Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Sjb animated nvgs

We've had this implemented for a while...animated NV goggles on the SOAR pilots. Just haven't been able turn on/off the game nv mode.

Why only SOAR pilots? Rangers use them too.. and they specialize in Night raids!! and in my opinion.. they look the most kick ass in them!! will they be on the rangers to in the (S) version of all the rangers.. without the boonie hats,or just put them on the regular daytime rangers.. we can have them propped up.. doest matter to me...

now that jackal knows how to do it.. just ask him an boom wallllla

Nice they sort of look like the NV goggles the MGS2 guys on the ship have.

Just for the record i am not into MGS2 because of that stupid girly guy wink_o.gif

We've had this implemented for a while...animated NV goggles on the SOAR pilots. Just haven't been able turn on/off the game nv mode.

The same problem I have run into. If I find a fix, I'll be sure to let you know (I expect the same in return biggrin_o.gif )

I've updated the NVG's  biggrin_o.gif

FIXES FOR VERSION 1.1

- Fixed the "hole" seen on distant LODs

- Fixed the shadow not having a helmet

- Fixed the "black belt" visible on distant LODs

- Several Code tweaks.

So check out the news at http://sjb.ofprc.net/SJB_NVG/, and grab the download from the bottom of that page (in .MSI AND .ZIP format for those who for whatever reason couldn't/wouldn't run the .MSI installer for version 1.0).

is there a way to make a new night vision view, one that isnt so grainy, right now i find it easier to not use nv at all

nv was all grainy like that in '85 but not now days

i have a real russian nightvision scope and its not that grainy and hard to see out of either

form the night visions that ive seen that have appeared modern.. look more "Negative Colored" than the night vision in flashpoint..

is there a way to make a new night vision view, one that isnt so grainy, right now i find it easier to not use nv at all

nv was all grainy like that in '85 but not now days

i have a real russian nightvision scope and its not that grainy and hard to see out of either

From everything I've read from addon makers it is impossible to edit OFPs NV, and also impossible to create a new NV view from scratch...

well that sucks,

i figured that if you could redo rain textures and everything that you could redo the nightvision, but guess not, oh well

i still find it easier not to use the nv than to use it?

any one else think that to?

The same problem I have run into. If I find a fix, I'll be sure to let you know (I expect the same in return  biggrin_o.gif )

I'm also guessing you have another problem. When you actually press the 'n' key the BIS goggles still appear under your NV goggles model right?

The BIS goggles still appearing is easily sovleable - just delete the proxy.

The major problem is that this still doesnt actually add NEW nvg's to the game... sure you've got a new model (and its cleverly done) but the nvg view is still the same shitty 1st generation view, and having the new nvg model is really only eyecandy...

The way to change the Night Vision Sight is to change the textures in data.pbo (with installer like Kegetys it maked).

The textures are:

night_sum.01.paa to night_sum.05.paa and nightvisiontl.paa

Here are two screens how does it effect (Warning BIG files!):

Original Sight

Clean Sight

The way to change the Night Vision Sight is to change the textures in data.pbo (with installer like Kegetys it maked).

The textures are:

Original Sight

Clean Sight

Are modern day NVG sights realy that clean?

STGN

The textures are:

Original Sight

Clean Sight

Yes, we know that, but then all sides, east, west, resistance and civilian will use the new NVG's.

As the East, and Resistance definately does not have the money/technology for the 3rd generation NV systems, that would be

a) Unrealistic

b) Give the East an advantage they would not have IRL

c) STILL does NOT add NEW nvg's to the game...

Yes, we know that, but then all sides, east, west, resistance and civilian will use the new NVG's.

As the East, and Resistance definately does not have the money/technology for the 3rd generation NV systems, that would be

a) Unrealistic

b) Give the East an advantage they would not have IRL

c) STILL does NOT add NEW nvg's to the game...

I think that's ok. The latest Russian made stuff is supposed to be fairly good. Besodes the AI won't notice any difference, and it'll keep things even during MP games where players are on different sides.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

When I download the update and try to install the MSI one it gave me an error meassage, (the old 1.0 MSI worked) it says another verison is already installed. Instalation of this version canot continue.

On his site he also has a zipped version of the update. You might have already known that but I just wanted to mention that in case anyone else didn't notice the ZIPed version.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Okay I downloaded the nvg's but i got a pbo of a generic special operative. That's false advertising. If you do plan on learning anything from this whole ordeal learn to skim. I only have a certain amount of space to work with. Another thing is, in the end and the finished product, will I still get the special operative or just the goggles like its advertised? Let's skim on addons here. Do you know what I'm saying?

Truly yours,

BronzeEagle: supervillian.

well, i knew there had to be a way to change that by changine textures or something

too bad it affects all sides

i still think it would be worth changing it though

and like i said i have a real russian night vision scope, its not near as grainy as the original in game, but not as clear as that pic you posted

so maybe something between the original and and pic you posted would be a good compromise

Okay I downloaded the nvg's but i got a pbo of a generic special operative.  That's false advertising.  If you do plan on learning anything from this whole ordeal learn to skim.  I only have a certain amount of space to work with.  Another thing is, in the end and the finished product, will I still get the special operative or just the goggles like its advertised?  Let's skim on addons here.  Do you know what I'm saying?

Truly yours,

BronzeEagle: supervillian.

Dude, if you read the thread you would have realized what it was. Don't get all pissed off just because you're too lazy to read about the addon. Personally I like the "generic" special ops addon and it is advertised as a covert operative.

Also if you read the thread, you would see that the maker of this addon is trying to work on a stand-alone version that can be applied to any unit, but regardless this addon is still a break-thru in OFP as it hasn't been done before and overall looks very good. Plus these units can be applied to almost any country if you switch out the weapons in the map editor (which is easy to do).

I'm just hoping that BAS makes for their Delta/Rangers a monocle PVS-7 version as used by the U.S. Army.

By the way do you use mod folders? If so read up on Avon Lady's site on how to create mod folders. This helps tremendously in seperating all your addons into different mods that only the addons required for specific mods are loaded up by OFP (and thus you save memory).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

When I download the update and try to install the MSI one it gave me an error meassage, (the old 1.0 MSI worked) it says another verison is already installed. Instalation of this version canot continue.

If you use the original (version 1.0) installer to UNinstall the first version, then use the v1.1 installer to install the new version, everything should work OK.

As has been said, changing texture does give the clearer view, but also gives all other "less advanced" sides the same advantage they would not have in RL. Then there is the problem with calls of cheating in MP with the modified files etc.

Due so server issues, I've had to re-upload the NVG portion of the site, as well as the addon itself, so if you experience any "Error: 404" messages just keep trying.

In other news, the server that hosts us might be moving, so if/when it does, I'll post the new links here.

@miles teg(I'm just hoping that BAS makes for their Delta/Rangers a monocle PVS-7 version as used by the U.S. Army. )

the monocolar is called a PVS-14 it is nice smile_o.gif

@miles teg(I'm just hoping that BAS makes for their Delta/Rangers a monocle PVS-7 version as used by the U.S. Army. )

the monocolar is called a PVS-14 it is nice smile_o.gif

I'm fairly certain the one that I used in the Army was a PVS-7.

12PVS_7_ABC_NBG.jpg

Here is a pic of the PVS-14 modular night vision monocle:

pvs14.jpg

Another good pic (but too big to post) of the PVS-14 helmet mounted can be found at:

http://nightoperations.com/images/pvs-14.jpg

I'm fairly certain that the older PVS-7's are still in wide usage in the US Army as I saw pictures of units in Iraq that defintely were using PVS-7's and not the smaller PVS-14.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>