elott

Extreme lagging in arsenal/menus/even looking at the ground.

(sorry if this is in the wrong place I made an account just so I could ask about this I'm losing my mind with this issue)

Ok so I'm literally so desperate I cant find any help apart from two obscure reddit/steam posts which have something I can do but its a last ditch effort. 

(high end pc, nothing to do with my performance; 

cpu: r7 7800x3d

gpu: 3070
ram: 32gb 6000mhz ddr5

ssd: 2tb 7400mbps nvme drive)

So my issue is that when I'm in menus, my displayed fps (according to Nvidia, steam and msi fps counters) is 200+ yet my screen is displaying like less than 5 and sometimes I don't even get 2 fps. It mainly happens in the menus and I can actually select things by alt tabbing, putting my cursor over the option, tabbing back in, pressing the button then redoing that cycle every time I want to select something. 

In arsenal (ace/virtual) my fps once again says 200+ but displays extremely low, it fixes when I look at the sky however not helpful when I'm trying to make a kit for my unit/just use the arsenal for anything. 

I've tried changing tons of parameters, tried profiling branch, main branch, system memory limits, hyperthreading blah blah just pretty much all settings in the parameters and all memory allocators. 

The last ditch effort things were to reinstall arma and clean install windows 11. Both of those I am willing to do however I'd prefer to not have to. I accidentally reset arma somehow and it fixed itself, however it removed all my binds etc. I am wondering whether it was shader caches or something idk but this is why I'm asking. 

A couple things as well: 

- I am in a unit and mainly play with a lot of mods HOWEVER nobody else in the unit has these issues and also the issues happen with 0 mods, 1 mod whatever, it just always happens

-At Christmas I basically built a new pc (same drives as old one, just unplug and plugged into new pc) and then I got a new drive a month later, reinstalled arma onto that drive and didnt work. 

-Windows 11 hasn't been reinstalled since i made new pc 

-Doesnt happen on any other games including games on this same drive and happened when arma was on my other drive aswell. 

- i have reshade but once again it used to work fine now it doesnt and other people have my same preset and worse pcs, it works for them.

any help at all would be really appreciated!

Hello, Welcome to BI forums!

If there is anything we can look at it would be your RPT, so i suggest getting ingame with your mods and reproduce the issue.

RPT might help identify an issue but cant say for sure, least we can do is look.

So do that, make sure you start the game with full logs on, so in the Arma 3 Launcher go to parameters and set this setting:

[ ] no logs

make sure that box is unchecked.

Once your done ingame then go here -----> C:\Users\usrname\AppData\Local\Arma 3

There you'll see a text document that ends in .rpt, open that with notepad, copy it all

and then paste it here ----> https://justpaste.it/

publish it and share the link, from there i and whomever else if interested can take a look and maybe it will reveal something that your not seeing.

Outside that, about the only things that comes to mind is gpu temps but then that would effect the rest of the game too and not just the menus,

possible it could be the gpu driver, could be something with win 11.

Ya its odd my specs are way lower then yours and the game runs fine, so ya it is odd.

@Tankbuster any ideas here?

• Like 1

On 5/12/2024 at 5:53 PM, elott said:

nd pc, nothing to do with my performance; 

cpu: r7 7800x3d

gpu: 3070

I tried to upload the RPT on that just paste it thing, it just lagged the website (I assume it was due to the high character count) but I uploaded it onto google drive instead: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XxWnuJ1NU_2hu4gD_uco0NulxtbGsH3I/view?usp=sharing

my gpu temps are mostly fine I've been monitoring them as well as cpu temps. The temps are pretty low but I doubt that's  a bad thing (65/70 degrees), the GPU activation is around 98%. CPU activation is around 20% and temps hovering around 70 degrees, also not sure if that's a bad thing. 

I am also updated to the most recent gpu drivers, most recent windows 11 etc. 

lol this error makes my head hurt I have no idea and only clue I have ever had is that when all my settings got reset, the freezing subsided but then came back after a while so I really don't know.

That's a lot of addons! And a lot of errors with them.

• Sad 1

Late reply, thanks for the rpt, ya as Tankbuster said ALOT of addons!

Reviewing the rpt you have alot of mod conflicts, and some mods that are not even being loaded because other

mods are missing.

3/4 of the RPT is error spam and warnings.

In the mission your playing are you playing with ALL of these mods, like are you using all the assets, features and functions all the time?

I'm doubting you are, imo i suggest only load those mods that the server or the mission requires thats the base mods, nothing else.

The lag your experiencing is from not only the many mods your game is trying to load but the constant spamming of errors.

Heres my suggestion:

1. Either lose some mods, and only play/load those mods that mission/ and or server requires for the mission.

2. Turn off your logs in the Arma 3 launcher parameters, doing so will eliminate the spam, and any lag from the spamming at least for that.

The only rpt log the game will produce is a short time stamp after you start the game, after that nothing will be written into it, that will help.

Outside that if you get any more lag then its the errors, and conflicts between the mods, the rpt tells you which mods, and what mods your missing,

which mods are not compatible, again suggest you eliminate some mods and go from there.

In Arma less is more.

• Thanks 1

Thank you, yeah turning off no logs helped a little bit but now at least menus don't have a fit.

Regarding the mods, i'm in a unit and we need the amount of mods to play on the server and do whatever. The only thing is that throughout the 30 other people, not a single one has any issues like mine. If it could be the other amount of mods (as in the unloaded ones) it could be those as I have quite a few but I didn't think it was as they aren't being loaded after all. 

But anyway thank you for you're help!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, elott said:

i'm in a unit and we need the amount of mods to play on the server and do whatever.

An idea you can try thats up to your server admin, and or leader whom ever is running your server, is to create profiles

for certain missions or certain types of missions. Each profile is a composite of the mods that, that particular, or those missions

require.

Obviously there is going to be mods that you guys are going to use that the mission dont require because assets and gameplay

for a mission are different in terms of what their doing.   So setting up profiles anyways would allow you all to cut down, or limit the

number of mods that the server would need or use. Less possible conflicts, and less and or reduction on any possible performance loss.

Just a thought, and for the server command line you can easily switch between command-lines which would be the server profiles.

The only thing is that throughout the 30 other people, not a single one has any issues like mine.

Any of them also running window 11 like you?

If it could be the other amount of mods (as in the unloaded ones)

Unloaded mods wont effect anything, suggest just running only what the server requires and dont add anything else if you were before,

and see if that makes any difference. Just keep in mind that if you know what you are going to be playing and your loading mods that

you probably wont use any of their features, or assets during the mission, then personally i would not load them.

Tip for the server side is tell your admin to disable the logs, unless hes using them for something, but if not,

if you let the rpt on a server build up into the gb size it can start to cost the server some performance in terms of memory.

Imo really you dont need the logs on unless you have some issue like the server isn't loading the mission, or the server is crashing,

or game is freezing.