Sign in to follow this  
Aaronj5

Mk 23 socom w/removable silencer?

Does anyone know of a SOCOM with a Removable Silencer?

Don´t think so sad_o.gif

well the model must be replace by an other in midgame, thats posible, but difficult, also the ammonition must change.

It's not too difficult, but you'd have 2 mags of regular ammo and 2 clips of ammo where the supressor's on.

There was a Colt M1911 that had an "animated" slide, which was achieved by a part of the model appearing and disappearing to give the effect of a slide which flies back after each round...possibly the same principal could be applied to a silencer on the end of a pistol - have a part of the model which only appears when "add silencer" action is performed.

Possibly you could link the silencer effect (lower noise, lower damage) to 2 different fire modes, like how the recent Mini 14 addon changed scopes when you changed fire modes...

Just a fw thoughts... wink_o.gif

It's not too difficult, but you'd have 2 mags of regular ammo and 2 clips of ammo where the supressor's on.

That's what I'm talking about.

Inquisitor did something to that effect with the M4 SOPMOD in his high detail weapons pack. While the pack also includes silenced and unsilenced Mk 23 with laser sights you can't add/remove silencer I think.

Suggest you just save some money and buy the real MK23/SOCOM. Then you won't have any problems removing/mounting a can wink_o.gif

Atleast I don't have any problem there tounge_o.gif

There was a Colt M1911 that had an "animated" slide, which was achieved by a part of the model appearing and disappearing to give the effect of a slide which flies back after each round...possibly the same principal could be applied to a silencer on the end of a pistol - have a part of the model which only appears when "add silencer" action is performed.

Possibly you could link the silencer effect (lower noise, lower damage) to 2 different fire modes, like how the recent Mini 14 addon changed scopes when you changed fire modes...

Just a fw thoughts... wink_o.gif

As far as i know the 'animated slides' on addon pistols in ofp use the default ofp flash to work, they are just grouped with the muzzle flash, you cant use the hiddenselections seen on things like the patches on the soldier that came with the delta/ranger pack as they only work on vehicle types (in ofp coding), not weapons.

Well, I'll just get the High Detail Weapons pack. Thank you.

BTW, The Real Mk. 23 is a bit out of my Budget for an OPF mission.

Once and for all: NO its not possible.

Once and for all: NO its not possible.

it's possible, look @ Inquisitors M24

it is possible.....

check out the HK pack G36

when u change ammo type to silent a supressor appears on the weapon biggrin_o.gif

ive fired the thing in real life and its a hell of a gun! accurite yet heavy.......just my two cents....it would be cool if it could happen. let me know when someone does it. biggrin_o.gif

P.S. i saw t3 the first day and it kicked ass and the girl is so hot! wink_o.gif