Sign in to follow this  
RaptorAce

Better tracers

I'd like to see some cooler tracers and effects for em.

Like, they'd light up the night sky (they sorta do already, but it seems like something's missing) and also that they could produce small trails of smoke

Good one, no more laser beam tracers is a very good request, i always wondered why did the ak rifle had green tracers and the M16 orange ones? Also not every round should be a tracer bullet, only before the last 2 bullets for us to know the clip is running out smile_o.gif .

those are the colors used by those forces, and I dont think the last 3 are tracers, im pretty sure its every third

/edit

and tracers are there so that you can see where you're shooting, as they are now they're practically worthless as you dont really have any depth perception when shooting at aircraft, and most of the time you wont even see em when shooting at people

oh... i was refering to assault rifles, over here only one round was used because when you fire the tracer one you would know that there was only two rounds left, one in chamber and the last one in the clip, i know that the last round in the clip was very likely to jam the rifle. Also tracer rounds would give away your position on the field so i dont think we should use one round every three bullets, i know i wouldnt smile_o.gif .

over here only one round was used because when you fire the tracer one you would know that there was only two rounds left

So when your enemy sees that you just fired a tracer he knows its time to charge :P

over here only one round was used because when you fire the tracer one you would know that there was only two rounds left

So when your enemy sees that you just fired a tracer he knows its time to charge :P

No because the enemy isnt suposed to know that crazy_o.gif , and someone should be covering you while you reload and...huh, yes we could really have some better looking tracers in OPF2 tounge_o.gif .

Every 3 or 4 rounds for LMG's. And yeah, there is a tradition that believes in having tracers near the end of a magazine to let you know it is time to reload.

For the most part, tracers in assault rifles aren't needed.

Submachineguns, sniper rifles, and pistols should never have them. (the Barrett .50 being an exception because it helps to set vehicles on fire)

Better tracers would be more than welcome, those laser beams look a bit funny. That tradition to put tracers at the end of the mag to see when you´re out of bullets is bit retarded, why not to shoot the mag empty and then just change it biggrin_o.gif

@ June 11 2003,16:22)]Better tracers would be more than welcome, those laser beams look a bit funny. That tradition to put tracers at the end of the mag to see when you´re out of bullets is bit retarded, why not to shoot the mag empty and then just change it biggrin_o.gif

Well I guess instead of running charging out to kick some arse and find your out of ammo and you get that total doom feeling sweeping over your body... you get to know you're screwed a bit sooner! smile_o.gif

You can reload faster with a round still in the chamber, all you have to do is mag off, mag on, release cocking handle, {forward assist} - only on some rifles

Instead of mag off, mag on, cock weapon, {forward assist}

Personally I just count the rounds I've fired, also the round chambering sounds different as the magazine empties due to the difference in tension on the mag spring, hence I can tell when I'm almost empty on full auto. This would be harder to do in a firefight with big explosions etc though smile_o.gif

On topic - tracers for all weapons is a bit silly. Although it is a server side variable which can be turned off.