Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

New ofp launcher version 2.0

I updated my very old OFP Launcher to version 2.0. It now looks like this:

* Update, version 2.1 available with a few bug fixes and a player list on the server window

* Update, version 2.16 available.

* Update, version 2.17 available. (With -nomap support)

Main window:

main.gif

Mods window:

mods.gif

Server editing window:

servers.gif

Server list window:

mplist.gif

As seen from the screenshots, it supports easy mod launching, including automatic usage of selected mods when joning a multiplayer server.

Download it from my addons site (others section).

Hi,

for making a mod to be selected, what needs to be done?

Do I just make a folder(say we are talking about BAS addons) name it 'bas' and set the mod directory name to 'bas' and move all the BAS addons in there?

Hi,

for making a mod to be selected, what needs to be done?

Do I just make a folder(say we are talking about BAS addons) name it 'bas' and set the mod directory name to 'bas' and move all the BAS addons in there?

You´ll need to put them in an addons folder inside the BAS folder.

Great job Keg, good work as usual.

Great work Kegetys, been waiting for a launcher that supports mods in such a way. Downloading now biggrin_o.gif

AceSlayer, you need an addons directory with the bas addons under the bas directory. So its like this "OfpDir/BAS/AddOns/". Hope that helps.

OK, let me ask my dumbass question (not being very familiar with using mod/addon folders):

If I group addons in individual folders, I can select as many as I want to turn on and off? Do I need to copy the base OFP addons into these folders too, or are they loaded from the standard addons folder by default?

or are they loaded from the standard addons folder by default?

Correct.

If I group addons in individual folders, I can select as many as I want to turn on and off?

Yes, if you mean what I think you mean.

This is very nice.

However, I would really like to see a launcher that allows mod folder profiles to be defined.

That is, rather than having to check mod entries on and off every time you run the launcher, I would like to define mods as they are being defined here but have the ability to group them together in advance.

For example, I have BAS, DKM, And Desert mod folders and I would like to pre-group them under a "Modern Desert" profile. If I could predefine this grouping, I could select it from a check list (or, better, a drop-down list) from the launcher's main screen.

This way, you could predefine any combination of mod folders in advance and select a profile with just one click.

For example, I have BAS, DKM, And Desert mod folders and I would like to pre-group them under a "Modern Desert" profile. If I could predefine this grouping, I could select it from a check list (or, better, a drop-down list) from the launcher's main screen.

Soo... just copy all those addons to one mod dir and add that to the launcher with "Modern Desert" name.

Soo... just copy all those addons to one mod dir and add that to the launcher with "Modern Desert" name.

No, because I might have a 1985 Desert profile that does not use BAS and DKM but does combine other mod folders with the Desert mod folder and I don't want to duplicate addon files in multiple folders.

"We love you Kegetys, we do! We love you Kegetys, we do!..."

Great work Keg.

RED

and I don't want to duplicate addon files in multiple folders.

Use symbolic links the... oh wait, Windows doesnt support those, what a crappy OS it is :P If you use NTFS, you can do hard links though with a little app such as this.

and I don't want to duplicate addon files in multiple folders.

Use symbolic links the... oh wait, Windows doesnt support those, what a crappy OS it is :P If you use NTFS, you can do hard links though with a little app such as this.

Well, that's a nice technical solution that 1) doesn't work for non-NTFS Windows users and 2) might be a bit too technical for many a PC user.

Great Stuff!

Just what I asked for in an earlier thread! biggrin_o.gif

Though I agree with Avon, Mod Profiles would be really useful.

I have all sorts of addons I want to switch on and off ( Hisky, DynamicRange, Battlefield Insane etc ) and all the campaigns and servers I play require different sets of addons.

One last addition to make this the perfect launcher! smile_o.gif

Thank you very much kege! Awesome biggrin_o.gif

i agree on mod profiles, it would be handy smile_o.gif

Found a little bug, if you ahve two servers with the same ip on different ports (e.g. ZEUS and ZEUS Addon) it shows the same info for both. So if you're updating it can you please fix this??

Found a little bug, if you ahve two servers with the same ip on different ports (e.g. ZEUS and ZEUS Addon) it shows the same info for both.

Fixed, there's now version 2.1 available on the site... It halso has a player list on the server list window, and a few other fixes.

No mod "profiles" support, I couldnt figure out a decent way to do that... If its absolutely necessary to run single player with mod profiles, you can trick it by adding a new server with the mods you like, with an empty hostname and the port set to 0. When you "join" to that server using the mp server list your selected mods will be used but OFP wont even try to join anywhere since the host is blank.

Great job ... as usual. We should make you some kind of OFP award. smile_o.gif

Thx for the fix! I love to be able to see whos online!

Keg one other bug, Its displaying my lan ip, and not my internet one.

Keg one other bug, Its displaying my lan ip, and not my internet one.

Yep...