Sign in to follow this  
alien72

Reloading while running an jumping

It's hard to do when running, but sure as hell not impossible. It might not be advised, but you've got to do what you've got to do. A moving target is going to be harder to hit than one laying done with no cover.

That is what my father just said to me. And that running and realoading is not often done, but sometimes you need to.

If it we're in the game it should take a little longer to reload when running as opposed to standing still.

He would like to know what part of the military you are in and for what country.

My dad might be a nobody to you, but he's seen more combat that anyone I know. And he's been a part of combat more times that you probably ever will. So I think his word is enough to make me believe that it is possible. He was in vietnam, if you didn't look at my sig, so since the game will be about vietnam mainly (atleast that's what I recall BIS saying the majority of combat will be) his expeirences are plausible.

So running and reloading - Possible, hard, but if you need to, it's possible.

Show me a video.

You don't lie down with no cover, you go to cover or you get it from the suppressing fire of the rest of your squad.

OFP2 is a game. If something is possible in a game, it gets done. If this 'feature' is put in, it will be abused.

It does not need to be in the game.

If your father wants to argue military tactics with a decorated falklands veteran (who taught me)....

I think that every soldier should have its weight depending on the gear hes wearing. It woudnt be very realistic if you would go hoping around with 40 kilos on your back.

no reloading on the run

as Baron says , it's almost impossible , you just see it working in hollywood movies

i've tried myself several times with Colt , SIG and several bullpup weapons (completely impossible with bullpups) , and it's just a stupid thing to do , especially on rough terrain

if you want to see 1 more day , you better take cover and reload instead of playing with your gun while running aimlessly in the open

Show me a video.

You don't lie down with no cover, you go to cover or you get it from the suppressing fire of the rest of your squad.

OFP2 is a game.  If something is possible in a game, it gets done.  If this 'feature' is put in, it will be abused.

It does not need to be in the game.  

If your father wants to argue military tactics with a decorated falklands veteran (who taught me)....

Sorry, he didn't have a video camera thirty years ago in the middle of a battle  tounge_o.gif

I was arguing that it is possible, and that if needed to be done, it can be.  But it would take a while blah blah lbah been there done that.

In OFP2, I think it would be great to have the option to reload on the run.  But it would take a long time.  Or atleast start reloading on the run, then finish when still (I.E. Drop your mag, grab a new one as you get behind cover, and then you can reload fast and effectively)

I was asking my dad if he was able to do it in NAM, how often it was done.  Even he said it wasnt often done because it can be difficult, but it can and has been done.  But otherwise, yes, you do try to get to cover when you have to reload.  Except when no cover is around, that kind of makes it difficult.

(20 round mag, on a bandolier, and an M16A1. It was probably a bit easier than you would think with what you've used. And SA80?)

That's why I think it should atleast be an option in OFP2, that you shouldn't have to come to a dead stop when you try to reload.

no jumping, but fast climbing action, not like action for ladders in ofp, that player calmly put weapon on his back and climb...

Maybe, a jump action from standing position to lying on ground position, so to avoid jumping bugs and lamer things but giving to the player a new movement.

(u run for 20 meters on a open place under fire, and at last 2 meters un jump behind an obtacle to get covered...)

i agree that reloading while running it's almost impossible, and it's hard to do walking too... It's a cool thing and adds realism that after your X bullets, u gotta cover yourself behind something and reload...

Hes right you know we forgot gameplay.

Hear Hear matt it really does add atmosphere and give you that oh shit feeling when you hear the dead mans click

I'd like to be able to dive and roll around the place (not all the time though, after two or three rolls to your side, you get a bit dizzy  wink_o.gif ). I mean, in OFP, you get shot at or see a flying grenade while you're sprinting, it takes a little while to slow to a jog, then a bit longer to actually get down. By then, you've been hit and you're deader than disco.

Now, if you could hit a "dive" key and a direction,  you could just throw yourself that way and hope for the best. It might also be an idea to code in a small chance of you dropping your weapon (let's face it, if you dived into cover while some beady-eyed bugger with a sniper rifle was trying to turn you into another notch on his stock, you'd probably be more concerned with getting into a bit of cover rather than keeping two hands on your gun).

that animation for sprinting then getting down is probably the best and most realistic part of OFP and i wish you could see AI do it more often all they do is just stop then get down then shoot which kinda looks gay

Hi all

Jumping No

Hurdling Yes

Obsticle Climb Yes

I see hurdling as just an anim addition. If you run at a low wall or fence you can hurdle it but your center of mass does not alter so there is NO Cheater Strike style buni hops. If you hurdle a shot to your chest aimed at you running would hit you just the same. And the hurdling should make you tired more quickly so your gun bounces round more for longer afterwards.

Obsticle Climb of high walls up to 10ft about what I can do.

1) Gun must be on back

2) Animation is run at wall place foot up about 3 feet high knee compresses storing energy and slightly raising player off ground and altering angle to wall.

3) Energy stored in knee bend is released fast acceleration up but slightly away from wall.

4) Hands reach up and forward to grasp wall top

5) Body swings to left or right and heel hooks top of wall

6) Body continues swing through to a rock over (technical climbing term) where the foot rolls forward to the flat position and on to the ball of the foot.

7) The knee bends.

8) Arms haul the trunk of the body up until hips are level with wall and arms are locked straight (called a Mantle Shelf in Climbing)

9) Oposite elbow to foot which is on wall unlocks

10) Body tilts to side of unlocked elbow raising oposite hip

11) Body rolls horizontal on to the wall

12) Body rolls off to oposite side arms straight holding top

13) Body drops to floor knees bending to absorb impact.

I am a climber the above is an accurate description.

Kind Regards Walker

BIS if you add jumping please implement a On/Off switch for jumping ability, so we have no bunny hoppin losers...

BIS if you add jumping please implement a On/Off switch for jumping ability, so we have no bunny hoppin losers...

or better, just that u get very tired after one or two...