Sign in to follow this  
Koolkid101

Island with tall grass

A.I.A. mod just released great Udie's Wake Island! It's a pacific Island with Tropical trees and tall grass. Download from A.I.A. or by clicking below! smile_o.gif

This Island and Japanese infantry against the US Marines is a terrifying experience created.

Features of this Island are:

Jungle style bush,

Tall grass in fields,

Small Airfield,

3 US Bases excluding airfields

Authentic re-creation of Wake Island

2 other smaller Islands connected to Wake Island

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/

Wake2as.jpgWake1as.jpg

Just to let people know before they download 17mb, this release contains the old Meekong island and the new tiny Wake island.

Textures and objects are duplicated in from pbo's from SEB (sebnam_obj) and the old "Alpha" NAM islands ilolilo.pbo / meekong. They are not just using the textures or objects, they included the actual files inside the release in duplicate pbo's. So if you have Official SEB NAM Pack 2 installed, you download the sebnam_obj.pbo again at least.

I also noticed there was 1mb TGA file inside the ilolilo.pbo and another smaller one on the meekong.pbo file.

Pretty much same scenario as with the "Alpha" NAM islands... I would hate to be 56k modem user downloading this and then to find out what it is.

I did the ilo_ilo.pbo a looong time ago when starting some new Nam islands but gave up due to time. The ilo_ilo pbo contains some textures from Deadly Dozen as placeholders, but quite a few I created BY HAND. I just never had the time to create all new textures until now. Thats why I just uploaded them "as is" thinking maybe someone could help finish the islands. These guys could of at least taken out what they needed, renamed things or something... something, then removed the unused files. Or just friggen asked me how to do it. I could have told them how to do it.

Hope the island is nice at least.

Arrr.. Meekong island lags waaaaaay too much for comfort sad_o.gif

And the new bridges on Wake are 'unwalkable' sad_o.gif

I expected something....well, better.

Guess we have to wait the BAS's island or the next Afghanistan release to get some proper new island, that doesn't look like something already released for a year now.

crazy_o.gif

It's not that bad, but yeah the bridges really should have been working. Also I wish they put a few more huts here and there as well as more of the tall grass in other parts of the island. In addition the AI can stil shoot through the huts (a big problem with the island in the SEB NAM2 pack). I would have also liked to have seen a few more buildings and things hidden deep in the forests or maybe radio antennaes on hill tops. There is one bunker on one hill top but it would have been nice if they had included more. But even worse, the AI pilots can not land or take-off on this map. That REALLY REALLY sucks because it would look so awesome to see aircraft landing on such a beautiful runway. However even if it did work, they need to clear out the trees and hills in front of the runway otherwise the AI pilots will crash into the hills or the trees.

But still I think that this map is still usable but it's definitely a beta.

Overall I like it and will start making missions with it if I can find a WWII soldier addon that I can use as WWII US Marines.

Does anyone know of any WWII US marine addons?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

It crashes alot for me. Looks nice though.

Its a nice island but i think its released to soon   But overall its looking good , but you need high end pc if you want a lot of soldiers on that island wich i have  tounge_o.gif

OMG

I worked on a mission for this island several weeks and i found many really bad bugs, that makes me wonder, if i should finish my mission.

1. the bridges dont work (yes, you know it already. but this bug is an old one, it was on meekong too. WHY didnt you fix this before using this bridges? they may be 4 or 5 month old)

2. the ai can watch and shoot through the woods (nearly 2 or 300 hundred meters). that is the  worst bug i found, because it is nearly unpossible for human players to win against ai in the woods.

3. the airfield doesnt work

4. ships do not move on the water (?rock.gif?why?rock.gif?)

PLS fix this, because it doesnt make sense to play on this island against ai. its a great island, and i want to play on it!