Sign in to follow this  
SolidSnake-(SNK)

Awp or awm??

Hi, one thing that has been anoying me for some time now is, are the AWM and AWP two different weapons, or is it joust one and same weapon with different names?

Also i was at a norwegian army show 2 weeks ago and there i saw a big ass sniper rifle that i think was a AWP or AWM, atleast it used 12.7mm ammo.

And at the end where the bullets come out it had a arrow shaped object, witch i dont have seen on AWP or AWM in games.

I have a picture of me holding it if anybody wants to take a look at it.

So can someone give me some clerance in this AWP/ AWM stuff.

Thanx:)

you sure you don`t mean the AW50 if it was 12.7mm with a muzzle brake ?

As far as I know the difference between the AWP and AWM id the caliber .

AWP : 308

AWM: 300 WIN

The ArticWarfareMagnum is a .338 Lapua Magnum (it's on par with a .50BMG when it comes to range and slightly higher accuracy)

Oki, i think the one i saw at the gun show was a AWM, iam not sure becoz i couldent see the rifle from the top on the page Grizzlie provided.

But what i dont get is that all these rifles seem to bee made by the same company then why is always the AWP russian/terror side and the AWM US.

Is this joust in crap games like CS or in real life also?

Guest DKM-jaguar

Someone made an AWP addon some time ago. It looked exactly like the L96A1 (Accuracy international PM sniper rifle). I know that DKM is making an Artic warfare Magnum.. which is refered to in germany (i think) as the G22, essentially a L96 with a 20 round mag...

Ever start a post with a question then answer your own question while writing your post? I'm such a dumbass...

But if the AWM is a G22... and the AWP is not the same weapon.. it means that the addon was wrong?

I'm fairly sure that the AWP is chambered for a standard .308 long-rifle cartridge, while the AWM loads the .338 Lapua Magnum. Other than that, same receiver, same everything.

Isnt the AWM:P a civil model for SWAT like stuff?

btw...Swedish name for the AWM is PSG90 tounge_o.gif

question.... do we Dutch have any special name for it? or do we just call it "Geweer Lange Afstand" ? rock.gif

AW = standard .308 sniper rifle

AWP = police version of AW, short stiff 20" barrel.

AWM = .338 Lapua

AW50 = .50

AE = cheaper fabrication of AW, for civilian market.

AI = Accuracy International, Manufacturer

AW = Arctic Warfare, Product Name

L96 = British military designation for AW.