Sign in to follow this  
Merc

Thinking outside the box

Hey all, my name is Merc, or Bill if you prefer, I'm new to the forums but not new to OFP.

Here is my question.

Thanks to teams like BAS, Tales of War, Falklands mod... and Individuals like Martin and Scorpio, we have new kick ass addons. Such as Delta Force, Rangers... etc.

What about unconventional warriors.

I don't really have any knowledge of making addons, but I was curious if anyone was considering making something like this anyhow:

Mercenary- The basic "trigger puller" working for the highest bidder. Could be placed under resistance and utilize a variety of firearms and tactics.

Spooks - Kinda like blackops, but less comical. Face it, it's easier to blend in like these guys, then to wear black jumpsuits and facemasks.

Green Berets - Ah yes, the pride of the United States military. Although most of them look like Grizzly Adams on crack, they are some of the most specially trained reaction forces in the world.

Once again, I don't know much about this kind of stuff. But I thought that I would throw these thoughts of mine out there to inspire the OFP community.

---> Merc

Well first may I welcome you to BI forums. smile_o.gif

Well lets see......hmmmmm

There is mercenaries in the HK pack.

Im not sure if anyone made some new spooks.....

As for green berets I would use the BAS rangers and replace the arm texture.

smile_o.gif

Thanks for the welcome.

I didn't remember the HK pack having Mercs, but I'll go give it another try.

---> Merc

Thanks for the welcome.

I didn't remember the HK pack having Mercs, but I'll go give it another try.

---> Merc

They're on the East side. Welcome to the forums smile_o.gif

Thinking outside the box, let me do a shameless plug here then biggrin_o.gifSinews of War

Not about addons, but possibly will make the best missions with the addons you mention. wink_o.gif

I have long dreamed about a Merc/SOF campaign where you accumulate money after each mission, with which to buy better equipment, vehciles and hire other mercs to help you on your misisons...

How about a Watership Down Mod?

Mercenary- The basic "trigger puller" working for the highest bidder. Could be placed under resistance and utilize a variety of firearms and tactics.

Spooks - Kinda like blackops, but less comical. Face it, it's easier to blend in like these guys, then to wear black jumpsuits and facemasks.

For the mercs, as people have pointed out, there are mercs in the HK pack, but there is also a great resistance addon coming out from Aeon that will include some troops in "mismatched" cammo..

For the spooks, if you mean troops who just look like ordinary civvies, you could always just arm a civvy and set his side to Resistance or whatever...

Watership Down? Isn't that rabbits?

i think he meant those guys in the close protection group

hu are dressed half in civ and half in army clothes or the cia field agents, or cia sas

the hk pack

the mercs in the hk pack are too good, all the units in the hk actually are too good, hard to kill, easy for u to die

i believe u should wait for the jam version so it will be more realistic

Quote[/b] ]How about a Watership Down Mod?

How would you do the burrows? rock.gif ...

There's a few 'James Bond' mods out there is'nt there?...

Watership Down? Isn't that rabbits?

Why not? a rabbit's life is full of sex and violence. Think about it not so much as out of the box, but out of the hutch...

Quote[/b] ]How about a Watership Down Mod?

How would you do the burrows? rock.gif ...

There's a few 'James Bond' mods out there is'nt there?...

Seen the tunnels on Tonal? Now the dog animation. A couple more, say humpin' and lunging for a knight's throat- oops sorry, wrong rabbits.

Someone needs to make a back to the future delorean and a Chevy suburban with a really good minigun on the roof (gunner spot is out the skylight)

Someone needs to make a back to the future delorean and a Chevy suburban with a really good minigun on the roof (gunner spot is out the skylight)

Do they actually put miniguns on Suburbans? It sounds like something from Mad Max!

I think he's referring to the GsH-23 cannon equipped Suburban from The Jackal. Personally, I'd love to see just a black Suburban with black tinted windows, like in Traffic (great movie) which could be used by,say, CIA operatives, or paramilitary forces smile_o.gif