Sign in to follow this  
Dark Knight

Operation sci-fi center

for the guy who was hoping to see some space marines, here's a sneak peak at one of the latest team betas, enjoy smile_o.gif

spacemarines.jpg

Wow! They look sweeeeet az!

I kno this is a bit of a late reply but betta then starting a new topic.

So any updates you guys ? smile_o.gif

Nive work guys. When the first early Tie stuff first appeared I thought - the game engine is just too far away from what you guys want to achieve. I appologise.

Do you think the multiturret script could provide a working solution to my little problem?

I have a gunner in the turret but the MG needs to be in another position with a limited traverse in the hull. The 2 guns are in this image.

010903.jpg

Maybe you could use some of the attach 1 vehicle to another script allready out there?

Heres one good one you can pick up from OFPEC:

MG on vehicle script (Improved) by Wadi

All you would need to do is simpley make the tank (witch you all ready have) and make a seprate MG turret to go with it.Then place this lil script init and should work (the script will place the center of the MG object directly in the centre of the Tank Object)

He! i'm LordHorus from the Operation SCI-FI star wars mod, i just want to tell you guys what im working on at the moment.

because we dont have a lot of people working on the mod sad_o.gif progress is slow but at the moment there are several addons in the making: Like

X-34 Landspeeder

Sandcrawler

AT-AT

AT-ST

Tatooine

Lambda class shuttle

Civilian transport

when i have the time i will post some screens of my progress

id just like to add that we have got our selves a new TExtureer meaning that addons will be comming that much quicker now.. so stay tuned for the latest updates..

Just some news from me about our Upcoming Imperial Guard Pack, rather than typing something up, ill just post parts of the post i made at our forums:

I've been working on the Imperial Guard Armour Pack, as well as an Updated Imperial Infantry Pack. The pack is going to take a little longer, as a few days ago, i was just playing around with a few things, and was writing down a list of what weapons to have for the infantry, and it hit me, i stubbled on a way of making a working Flamer (Flamethrower) for ofp. I know there are currently ones out there already, and iv known about them for some time. However, the current flamethrowers for ofp, all involve placing triggers and doing scripting in the mission editor. However, i have stubled on a method that requires no scripting by the user (its all done in the config) and no placement of triggers or any of that annoying crap, its simple, u place the addon in ur addons directory, run ofp, put the flamer guy in a mission or waht ever, and bobs ur uncle, u have a working flamethrower that works, i.e. it actually damages things.

Iv also made a model for the flamer, so as out new texturer, if its not too much trouble, korvass, it would be a great help if we could get it textured.

On further news, because of this development, the imperial armour pack will be delayed, as i now have plans to include the HellHound Tank (for those who dont know, a tank with a large flamethrower as its primary weapon).

Iv also managed to get people who are damaged by the flamer to catch alight, and run around like crazy screaming there heads off (dont have the screeming sound effect yet, so if someone has time... would be great, doesnt have to be ur voice, if someones willing, just walk aup behind ur dad with a sowing needle and a microphone..... im sure u get the rest ).

So far the large Imperial Pack (due in the next few weeks - month etc, sometime around Christmas would be nice, so if everyone gets into gear, u can contact me and i can assign u a task to help move this along) will the following:

Infantry:

Imperial Guardsmen - LasGun

Imperial Guardsmen - Flamer

Imperial Guardsmen - Long Las (Sniper varient LasGun)

Imperial Guardsmen - Grenade Launcher

Imperial Guardsmen - MeltaGun

Imperial Guardsmen - Rocket Launcher

Imperial Guardsmen - Sergent with LasPistol and CloseCombat Weapon

Imperial Guardsmen - Tank Crew

Armour

BaneBlade

StormSword

Leman Russ

Leman Russ - Exterminator

Leman Russ - Demolisher

Chimera

HellHound

Basilisk

Griffon

Air

Valkyrie

Just to let u guys know how the progress is going, on this MASSIVE pack: The Models for everything except the HellHound and the LR Demolisher are completed, The new look Imp. Guardsmen model is 80% done, ill post some screen shots over the next few days; The textures on 80% of the tanks are done, new textures that is, to match the new guardsmen, and 30% of the weapons are textured.

Config.cpp files and scripts are 90% done.

This sounds cool but ya...screenshots!

And it's only polite to post screenshots if in fact, you are actually going to release this. wink_o.gif

once these have been textured ull will get ure screenshots.. other then that look a few pages down i belive there were some of the early stage of them if not ill psot some later

Edit: pictures will be posted tomorrow, u wont be dissapointed

Very nice textures on the Bolt pistol i must say wow_o.gif ! The tanks are looking very fine also but i take it you still have to finsih the textures of.

Cant wait till release!

Keep up the good work. biggrin_o.gif

That bolt pistol is awesome...and ya, the rest are "good" but need some polishing.

I'd like to see that TAU pack fixed up a bit and re-released...that had some great potential as well. smile_o.gif

The Tau pack is in the process of being redone, although I can't give any idea of a release date for that.

That's awesome news! I can't wait to see the new version as even the old version was just amazing. I pitted them against the Colonial Marines for some interesting battles on some of the desert maps. smile_o.gif

I need to try putting them on the Tonal map. smile_o.gif

I hope you will make the "stealth" skins for the stealth units a kind of proxy that can appear and disappear. But I wonder if the "probabality of detection" for a unit can be changed when you switch back and forth between stealth and non-stealth mode. If so that would really be amazing. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sweet... nice flamethrower or whatever that thing is. I like the music also on the video, but it could have done without the film grain stuff. It would have been more dramatic I think showing two dozen or so hellhounds charging into battle against two dozen enemy vehicles. smile_o.gif

Anyhoo...that addon is looking good!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sweet... nice flamethrower or whatever that thing is.  I like the music also on the video, but it could have done without the film grain stuff.  It would have been more dramatic I think showing two dozen or so hellhounds charging into battle against two dozen enemy vehicles.  smile_o.gif

Anyhoo...that addon is looking good!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

teg it is a flamethrower tank a effective on at that since the men run around like headless chickens when there on fire smile_o.gif im sure u and every one else with have lots of fun with this tank alone with its features

Archangel has just posted some more pics for all the warhammer fans

Quote[/b] ]As promised, here are some pictures of the 3 Leman Russ Varients that will appear in our upcoming Imperial Guard Pack. The Tanks are: -Leman Russ Battle Tank -Leman Russ Exterminator -Leman Russ Demolisher The textures to these 3 tanks are 80% completed, i will post screen shots of them completed sometime in the following week.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Enjoy

how bout some info on your atat and atst walkers, I think those are the addons that will take ofp to a new level.

there are being a little rushed to get them released but it will be fully functional.. so expect these critters in the near future

no release date for them as of yet