addon beats the hell out of any existing Mig-29 addons, at least until Deadsoldier&Marine release theirs smile_o.gif

Just a couple of things that bugs me:

-It's almost impossible to taxi on the ground. It cannot turn tight enough on these small airfields.

-The roll rate is a bit too fast for us joystick users.

-The "forcage" by which I believe the author means afterburner can accelerate the aircraft from stall speed to 700km/h in vertical flight in just a couple of seconds!

-On the other hand the "Stop on" or brake chute brings the aircraft to a halt in just a couple of meters.

Then some suggestions:

-HUD

-Flares Å• la Footmunch

-CAS version armed with rocket pods or FABs

-RITA (russian bitching betty) - I can provide the sounds!

This addon includes 3 version MiG -29. 2 Russian MiG with a various camouflage And 1 Mig in BW camo.

sed291.jpg

sed292.jpg

sed294.jpg

It lags for me, but when the flame comes on, its smooth... Anyway, Hudsons F/A18 blew the hell outta it biggrin_o.gif

The most thing I "hate" is, if an addon has no shadow...

Espcecially on a plane, a shadow is a "MUST HAVE".

For me, I am landing most the time in 3rd person view and it´s terrible to not see the plane going down slowly by looking at the distance of it´s shadow. sad_o.gif

"German pilot" has a AK weapon.

Nice addon that needs some improvements.

Good work.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

We know that... We're just pointing out what needs to be worked. This still is the best Mig-29 out there smile_o.gif

We know that... We're just pointing out what needs to be worked. This still is the best Mig-29 out there smile_o.gif

Your gonna hurt VIT's feelings mad_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

actually i dont wanna risk to make a wrong statement here, but anyways:

this addons appears to be an ITA tornado ripoff to me...

*same editor icon

*same flare script

*same canopy bug (was fixed during the tornado development thou)

just my opinion on this addon, but its still a nice model

The d/ld link isnt working...................... sad_o.gifsad_o.gifcrazy_o.gifmad_o.gif

Damnit has anyone got a alternate i am desperate here.... tounge_o.gif

Thankfully i hadnt d/lded VITs big d/ld as well i mean 2 migs and both look the same , anyway this has better features i think.

... not entirely... This isn't so special itself... SD's has a parachute and a nice flame at the end...

By clicking on the link below, you are agreeing to my statement which is:

a.) VIT's 29 matches this one.

b.) I win.

c.) Get a better internet connection so you can try VIT's MiGs.

LINK TO DEMONS 29!

biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

no offense but Vit's stuff sux ALOT.....

Justify your claims rather than just trashing someones work.

Back your statement up with something like: the textures are all wrong, the details just not there or that some of his plane look like Carbon copies of someone elses betas.

I wish I had time to play with this new Mig. Oh well, back to study.

My opinions about Vit's addons.

The guy works very hard and he has produced more addons of the msot needed aircraft than anyone else. His addons incorporate features like countermeasures, airbrakes, afterburners and such. Therefore I think of Vit as one of the most productive addonmakers in the OFP community.

However his modelling capabilities leave something to be desired. It looks as he makes all his models by the hand without the help of any blueprints.

Why Seademon's Mig-29 is better than Vit's

-It has 6 weapon hardpoints. Vit's has 10 - two of the missiles are even mouted on wingtips!

-Seademon's has 3 different types of correctly modeled air-to-air missiles: AA-10 Alamo, AA-8 Aphid, and AA-11 Archer. Vit just uses some missiles that appear to me as common Sidewinders

-Seademon has an accurate 3d-modeled cockpit with working gauges and HUD textures (not working tho). Vit seems to have just copied a cockpit texture from Jane's USAF and slabbed it on a flat surface.

-Seademon's canopy opens correctly. The canopy frame and the front part stays put.

Some things that are better on Vit's Mig

-Speed Brake

-Multiple camo schemes (altho not all entirely accurate)

-AI can take off and land with it

I think this is helluva nice plane!

mig1.jpg

mig2.jpg

Anyways, I don't think that these flamings on Vit are justified. I appreciate his work as well and don't think that anybody has the right to throw crap at him.

By the way, the planes of BOTH authors have trouble getting the landing gear down when landing automatically. wink_o.gif