Sign in to follow this  
goldmember

Realistic explosion mod  v1.1

I having some problems with the MOD. Whenever there are ANY air units I get the message Script \GMR\check_dammage_air.sqs not found and cannot play the mision from the editor.

Any else seen this or know a fix?

Another problem: Can't aim or move when using pistols. This works fine with-out GMR Mod.

I have GMRExplode setup in it own addon dir.

"I get the message Script \GMR\check_dammage_air.sqs not found and cannot play the mision from the editor."

You used old config version instead of 1.46

"Another problem: Can't aim or move when using pistols. "

You used config.cpp insted of config.bin

http://au.f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/

ID: ftielemans

PW: dey8p7

GMR_mod folder

So d/l version 1.46 and use config.bin!

my stupid english is so bad..... dont really understand how to install GRM + INQ    wow_o.gif

Where are you from?

If you understand Spanish better, I can tell you in Spanish.

Send me a pm and let me know.

EDIT: the reason why I think you are Spanish spocker is because of your name Diablo Terror.

But I could be wrong and you could be Portugesse.

I discovered some very strange (for me) things in basic vehicle's config.bin. I did not payed to much attention for it because I use my modified vehicles config long time. But now when I made aircraft effects for you noticed this "problem" again.

- BMP2 and M2A2 do not target any aircraft.

- Although machinegun bullets has function (airLock=1) to target aircraft, machinegunner soldier only attacks UH-60MG choppers, and jeepgunner,tankgunner only attacks UH-60MG and AH1 choppers.

Are these realistic or not? If you think that worse to change this I could made a pack that resolve this problem.

hey for some reason the main gun dust effect is not working in 1.47 beta gmo is there any reason why? also for some reason for the longest time i had the solder moving sound and then it just stop working, now it sond more like im crushing ice when i walk biggrin_o.gif

Great work i love your addon. Now i dont know if it has been requested if it has im sorry. But i was hoping you could make missle firing more releastic, with more smoke, back fire on some launchers, etc. Would add the last bits needed to make Flashpoint not only the best releastic shooters but also the best shooter with the best FX

I discovered some very strange (for me) things in basic vehicle's config.bin. I did not payed to much attention for it because I use my modified vehicles config long time. But now when I made aircraft effects for you noticed this "problem" again.

- BMP2 and M2A2 do not target any aircraft.

- Although machinegun bullets has function (airLock=1) to target aircraft, machinegunner soldier only attacks UH-60MG choppers, and jeepgunner,tankgunner only attacks UH-60MG and AH1 choppers.

Are these realistic or not? If you think that worse to change this I could made a pack that resolve this problem.

BMP2's and M2A2's SHOULD attack aircraft with their cannons.

Machine gunners only seem to attack vehicles with low armour values like UH-60's, OH-58's etc and not gunships like AH-64's and Mi-24's. I don't know whether this is realistic or not. I guess in reality troops would be chucking everything they had at a heavily armed attack helo that was doing it's utmost to blow them to pieces, but in OFP terms you don't really want your machine gunner giving away your squad's position to a searching gunship and using up all his ammo in the process. Tricky decision that one. rock.gif

I think tank shock dust is missing in my 1.47 GMR also, although I'm not certain. 'Soldiermoving' has never worked with Goldmember's mod.

Oh, and I think improved missile effects (like the MLRS ones in COC's Unified Artillery addon) would be SWEET. Having a smoke cloud when a TOW or a Hellfire missile was launched would be great, and would make OFP a lot more more realistic as Speeeedy said. I can think of no better man than Goldmember to implement this. wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

You can get full DR if you add all specialsoldiermoves to your config.cpp and then copy the first part with all the #defines from the DR-config.bin (use a hex-editor to do that) and replace that part in "your" config.bin.

Save and play with full DR.

I do biggrin_o.gif

'Soldiermoving' has never worked with Goldmember's mod.

it has for me, I used to hear bottles and key sounds win i would run, (but not the grane throwing sound) for the longest time but now it is off and on sometimes but i can figure out why sad_o.gif

You can get full DR if you add all specialsoldiermoves to your config.cpp and then copy the first part with all the #defines from the DR-config.bin (use a hex-editor to do that) and replace that part in "your" config.bin.

I do  biggrin_o.gif

I'm not too sure what you mean here. What config.cpp are you referring to? Can you elaborate on the process? Better still, if it really is possible to get 'full' DR working with the explosion mod, you should let Goldmember know how to do it and he can then implement it in future versions of the mod instead of everyone having to manually edit their own files. smile_o.gif

Great work GMR - thanks.

One question - I want to turn off the the helidust script in 1.46, but I can't seem to edit the exp_init.sqs file correctly. I dePBOed the GMR.pbo then opened the exp_init file with notepad and just changed the helidust=1 to =0, so it reads as below. Then I compressed the folder into a new GMR.pbo and used that, but I still get the helidust.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help!

_object= _this select 0

_bnumber= _this select 1

_snumber= _this select 2

;change Probfire value (0-100) to modify the probability of explosion with fire effect

Probfire=49

;change Probsec value (0-100) to modify the probability of secondary ammoexplosion effect

Probsec=49

;change Probfireworks value (0-100) to to modify the probability of smoking, burning effect

;on flying debris when secondary ammoexplosion take place

Probfireworks=99

;change Dustwave value (0=off, 1=on) to turn on/off effect during explosion

Dustwave=1

;change Shockdust value (0=off, 1=on) to turn on/off effect during explosion

Shockdust=1

;change Helidust value (0=off, 1=on) to turn on/off effect during chopper take on/off

Helidust=0

;change Longsmoke value (0=basic OFP smoke, 1=Longsmoke effect) to turn on/off effect

Longsmoke=1

;delay time (in second) before Longsmoke starts - not RECOMMENDED TO CHANGE considerably!

Waitbefore=40+random 20

;change Smoketime value (in second) to modify how long smoke effect will last in average

;(it is only works if you chose _longsmoke=1)

Smoketime=240

;change Burntime value (in second) to modify how long burning effect will last in average

;(it is only works if you chose _longsmoke=1)

Burntime=120

;change Debrislight value (0=off, 1=on) to turn on/off burning debris give off light in dark

Debrislight=1

;change Crewescape value

;0= crew NOT leave disabled vehicle

;1= crew ALLWAYS leave disabled vehicle

;2= crew leave disabled vehicle if it CAN NOT FIRE

;3= crew leave disabled vehicle if it CAN NOT FIRE, RANDOMIZED

Crewescape=3

;change Deadbodies value (0=off, 1=on) to determine whether want to see bodies around destroyed vehicles or not

;it is available to car, truck and air vehicle class

Deadbodies=1

;determine Smalleffectrange (in meter) to reduce CPU usage

;small effect means -> smoke or flame on debris and dead body, if player too far away don't show these effects at all

Smalleffectrange=300

;change Destroyedhouse value (0=off, 1=on) to turn on/off smoking,burning effect on destroyed houses

Destroyedhouse=1

?(Probfire < 0 or Probfire > 100):Probfire=49

?(Probsec < 0 or Probsec > 100):Probsec=49

?(Smoketime < 0):Smoketime=240

?(Burntime < 0):Burntime=120

?(Longsmoke == 0):Smoketime=0;Burntime=0

?(Deadbodies == 1 and _bnumber != 0):[_object,_bnumber] exec "\GMR\fall_body.sqs"

?(Dustwave == 1 and _snumber != 0):[_object,_snumber] exec "\GMR\dustwave.sqs"

exit

Quote[/b] ]Quote (andersson @ Oct. 26 2003,00:32)

I do

I'm not too sure what you mean here. What config.cpp are you referring to? Can you elaborate on the process? Better still, if it really is possible to get 'full' DR working with the explosion mod, you should let Goldmember know how to do it and he can then implement it in future versions of the mod instead of everyone having to manually edit their own files.

If you add all specialsoldiermoves from the DR-config.CPP to your own and then make a config.BIN out of that you cant hear the specialsounds (its silent when you go prone and so on). You can read about it earlier in this thread, because there is missing some #defines that are missing when you decompile the original DR-config.BIN.

If you use a hex-editor and copy that first part (all the #defines) from the DR-config.BIN and paste it over the same part of your config.BIN you add all missing #defines -> Full DR.

I told Goldmember about this some weeks ago. Its possible to release all GMR_DR+whatever with full DR but then you cant get a editable config.cpp. If you want I can make a tutorial in how to do it and download it to his yahoo?

Great work i love your addon. Now i dont know if it has been requested if it has im sorry. But i was hoping you could make missle firing more releastic, with more smoke, back fire on some launchers, etc. Would add the last bits needed to make Flashpoint not only the best releastic shooters but also the best shooter with the best FX

I though about that aswell, but it should be added only to guided misiles.

Imagine a Hind shoting all the load of FFARs in one go with a smoke trail effect, that would lagg like hell even in the big machines.

Guided misiles don't get fired as much as the unguided ones, in theory, atlist by the AI.

I definitly would like to see it coming from the "new" SAM addons, like the Sa-11 SAM made by Iva from [bKM], or the MTLB SA-13 from Marfy. That would be something biggrin_o.gif

If you want I can make a tutorial in how to do it and download it to his yahoo?

Yes please! What do you use as a hex editor? Also, why not just put your own new config.bin in his Yahoo folder as well? smile_o.gif

I will do that.

edit: its done

I will not put any of my config.bin there because my addon folder is a personal mess biggrin_o.gif

There you have crossbreeding of all kinds... So to get my config.bins to work you had to download all my mod-folders...

Anderson, did you just made a tutorial abon Bin files? I been asking for one for the last two months crazy_o.gif

Please, tell me that this is a tutorial on the modification of bin folders, please, please... smile_o.gif

It's a tutorial that tells you how to get Dynamic Range working fully with the explosion mod. smile_o.gif

One question - I want to turn off the the helidust script in 1.46, but I can't seem to edit the exp_init.sqs file correctly. I dePBOed the GMR.pbo then opened the exp_init file with notepad and just changed the helidust=1 to =0, so it reads as below. Then I compressed the folder into a new GMR.pbo and used that, but I still get the helidust.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help!

You done it right! But there is a deficiency in my scripts. At the beginning every effects were connected to vehicle destruction. So exp_init.sqs - where key values are stored - was only executed when a vehicle destroyed. But now there are some effects, like helidust and gundust not connected to explosion so until one vehicle not destroying these effects not live or live but don't have to... wink_o.gif I find out something to handle this failure.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Helitargeting problem:

thank machinegunner and tankgunner will attacks transports helis- uh60,uh60-mg,ch47,mi-17 - and small helis like oh58 and so on

BMP2 and M2A2 gets airtargeting ability.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

And I will look at missile dust possibility

I'm having a few problems following your tutorial andersson.

-I downloaded the editable cpp files from Goldmembers briefcase and opened the middle+blood+dr cpp file (I take it this is what you meant by 'your' config.cpp?)

-I found 'class man : land' under vehicles and then found the class SoundEnvironExt below that, but I didn't know whether to copy your text over just the 'class SoundEnvironExt' text or over all the existing text as well (i.e. the {normalExt[]={{"People\dirt_L",0.00006,1} etc etc? If it's the latter, how much of the text do I copy over?

-I then found 'class Civilian : Man' and tried to find the 'class SoundEnvironExt' text for that section but there wasn't one - in fact there was only one other 'class SoundEnvironExt' in the entire cpp text

Also, what do you mean by 'Find the original config.bin from DynamicRange'? Do you mean the corresponding bin file for the cpp used, i.e. in my case the config.bin for middle+blood+dr?

Cheers. smile_o.gif

Hmmm..  Yes, youre right. I been spending to much time reading config.cpp´s so I dont remember how the originals look like..  crazy_o.gif

I will upload a newer version.

Quote[/b] ]-I downloaded the editable cpp files from Goldmembers briefcase and opened the middle+blood+dr cpp file (I take it this is what you meant by 'your' config.cpp?)

Yes  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

-I found 'class man : land' under vehicles and then found the class SoundEnvironExt below that, but I didn't know whether to copy your text over just the 'class SoundEnvironExt' text or over all the existing text as well (i.e. the {normalExt[]={{"People\dirt_L",0.00006,1} etc etc? If it's the latter, how much of the text do I copy over?

The latter. You copy over the whole "class"

Quote[/b] ]

-I then found 'class Civilian : Man' and tried to find the 'class SoundEnvironExt' text for that section but there wasn't one - in fact there was only one other 'class SoundEnvironExt' in the entire cpp text

I forgot about that civilians dont have 'class SoundEnvironExt'. So there is a line missing also. I will correct that.

Quote[/b] ]Also, what do you mean by 'Find the original config.bin from DynamicRange'? Do you mean the corresponding bin file for the cpp used, i.e. in my case the config.bin for middle+blood+dr?

No. The config.bin from the original DR-config.bin

Ok. Now is the corrected version there.

Hope its right this time..

Quote[/b] ] The latter. You copy over the whole "class"

What I meant was, how much of the text in the original cpp do I copy over when I paste the new text into it? Where do I need to 'finish' the pasting (if you see what I mean)?

Quote[/b] ] No. The config.bin from the original DR-config.bin

Is this Pitviper's most recent DR config.bin (for v1.91)? If not, which version do you mean and where can I get it?

Sorry to ask so many questions - I just want to be sure I'm doing everything right. smile_o.gif

Cheers GMR,

It's OK - instead I just dePOD'd and edited the helidust.sqs to just:

================================

goto "exit"

exit

================================

Going straight to exit seems to be what it does anyway if Helidust is set to 0, so it achieves the same purpose I think smile_o.gif

Cheers!

Cornhelium

Its ok to ask.

Yes its the latest version for 1.91. But I think it doesnt matter, I dont know.

With the whole class I mean:

class SoundEnvironExt

{

text

};

Hmm I tried it but it didn't work - footsteps sounded the same and there were no 'takeflag' or grenade throwing sounds. I'll try it again.

Which version of the explosion mod are you using andersson?