Sign in to follow this  
Dauragon

Police motorcycle?

Regarding that bike, I agree that it needs much more green on it. Furthermore I wouldn't place the policie tag on a green background. Make it black text on white, like with the other policie vehicles.

And while you are on it. The Soviet boat could make for a nice police patrol boat with just a little retexturing in white and green. Even the pk would still fit.

[Edit] Nah.. I can't be that harsh...

No, I wont be making a boat, as there is already a good one out there (grab it from opflashpoint.org)

And due to the way its mapped, it will be quite hard to add more green...

Put it this way, if you want this tomorrow (which IS quite possible) then you'll like it how it is.

If you dont want it until next weekend, then ask me to add more green...

up to you wink_o.gif

@ Sep. 08 2003,02:10)]I hope you'll have great siren sounds too....Along with your additions

It all depends on what Siren sound you have in MOHAX's GAZ-24 addon, since it would be pointless to duplicate things, if MOHAX allows me, I will simply reference the scripts from his pbo.

That way saves on file size, and heads towards some form of comonality smile_o.gif

i think we should all wait til next week for a better textured bike - it looks nice the way it is now, but there hardly isnt any green on it sad_o.gif

Great work on the bike and the jeep Deadment.  High quality as per usual.  Textures on the bike look fine IMO.

Now if only someone would make a Nogova Fire Department....  wink_o.gif

Poor Nogovians have an entire fleet of law enforcement to give them tickets for parking illegally or arrest them when they've had one too many at the local pub, but no one to show up at their house at 3:00 AM when they've had a heart attack or save their child from a burning building.  Must explain why you dont see any kids running through the Nogova countryside.  tounge_o.gif   wink_o.gif   smile_o.gif

I like what I see Deadmeat. Thumbs up. The JAWA looks better than I thought it would as a cop bike. smile_o.gif

Can't wait for bike and jeep.

A few pics so you can see it ingame:

[Edit] Note the extra green stripe down the side of the bike biggrin_o.gif [/Edit]

noepoliceforce1.jpg

noepoliceforce2.jpg

noepoliceforce3.jpg

noepoliceforce4.jpg

noepoliceforce5.jpg

Looks great m8, how about one day you modify STT's biker(KLR250) to make him look like a police officer with helmet?

smile_o.gifblues.gif just a thought

wow_o.gif  Wow. That looks great. A shot with Airwolf's or No's Mi-2 hovering above would be great.

Could you post a pic that has the bike with a policeman riding on it? I wanna see if the stripes are visible if it's being riden on.

Thanks in advance.

Well This one would be cool

+ Police man of course  biggrin_o.gif

Is it me or is this picture edited so you can see his/an face? because if you look good you see a face but it doesent look real  crazy_o.gif

Yeah i noticed that too, maybe he is wearing a mask..because when its edited its priddy damn good made.

I was thinking about doing that, but the dirt biker helmet seems a bit too modern for the Nogovan police force...

I may do a biker unit at some point, but I think that the guys riding round with their peaked caps looks cool, and sort of fits in with the "poorer" Nogovan style.

I'm also in the process of modifying the config so that people with un-edited GAZ's can have the Jeep, Bike and GAZ with the new siren.

All credit goes to MOHAX for the scripts, the GAZ model, and the concept, it is sheer genius, well done mate.

Hey, great work DeadMeat! Goes well with the rest of the Nogovan Police vehicles.

Oh yeah biggrin_o.gif . Thats the shit! That's the shit I like!!!!!!

That looks awesome. The cop looks right at home on that bike! Lookin forward to this one biggrin_o.gif .

Just waiting for Mohax to give me the go-ahead, and this addon is ready for you biggrin_o.gif

[Edit] In the mean time, here is the readme:

Nogovan Policie Jeep and Bike

By DeadMeat

Version: 1.0

OFP TAG: DMX

Required Addons

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

MOHAX's excellent GAZ 24 addon.

Currently available here: ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/unofaddons2/gaz24-beta.rar

Credits

- - - - - - - - - -

Jeep:

Models: Bohemia Interactive Studios, DeadMeat

Textures: Bohemia Interactive Studios

CPP Programming: Bohemia Interactive Studios, DeadMeat

Special Effects Mohax, DeadMeat

Bike:

Models: Bohemia Interactive Studios, DeadMeat

Textures: DeadMeat

CPP Programming: Bohemia Interactive Studios, DeadMeat

GAZ 24:

Models: Mohax

Textures: Mohax

CPP Programming: Mohax, DeadMeat

Special Thanks: A very big thankyou to MOHAX, without him, I wouldnt have bothered to make this. And a big thankyou to Bohemia Interactive for making the game, without them, we wouldn't be here.

VERSION HISTORY

===============

1.0 (08-09-03)

- First release

What the hell is this?

----------------------

This addon encompasses a re-skin of the BIS Bike (requires resistance to run) as well as a modification of the BIS Police Jeep.

Both vehicles now include Flashing lights, and sirens (thanks to MOHAX for the Scripts), and are in the colourscheme of the Nogovan Police Force.

As a bonus, I have included a modified version of MOHAX's excellent GAZ 24 police car, which now has a new siren sound.

How to use

==========

Simply extract the dmx_policie.pbo into your Operation Flashpoint\Addons directory.

ADDED UNITS:

============

Under Civilian -> DMX Car

- Name

- classname

- "Bike (Police - L/S)"

- ClassName: dmx_policiejawa

- "Jeep (Police - L/S)"

- ClassName: dmx_policiejeep

- "GAZ 24 (Police - L/S)"

- ClassName: dmx_policiegaz

How to make the lights flash

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

During the daytime, all you have to do is use the "Siren on" / "Siren off" user action. This will trigger the lights and the siren.

Using the "Lights on" / "Lights off" action will turn on just the flashing lights.

At night-time MOHAX has created an excellent script, that creates a flash of bright light, which simulates the strobe effect of the blue lights.

To activate this, type;

MX_vspoloh_on = true

into the vehicles init line.

How to make the Lights Flash when the vehicle is operated by the AI

Simply type this line into the vehicles init, a trigger or a waypoint:

this animate ["mig_anim", 0.5]

To turn the lights and siren on simply type:

this animate ["mig_anim", 1]

And to turn either of them off type

this animate ["mig_anim", 0]

- = * = - = * = - = * = - = * = - = * = - = * = - = * = - = * = - = * = - = * = - = * = -

MOHAX's GAZ Readme:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

(file included)

biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  blues.gif

C'mon MOHAX. I wanna download this baby when I wake up tomorrow.  wink_o.gif

Once again, great work DMX, and I can't wait to try them out myself. biggrin_o.gif

[edit] you know what I'll be dreamin about tonight. A nice car chase mission! [/edit]

Are you gonna created more things for the nogova Police Force or was this a one time favor biggrin_o.gif ?

@waffen - No it isn't, I'm waiting for permission from Mohax before I release this (since it uses his scripts)

@Uncle sam - I may make a few more things... depends on how I'm feeling

Sorry in my joy i posted it and later i readed the readme and i saw you havent got any Permision sad_o.gif sorry for it but i hope MOHAX goves you an Green light

By the way i found a picture of a cool helmet that could work

Dont laugh because i couldnt find a good picture tounge_o.gif

7681.gif

I hope MOHAX already spent some time adjusting his siren sound/loop, etc. with the GAZ24.

Deadmeat, you could also talk to MOHAX regarding the siren sound itself. The current one doens't loop very well. That's why some other people including me suggested new siren accustics in that GAZ24 thread. I still think that the one I suggested would be a superior choice.

Maybe you could make that GAZ24 a little less fast off-road, if that goes ok with MOHAX? That way it would complement the jeep nicely. The jeep being the off-road and field path king, while the GAZ scores on roads, while still being a tad better off-road than the other standard cars.

Even though it might not be possible or you don't want to change it, I'd still want to suggest some minor changes to the motorcycle's texture: Remove the green stripe from the fuel tank and instead add the policie tag on the white fuel tank. Remove the green spot with the policie sign from the front wheel's fender and instead paint the whole fender green.

Otherwise good work. This will be very nice in that serial killer mission, I'm modifying.