Sign in to follow this  
Midway

Ka-60 progress?

I remember that there was someone who was working on a KA-60 Kasatka, just wondering how the progress is going smile_o.gif

There is one made by Drewb99 who seems to be pretty much done when i look at the last pics ive seen and there is a Kasatka made by Mr.Mapper who is now with RHS, this means we are preparing a Kasatka pack with several versions.

I have no idea when it will be done atm, stay tuned...

I need a cockpit pannel and then mine will be pretty much done.

I need a cockpit pannel and then mine will be pretty much done.

Do you mean the main cockpit control panel? I bet interior pics for a KA-60 are very hard to find, considering how rare it is. Maybe some of the people here could help with that, or at least scouring the web for stuff. I'm eager to see this bird released. It'll be perfect for modern day spec-op missions where something like the Mi-2 is a bit obsolete. Plus it looks sweet, which always helps. tounge_o.gif

LOL! That cockpit look simpler than the one of the plane I flew....Grob Tutor biggrin_o.gif (A small piston engined basic trainer tounge_o.gif )

LOL! That cockpit look simpler than the one of the plane I flew....Grob Tutor  biggrin_o.gif  (A small piston engined basic trainer  tounge_o.gif  )

Yeah, it looks very basic. I expected better from such a modern, supposedly high-tech chopper. But then I guess the Ruskies have never been into expensive digital systems like you'd find on say an MH-60. It may not look like much but I bet it's ultra reliable and does the job.

Maybe you can try streching/skewing and just basically messing around with the whole dashboard or the specific dials to get them into perspective?

Unless you want to texture that whole interior by hand, which will take a long time if you ask me.

Maybe you can try streching/skewing and just basically messing around with the whole dashboard or the specific dials to get them into perspective?

Unless you want to texture that whole interior by hand, which will take a long time if you ask me.

not true..made one in 1 day

But then again i hated doing it wink_o.gif

Hmm. Just had a look on Google for cockpit pics and they're non-existent. I didn't find a single one. Looks like you may have to make do with the ones Lee H Oswald showed. I'm sure no-one will mind if you use a bit of creative licence to fill in the gaps. wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

not true..made one in 1 day

But then again i hated doing it  wink_o.gif

You must of sat all day at your comp then. smile_o.gif

Hmm. Just had a look on Google for cockpit pics and they're non-existent. I didn't find a single one. Looks like you may have to make do with the ones Lee H Oswald showed. I'm sure no-one will mind if you use a bit of creative licence to fill in the gaps. wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Oh there are useable pics and even blueprints off all versions including cargo space... you just need to find em...

Oh there are useable pics and even blueprints off all versions including cargo space... you just need to find em...

Once again, I have 'em but they're mostly of the KA62 and are still rather vague with details.

yeah you guys at RHS have secret service info thats for sure biggrin_o.gif (Arena)

Is the version worth a screenshot here?

Shown earlier in the Combat Photography thread:

KA60_beauty1.jpg

*Edit* Since this shot, the nose has been changed, the exhausts have been moved, and continuing progress is being made on the cockpit.

Looking great, top notch work there!

RHS Guys:

Can you give us any hints what kind of scripts or special features we'll be seeing with these? Looks very nice, can't wait until they're done!

looks nice

how about making a fast rope script

first russian helicopter with fast roping wink_o.gif

It looks like the Aerospatiale Dauphin... smile_o.gif

What's the role of this chopper?

It looks like the Aerospatiale Dauphin... smile_o.gif

What's the role of this chopper?

fly