Sign in to follow this  
Chriz

Us inanrty with  m-1 helmets

smile_o.gif

hi i modifies the demo files and made us infantry from the 1985 era they have m-1 helmets the {textures are by grimsey i still need permission from him first} be fore relase

i have pics need sum where 2 host them wink_o.gif

Anything about this US soldiers?

Any luck?

yo waddup chris, yea i made those, ALONG tiem ago, man thats like crazy old school, its back fro mteh Somcon mod if im correct, i dont even think i have those on my computer anymroe rofl, hey bt why didn't you email me? would gone alot smoother, anyways, you can feel free to use those textures, becuase recently i've made much better ones, anyways you know the drill credits, and such, keep up the nice work

Its missing a light green band that sits right above the "curve" at the bottom.

And I don't think anyone ever used chin straps for the old M1s.

Yeah they would have changed to PASGT helmets in the mid 1980s but that doesn't mean all units were using it. I'm pretty sure alot of National Guard units wouldn't have been issued with them until every front line unit was given the newer helmet. I evan saw a picture in a magazine of some 1993 training exercise and a marine was still wearing a m1 helmet.

If you look at sailors they still wear the m1 helmets. That gives me an idea. Ever taught about doing sailors

Oh yeah the helmets do look really good but they tilted a little too far back and a little to small. I suggest you look at the Nam Pack troops who wear the same helmet. in the NAM pack they have seemed to have done the helmets right.

But it looks good so far ;)

updates!

http://www.pbase.com/chriz23/inbox

i added olives infantry and finshed the m-1 helmet

so there is 2 sets of infantry now

the olives textures by platoon abalaze

and the woodlands textures by grimsey! biggrin_o.gif

I like them smile_o.gif

They'd be good also for African and South American forces smile_o.gif

i am also working on sailors of the period with m-1 helmets but i need refernece pics!

jus touching up some final bugs and the soldiers shud b on ofp.info 2 morrow

this topic has been dead 4 a while i am jus finshing final touch ups on the us infantry pack which will include national guardsmen and hopefully sailors but i am making birtish army stuff of the period as well and am starting 2 make a cheiftan tank smile_o.gif

If you make a decent Chieftain, I'll keep you in beer for the rest of your life mate biggrin_o.gif

updates smile_o.gif

well i have finshed the national guards they use ebuds textures from sstveitnamsoldiersw i used the officers textures becasue they look alot like the green uniforms that i have seen the n/g wearing need 2 get permisiion though so i am gonna pm ebud bout it

1nce the n/g is finshed i will start work on my british infantry and cheiftain i don't know when this will be completed but i need plenty of brit infantry screens b4 i get 2 work pictures of the final us m1 helmet pack coming sonn then it will b available 4 download @ ofp.info smile_o.gif