Sign in to follow this  
Captain Kickass

I need a patriotic show of hands!

Yip, I always liked the SLR. I was very surprised when the faults with the SA-80 first came to light years ago - Hekler and Koch usually produce top class armaments.

Dave.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from MrLaggy on 3:25 pm on Dec. 6, 2001

So which TVRs are we going to get in the game 8-)?

<span id='postcolor'>

Tuscan Speed six and Cerbera.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Captain Kickass on 12:55 am on Dec. 6, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Fenna on 11:57 pm on Dec. 5, 2001

Yeah go Britain! i cant believe this thread hasnt been ruined yet by some1 saying britian sux. :shocked:

<span id='postcolor'>

If they do I sort em all out don't you worry about that!

<span id='postcolor'>

Britain Suxx0rz! :biggrin:

Good, Good. Im glad with the responce I'm getting with this. Lets keep it up! Or if you just want to mention something British here that you like, like TVR, the SA-80,

The HMS Invincible, the Harrier jumpjet etc, etc bring it here. Come on, be patriotic, you know you want to!

P.S: I am not offending anyone am I?

(Edited by Captain Kickass at 7:50 pm on Dec. 6, 2001)

The modifications are being done by HK, but the originbal design was by Enfield and actually dates back to 1947; back then it was called the EM2 and the round was 7.62. it never went into production at the time, but the design resurfaced in the early 70s, when Enfield built the prototypes, Named Individual Weapon (IW) and Light Support Weapon (LSW) in 4.85mm. Never heard of that calibre? Good. It died when common sense kicked in and NATO agreed that 5.56mm should be the standard round. The British Army finally took the weapon as the SA80 and has been leaving bits of it all over the battlefield ever since.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from RedStorm on 7:21 pm on Dec. 6, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Captain Kickass on 12:55 am on Dec. 6, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Fenna on 11:57 pm on Dec. 5, 2001

Yeah go Britain! i cant believe this thread hasnt been ruined yet by some1 saying britian sux. :shocked:

<span id='postcolor'>

<span id='postcolor'>

<span id='postcolor'> BUGGER OFF YOU!

Think they try to call it the Individual Weapon again now, dunno why...SA80 sounds better. Ok,so the rifle does jam, and does melt, and doesnt work when its hot-cold wet-dry or any other climate, but it is designed that if in doubt there is one thing a member of the army can do at close range....twat the f****r with the thing and run smile.gif

I have previously fired an L98, single shot version of the SA80 and its good fun, when u dont have live rounds popping out and rolling down the range, makes a nice noise too (BOOM)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from all british hero on 3:39 am on Dec. 6, 2001

as long as we dont get anymore dumbass american weapons..

<span id='postcolor'>

thats kinda stupid. wink.gif And kinda makes me angry, oh well, keep on tlaking cuz I doubt any of this is going to be implemented seriously wink.gif

(Edited by WisdoM at 5:31 pm on Dec. 6, 2001)

SA80A2 = win

L86A2 = win

SA80A2 best bullpup in the world!

*KingBeast shines*

Harriers are nice too, its strange how there are quite a few Yanks that actually think the Harrier is of American design!

Yea the SA 80 is a joy to fire, after just 10 mins I felt really confident with it, I was gettin tight groups at 200m even while firing off whole clips in 10-15 odd secs. Reloadin and strippin was quick n easy,  I felt like I was a vet!smile.gif

Ok it has reliability probs but they are being sorted.

Ok the L1A1 is prefered by alot of old sweats but in most situations I'd go for the SA80.  You guys probably know that when the L1A1 was brought into service in the 50s a lot of squaddies said they prefered the old Enfield.  The army is a conservative institution by nature lads. smile.gif

(Edited by Jester at 3:57 pm on Dec. 7, 2001)

Thankyou mate that proves my point that the SA-80 is now better than it was! I'll be extra nice to you two who pointed that out now! Mates!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Captain Kickass on 9:42 pm on Dec. 5, 2001

Alright I want to show all those patronising gits out there how patriotic we brits are, right who likes the SA-80, The TVR motor company and The MGRover car company?

Come now you've gotta like something out all these!!!!!

<span id='postcolor'>

My hands been up so long my arm hurts! :-)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from RedStorm on 7:21 pm on Dec. 6, 2001

<span id='postcolor'>

<span id='postcolor'>

<span id='postcolor'>Surely you don't mean that!

I do like the SA80, and i supose people who say its inaccurate are just crap shots! wink.gif j/k well a rifle is only as accurate as the firer. unrealible i supose it deos jam alot if you dont clean it every 5 minutes lol.

and i do LOVE landrovers..so hands up from this man

They don't have physics in the game for "plastic around the barrel melting" in OFP do they?

On a serious note, stoppages is something that's missing from OFP... OK, i suppose, in real life, you don't get stoppages that often (unless you're using an SA-80), well, assuming you clean your weapon regularly, as you're supposed to.

I wanna see the SA-80, for the sake of seeing it... I've got the Para / SAS addon that someone did (re-textured Russian troops with red berrets, very cool) all I need now is an SA-80 and I'll be in heaven...

where do you get the addon from and the sa80 is now the l95 ( so a mate has told me, a squadie in the royal electric and mechinical engineers, on leave atm)

Quote: from murphywnjuk on 12:19 am on Dec. 7, 2001

. Ok,so the rifle does jam, and does melt, and doesnt work when its hot-cold wet-dry or any other climate, but it is designed that if in doubt there is one thing a member of the army can do at close range....twat the f****r with the thing and run smile.gif

LOL thats gotta be the funniest thing ive read.

Yup the SA80 has had its problems,but with the amount of addons being created that are UK forces based this reason alone makes it a worthy addition

F UCK THE PATRIOT THREAD! THE TITLE SUCK AND IT IS TOTALLY DISGUSTING!