Sign in to follow this  
The Frenchman

Splinter cell

Site wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif

Edit: Crap, I spelt tomorrow wrong. Mods please fix it. crazy_o.gif

edit: not only that website url was mispelled too tounge_o.gif

edit:Hey, Im only human! tounge_o.gif

This one has promise, if multiplayer is actually going to be like that. I'm a fan of the first, so I guess I'll have to check this one out.

I liked the first quite a bit, but I'm a little skpetical about the second one. In that video it looks and sounds more like they're shooting super sci-fi laser guns than real guns crazy_o.gif The running backflip off the wall was also something I didn't know i needed tounge_o.gif

Not sure if I'll get this, but I just tried the regular Splinter Cell demo, and it's a lot more fun than I though it'd be. I'll probably have to buy in the next few days.

*starts humming "Secret Agent Man"* biggrin_o.gif

The first one was oustanding, but playing SC in first person view just like ordinary first person shooter doesnt sound very interesting to me, also the jungle shots didnt look so great has the first game so ill just wait and see smile_o.gif .

I like the storyline of the first one but I am not sure about what this one is about. I like how now there is going to be more people helping you.

BTW,

Lambert(SC) is a bigger @ss than Blake(OFP) tounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

OMFG this is an badass game wy: you can play Campaing with 4 players so 4 spec ops and you can play it now in First person and you have matrix move's Wow this game roxx...

Cool biggrin_o.gif

But for now:

OFP2 I want it.

I wonder if Sam Fisher is still afraid to use the enemies weapons?   rock.gif

If the expansion will actually feature coop-campaign and 1st. person view woooo. Allmost sounds too good to be true. Maybe I'll have to check it out then  tounge_o.gif

cuz the first Splinter Cell was money out the window IMO (no replay value)

I got this Dark Angel feeling when I saw that video. They should have hired Jessica Alba to be the voice-actress and her as the modell. Then I would'nt have to think wether I'll buy this game or not tounge_o.gif

Gah, why the hell EVERYBODY must copy the matrix nowadays? blues.gif

Just watch the Video and you see:

-Sam fisher and 3 other Spec op agents follow him .

-Sam fisher walking up to an wall and to a backflip.

-And many more

And if you read the boards you can see about the Multi Co-op Campaign. smile_o.gif

The only bad thing about splinter cell was the third person, if this new one is first person it will be much better.

I disagree, i quite enjoyed it in 3rd person, very cool to see Sam doing all those animations and hidding in the shadows, rappeling, grabing enemies from behind, and all the cool stuff, the game wouldnt have been so great if it were just another first person shooter, i really hope they keep it like the first game in sp campaign. Cant wait smile_o.gif .

what i liked in splinter cell is that you could play basketball, but otherwise the game sucked, and sam fisher should retire, hes too old.

im gonna stick to metal gear solid

what i liked in splinter cell is that you could play basketball, but otherwise the game sucked, and sam fisher should retire, hes too old.

im gonna stick to metal gear solid

"Snaaaaake!!!" lol, i guess its impossible to please everybody, i think SC has great graphix, great sound and music, nice set of gameplay features with all the gadgets (i luv the sticky shockers and diversion cameras), aceptable plot and a very good stealth concept (no loud weapons available wink_o.gif ), runs great and is a well polished game.

Im sure PS2 owners didnt like it much because they got the bad/poor version due to limitations of outdated hardware. It is a magnificent game and if Pandora tomorrow turns out just has good i will be happy gamer, obviously i expect it to be even better (if thats even possible) smile_o.gif .

I much preferred Splinter Cell to MGS. However, MGS seemed a lot less linear, which is good too.

I much preferred Splinter Cell to MGS. However, MGS seemed a lot less linear, which is good too.

Ha- yeah, MGS wasn't linear... *chuckle*

I think I can actually play the first half of the game blindfolded.

Is this a XBOX exclusive btw? I missed that part.

BM

Doubt it. There was a bunch of rumors about the original being exclusive, and then it wound up having a version for every single platform inside of 6 months lol- even the Gameboy had a version.

Actually, the first one WAS exclusive for Xbox under a certain time period, per agreement with Microsoft. When that time period ran out, it was of course ported to other versions.

Actually, the first one WAS exclusive for Xbox under a certain time period, per agreement with Microsoft. When that time period ran out, it was of course ported to other versions.

What, was it exclusive for half an hour?

@ Sep. 25 2003,09:04)]

What, was it exclusive for half an hour?

6 months