Sign in to follow this  
KeyCat

Group link ii ver. 1.54 released

Forgott to mention that we just had an initial test in multiplayer (thanks ctrl!) and everything looks good so far but it still needs more testing, escpecially when combined with the main GroupLink II script.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

I've been testing a little but not much.

Here is some results:

You can have two groups running the script but the script can't be active on both groups at the same time.

So the group that activates the script first will get the enemy on them.

But i will test more tomorrow.

keycat this is great news. Cant wait to try it. If you need help testing let me know

Last weekend we tried each script separately in multiplayer (thanks Jotte!) and so far so good!

If everything works out we will continue with the next step and test everything combined with the main GroupLink II script coming weekend, hang in there...

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Hey CAT

I use manmg in every mission that i make ..

But i use the version that catches the Units by trigger...

because i think in reality every Soldier will man the gunner position and not only a spezific group for more firepower.

So if there all units of your testgroup are dead the MG´s wan´t be manned.

Is there any argument to use this funktion to ?

Sometimes there are no Soliders in the aera and you will go forward ... just in this moment the trigger chatches a gunner and kill U :-)

I use this also in Jörf_F´s  Watchtower from Weapondeal ... (ok they beam into the gunner from the ground but it´s more realistic then leaving this good gunner alone)

I refound "Grouplink" and use it now in every mission  tounge_o.gif

PS: And sure we will test Betas for U if U need  blues.gif

Keycat,

You said this would be out last weekend - BOOO !!!

Just kidding.

Seriously, any updates?

Testing Grouplink ...

Think it´s a problem from knowsabout...

When i use Pipebombs and get the direct "answer" from Artelery ...

They every time focus on my last position and not the position of the exploding pipes.

So i can´t really make i trap for killing them from secure position ...

thx

PS: My friends are verry unhappy about the "new" Routines lol

not running forward and "get some" now they get "some" biggrin_o.gif

@ nubbin: I know you where kidding but I just want to point out that I never promise any release dates, it will be released when it's done.

As for any news, you probably already guessed that there been some setback with the mulitplayer testing. We didn't manage to get to it last weekend and I don't know when next opportunity arrives but as soon it does we will continue our testing...

Quote[/b] ]

I use manmg in every mission that i make ..

But i use the version that catches the Units by trigger...

@ MCPXXL: The manmg+.sqs that will be included in the Plus Pack 1.00 will not use a trigger but be assigned to a AI group.

Quote[/b] ]

Think it´s a problem from knowsabout...

When i use Pipebombs and get the direct "answer" from Artelery ...

If I recall there is 30% chance that enemy will call for artillery if you are detected and there should be a random delay before the shelling starts. Also note that artillery will not fire if their on troops are in the danger zone.

Another thing, maybe you have set the courage parameter (6 th parameter) to low? Try playing around with the value and see if things change, I recommend a value between ~0.20-0.50 but YMMV.

Quote[/b] ]

PS: My friends are verry unhappy about the "new" Routines lol

not running forward and "get some" now they get "some"

Hehe - I know what you mean, it's a whole different ballgame now when the enemy AI reacts to your gunfire over (pretty) long distances and if you are spotted they will most likely come after you biggrin_o.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

SURE !

Yes i´ve changed the values...

What i mean is ...

You place Piebombs on a street and run away

in a secure place you detonate "a convoy" ... I mean that then your "now" actual position is where the shells get in and not the position from the explosion ... or i am so wrong ?

actual i detonate the convoy and run as fast as i can ....

For manmg+ is the question .. takes the routine only from a specific group or from the whole enemys.

With the old version it grabs everyone who comes into trigger... so i as (smal mission maker) can´t calculate "now there are all groupmens gone" the gunner is safe now ;-)

This question is because i play the missions as player from a team... and wan´t it more uncalculable for me ...

by the way excuse my bad english (German Old man)

ASC = Alte Säcke Clan

Quote[/b] ]

actual i detonate the convoy and run as fast as i can ....

I'm not sure but what I think happening are that you are spotted bythe AI when you run and then they call in artillery on your last know position (+/- random dispersion).

Try to find a nice bush to hide in and then stay put to see whats happening.

Quote[/b] ]

takes the routine only from a specific group or from the whole enemys.

This version use soldiers only from a specific group.

BTW, it's midsummer here in Sweden so I'm off to celebrate all weekend, to all Scandinavians I say...

- Trevlig midsommar!

Cheers!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Wait a minute Keycat! Your not suppose to be having fun. Where is the dedication to the community. biggrin_o.gif

Have a good weekend and dont party too hard

bump indeed yes...say, have anyone got this error at any point, more propably at the end of a mission out of the MostKnownenemy.sqf? Don't quite remember and wasn't that wise at 1am as to take a snapshot of it, and it was too long a line to display the error. Bit of a shame as the mission was being reviewed at the same time biggrin_o.gif

Had another error, didn't put the silenced VSS Vintorez of vit apc pack into the right weapon array. Poor mate got shelled because of that heh. They aren't that clear, and have a mix of weapons out of which you really can't always tell what else to include in them.

I'll do an update once the new pack is out.

Sorry for the lack of updates. It's summer time here and things are moving very slow at the moment...

Quote[/b] ]

say, have anyone got this error at any point, more propably at the end of a mission out of the MostKnownenemy.sqf?

The GroupLink II script doesn't make use of any functions (i.e *.sqf files). Do you use any other scripts along with the GL II script?

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Get this error at launch od game

while "count _temparray > 0" do {_acount = (count _temparray); _rand = random _acount; _rand = _rand - (_rand mod 1);_moveunit = _temparray select

Help

sad_o.gif

are the ; correct in this I thought they remmed out the following text

Quote[/b] ]

Get this error at launch od game

while "count _temparray > 0" do {_acount = (count _temparray); _rand = random _acount; _rand = _rand - (_rand mod 1);_moveunit = _temparray select

This error usually happens when the groupsnames are wrong (i.e ge1, ge2, ge3 etc.). Double check all groupnames in the editor and verify that you spelled them exact the same as

the ones you use when initialize the GroupLink II script in init.sqs.

Quote[/b] ]

are the   ;   correct in this  I thought they remmed out the following text

Yes, the semicolons ";" is correct.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Thank You

Proceeding to check.

Is there a limit to the Number of groups. I have 40 total with 12 of them static & 8 that shouldnt remount Vech.

Is there a limit to the weapons the AI can hear. I use a mixed bag of Suchys, Bas, LSR and Kergtys. Have been putting a list of favorite weapons ["weapon","weapon"] etc. in seperate catagorys Regular, Silenced, Sholder launch and Hand gun in a notepad file prior to placing them in the grouplink2.sqs

Even with the error the Bastards chase me all over Hell.

So far I love the effects even with the error.

Thanks again.

Quote[/b] ]

Is there a limit to the Number of groups. I have 40 total with 12 of them static & 8 that shouldnt remount Vech.

Not really, I guess it depends on how much your computer can handle. In other words how much RAM and how fast CPU you've got...

Quote[/b] ]

Is there a limit to the weapons the AI can hear. I use a mixed bag of Suchys, Bas, LSR and Kergtys.

Same as above...the more you put in the more your computer have to work so go slow and don't add too much at once...

Quote[/b] ]

Even with the error the Bastards chase me all over Hell.

So far I love the effects even with the error.

smile_o.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)